Walmart

IN-STOCK: Wahl Elite Pro High Performance Haircutting Kit

[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
33 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] IN-STOCK: Wahl Elite Pro High Performance Haircutting Kit

For anyone in the market for a for a trimmer (It’s been rough finding quality ones since the pandemic occurred), Walmart has back in stock the Wahl Elite Pro. Review on the Wirecutter list it as their top pick. Not on sale but I picked one up!

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... d-get-this
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
I waited and waited for this to finally be in stock and boom I see it in stock last week, purchased this on June 29, for grocery pick up July 1st 8am-9am pick up for $49.96. Added a bag of chips to push it over the $50 mark for no grocery fee pick up, and then since first grocery order, I used a coupon code for $10 off.

Come July 1st they called me 30 mins before my pick up window and said they cant fulfill the clippers cause none left in stock at that location. They didn't even process and pick the order till July 1st 7:30am.

So this time legit in stock? Still showing grocery pick up for me, and no locations in Edmonton have this in stock? Anyone to order this so they ship it from a location that has stock?
Apr 30, 2006
2 posts
dj_rice wrote: I waited and waited for this to finally be in stock and boom I see it in stock last week, purchased this on June 29, for grocery pick up July 1st 8am-9am pick up for $49.96. Added a bag of chips to push it over the $50 mark for no grocery fee pick up, and then since first grocery order, I used a coupon code for $10 off.

Come July 1st they called me 30 mins before my pick up window and said they cant fulfill the clippers cause none left in stock at that location. They didn't even process and pick the order till July 1st 7:30am.

So this time legit in stock? Still showing grocery pick up for me, and no locations in Edmonton have this in stock? Anyone to order this so they ship it from a location that has stock?
I did the same thing when it was on the rollback sale. Added an item to meet the $50 grocery order. Still don’t understand why it’s deemed a grocery item. Anyway, I even set it for days later pick up hoping they can have it sent to the store because they had none here in Calgary, but still didn’t get fulfilled. Today, I saw it in stock at a nearby Walmart so I went and bought the only they had. Didn’t care about missing out on the sale as it was still cheaper than other retailers.
Last edited by Revive on Jul 3rd, 2020 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2014
367 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
dj_rice wrote: I waited and waited for this to finally be in stock and boom I see it in stock last week, purchased this on June 29, for grocery pick up July 1st 8am-9am pick up for $49.96. Added a bag of chips to push it over the $50 mark for no grocery fee pick up, and then since first grocery order, I used a coupon code for $10 off.

I also tried to order it before and added grocery items. It never came. I tried again a second time and still never came. Worst.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2065 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto

Exactly the same issue. I think they look for it in store and if they can't find it they cancel it. I was not happy with what they did. Yet its $10 for shipping!

Yes. Everywhere else is sold out. Even ebay is expensive!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
7193 posts
7498 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Costco has/had one for 49.99
Telus $30/25GB X 4 lines Non shareable
$0 200 USA LD min/month X 4 lines
$0 Visual Voicemail X 4 lines
Fringe Minority
[OP]
Jan 20, 2014
33 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Hi everyone thanks for your updates. Just to keep you in the loop not sure if it’s going to be delivered or why it’s a grocery item! Will let everyone know if it ships.
Mar 2, 2004
625 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried to order this during the last 3 months many times. But every time the order gets cancelled because it is a grocery item and none of the walmart has it in stock.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1936 posts
1167 upvotes
Edmonton
Odd....all week its been a grocery item, and then today I see its not a grocery item and showing "Sold and Shipped By Walmart"

***Nevermind, add to cart and then it shows Grocery Item and you have no option to choose it for shipping...

I want these clipppppppers, I've been using my dogs Andis clippers during COVID. LOL I need my own
Mar 3, 2009
111 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
I've used this set for about 3years and just replaced recently. Set is great for what you get. The guide combs are very sturdy which is much better than flimsy plastic ones you normally get. I'm actually using these guide combs with wahl magic clippers i just bought.

These clipppers do cut well but it does get hot quite fast and are a bit heavy. So ideally you would not want to keep using these Clippers for longer than 45 min to hr. Had to finally replace this set cause it kept tripping up the fuse when i turned it on.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
4027 posts
4339 upvotes
Ontario
fightbriz wrote: Philips 7000 or this?
I bought the Philips 7000 HC7650...waiting for delivery. Amazon periodically has it on sale for $50 (OOS) but it's now available at WM for $70
Stocktrack Walmart
Walmart Link

I currently use an older Philips 5000 Multi-Groom Trimmer that I paid only $15-$20 a few years ago. It's adjustable in 1mm increments from 1 to 20mm. Easy to fade.

Works quite well for my DIY Covid cut. Light weight, cordless and don't have to fumble around with multiple guards.

I will never go back to a hair stylist so wanted to upgrade to a proper hair clipper. Looking forward to trying out the Philips 7000 HC7650 Hair Clipper!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8007 posts
8595 upvotes
A work around for the Grocery Order. You will probably need a Walmart account for this to work. Online shopping by Walmart Canada -1 star. Help Centre service is hit and miss.

My order also went to Grocery. To try to resolve their poor decision to map this as a Grocery item , I called their "Help Centre." Link is at the bottom of their webpages.

1st Call - Static and then hung up on, but they did try to follow up with a survey. I hung up.
2nd Call - This went to a call centre thousands of miles away. After a minute of speaking to a CSR who only knew to ask for my order number, I hung up.
3rd Call - CSR in Canada also thought it was odd that this item was tagged as a grocery item. I gave the CSR a previous order number for the CSR to look for my account. To avoid me having to pay the delivery fee, the CSR credited my account with a $10 e-voucher to apply at checkout. I picked a delivery date for next week, as I doubt they will actually delivery it on the weekend.

Order processed and Grocery confirmation received. We'll see and report back if this exact item actually gets delivered and billed correctly.
Nov 12, 2013
79 posts
23 upvotes
Same thing happened to me. Ordered on 29th. Treats order as 'grocery'. Item mysteriously gets deleted from the order. Called Customer service and they just say that it's out of stock. Thought it was unreasonable to falsely advertise an item online as 'available' and waste the customer's time.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1309 posts
1545 upvotes
GTA
Ordered ~30 mins after OP's first post. Supposed to pick up at 8 am, but confirmation never came in. Probably OOS
Jan 30, 2012
183 posts
167 upvotes
Ordered this about 6 months before the pandemic for about ~$60 and didn't really use it until barbers were closed down. Has easily paid for itself in haircuts since. Now I don't go to the barber after salons have opened up again. Nice little kit.