• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 5:03 am
[OP]
Nov 4, 2014
341 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Walmart] Sunbeam 2 lb Capacity Bread Maker 5891-33 - $60

For anyone who missed the $70 Sunbeam bread maker last month ( amazon-canadian-tire-sunbeam-2-pound-br ... 0-2459286/ ), they are back again.
Plus, Walmart has $60 bread maker from Sunbeam, same capacity, different model.
Last edited by archon6784 on May 29th, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
Thread Summary
42 replies
Mar 12, 2012
579 posts
520 upvotes
Belleville
Thanks for posting have been in the market for a while.
The Amazon ones comes with an extra paddle, so for $10 I figured it would be worth it. Last machine I had, the non-stick peeled off the paddle, and I couldn't find a replacement for it - very frustrating and would have paid $10 to fix it at the time.

The walmart one also has a cluster of reviews about broken belts, so figured I'd go with the Amazon one.
Feb 16, 2010
840 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great bread maker, but it goes on sale for $60 often. I bought this a few years ago at Walmart for $40.
Nov 30, 2011
354 posts
192 upvotes
I don't about the Amazon one, but I bought this one a few years back on RFD. It was selling for $40 at both Walmart and Amazon. It went on sale a few times for that price. Some people bought 2 as a backup. Now I know why, this is a damn good machine. Too bad it's $60 now.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21238 posts
25308 upvotes
This is one of those cringe-worthy posts so brace yourself.

I'm on keto (prepare the parade), and I've experimented with various keto bread preparations, including using bread-makers like this one.

Thus far, I haven't really come across keto bread that I would qualify as bread-worthy. Science has only taken us so far it seems.

Carry on, gents.
Nov 30, 2011
354 posts
192 upvotes
Xoanan wrote: Thanks for posting have been in the market for a while.
The Amazon ones comes with an extra paddle, so for $10 I figured it would be worth it. Last machine I had, the non-stick peeled off the paddle, and I couldn't find a replacement for it - very frustrating and would have paid $10 to fix it at the time.

The walmart one also has a cluster of reviews about broken belts, so figured I'd go with the Amazon one.
I'd stick with the Walmart one, I know that works.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11471 posts
4568 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
I've had mine for quite a few years and it still works great.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1774 posts
1245 upvotes
Xoanan wrote: Thanks for posting have been in the market for a while.

You can buy the paddle locally, from sunbeam's certified resellers, or buy the paddle directly from sunbeam. I think they were charging under $15 shipped.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2488 posts
882 upvotes
I bought this for $20 on a clear out from the local walmart about 3-4 years ago.

I mainly use it to mix dough without needing to do the mix -> wait -> punch down -> wait steps and then remove the dough and bake in the oven, because I like the finish of the bread better that way. Definitely worth $20, and worth $60 if you're ok with square bread wiht a funny hole in one end.
Apr 7, 2009
562 posts
355 upvotes
toronto
It makes great bread. Easy to use. Used it for a few years, maybe 100 loaves by now. Just started noticing a slight leak last week. Bought it for $50. It has been $60 regularly but a good machine.
Jan 8, 2010
260 posts
72 upvotes
I had this bread maker for 5 yrs and use it regularly to knead. Does a great job. I now also use it to make pork floss with my leftover meat from soup and it is great at it too.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2240 posts
2366 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is one of those cringe-worthy posts so brace yourself.

I'm on keto (prepare the parade), and I've experimented with various keto bread preparations, including using bread-makers like this one.

Thus far, I haven't really come across keto bread that I would qualify as bread-worthy. Science has only taken us so far it seems.

Carry on, gents.
I have this exact model that I was lucky enough to get for $25 off Kijiji. I love it and I got it because I was trying to make keto bread too and have used it for 2 years so far.

This is the keto bread recipe I use that I found online, except I tailored the portions for this machine so the bread is not too tall (put into the machine in this order):
3/4 Cup Water
2 Egg (preferably room temperature)
1 & 1/2 Tablespoon Butter (room temperature)
~1 Tablespoon Sweetener (Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Swerve) or Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
0.8 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten Flour
1.3 Teaspoon Yeast

If you opt for using a tablespoon of sugar instead of sweetener, you will get a higher loaf. The yeast eats up the sugar anyway, but if you are worried about any sugar, you can use the sweetener. I find the bread rises regardless.

Vital Wheat Gluten Flour can be found at Whole Foods, Amazon, and Low Carb Grocery online.

I found that this recipe produces the closet thing to actual bread, and you don't have go grinding your own psyllium husk. lol It is soft and fluffy, although a bit chewier than flour bread. My mom actually likes the keto bread better than whole wheat.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5103 posts
2010 upvotes
We bought the TWINBIRD Multifunction Breadmaker Machine (PY-E632TW) for .

My wife was in Taipei visiting her parents ... and bought it and brought it back.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Jul 14, 2010
15 posts
13 upvotes
We make pizza dough about 20 times a year and bread about 4 times. This product has been great and was the least expensive breadmaker that we have owned. It is about 3 years old.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3287 posts
996 upvotes
Belle River
I also got this on that $20 clearance deal awhile back. Starting using it regularly a few months back, making bread every other day, working fine. For the 2 regular white breads in the manual I found that increasing the yeast a bit worked better, results would vary with everyone's ingredients of course. Tried the cake recipe in the manual once, it was terrible didn't rise at all. I've only ever used recipes from the manual, not sure what other recipes work well in this machine, never tried to adapt any.
FruityMonkey wrote: I had this bread maker for 5 yrs and use it regularly to knead. Does a great job. I now also use it to make pork floss with my leftover meat from soup and it is great at it too.
Can you explain how to make the pork floss? Sounds cool :).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5103 posts
2010 upvotes
Tojued wrote: Link please!
Walmart Link
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2