[Walmart] Sunflower Oil - 3 Litres- Tasty by Kernel $4.97

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 8:00 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
42 posts
101 upvotes

[Walmart] Sunflower Oil - 3 Litres- Tasty by Kernel $4.97

Tasty 100% Pure Sunflower Oil by Kernel available at Walmart for $4.97 (In-Store only)

Call and check with the Food department to save your time as this goes off the shelf very quickly. They restock every day depending upon the location. Generally the super-center has more stock than a regular Walmart.

It’s in the Flyer.

Link: https://flipp.app.link/nmYgnrSZ0fb
9ECB9E6F-2B56-4F18-97D0-EB0F8FDE1134.jpeg
Last edited by guyfromontario on May 10th, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Nov 21, 2016
156 posts
138 upvotes
abbotsford
guyfromontario wrote: Call and check with the Food department to save your time as this goes off the shelf very quickly.

Pardon me, but what is so special about this oil? Is it really such a particularly hot deal that it flies off the shelves?
May 8, 2021
3 posts
4 upvotes
gyggyg wrote: Pardon me, but what is so special about this oil? Is it really such a particularly hot deal that it flies off the shelves?
Each types of oil have their benefits in terms of what they provide (vitamins, omega # etc), but at the end of the day, it is oil and you shouldn't really have too much of it.
However, this is not a bad price considering the cost of even canola oil at the moment and also has a better smoke point (starts smoking later than canola), so you can run it hotter if you need to or be a bit less careful when frying.

I was used to sunflower/vegetable in Europe so this is a good way to get similar oil and not break a bank (haven't seen it this price yet) and whilst canola oil is by no means bad, it took some getting used to - of course this part is all subjective.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
42 posts
101 upvotes
Price wise it is definitely a hot deal as the regular price is around $8 at Walmart and everywhere else.
gyggyg wrote: Pardon me, but what is so special about this oil? Is it really such a particularly hot deal that it flies off the shelves?
Sep 13, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
Which loc ? I cant find anything near me
Apr 7, 2011
836 posts
837 upvotes
ottawa
Sunflower is probably the best oil for cooking. It's neutral tasting/aroma, has a fairly high smoking point and is not genetically modified. What's not to like about it at this price.
Mar 6, 2005
520 posts
164 upvotes
stcv3 wrote: Sunflower is probably the best oil for cooking. It's neutral tasting/aroma, has a fairly high smoking point and is not genetically modified. What's not to like about it at this price.
I am not an oil expert. What about canola oil?
Banned
May 9, 2021
4 posts
What’s better for high heat: sunflower or canola?
Apr 7, 2011
836 posts
837 upvotes
ottawa
DNAv5 wrote: I am not an oil expert. What about canola oil?
almost guaranteed GMO unless labeled as not.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6475 posts
335 upvotes
Etobicoke
Beware the info contained in Flipp App may not be accurate.

I've been a Flipp app user for over a year. Was very happy with the app. However, starting a few month ago, we got burned a few times as the app would contain discounts not available in our local grocery stores even though we entered the correct postal code into the app. We went to the store and there was no discount. Given the current lockdown and all the associated line ups, risks, etc. of going to a grocery store, we were frustrated - it's almost like using fake ads to lure you into the store (though I really hope this is an honest mistake. But it happened too many times). Now, we've deleted the Flipp app altogether. It's really too bad. Was a very useful app we consulted every week. But once you lose trust in the info, we can't use it any more.

Be sure to look up the store's flyer using the store's web site to confirm the deal. We couldn't find this deal in my area on Walmart's flyer.
Last edited by eelfliw on May 11th, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1943 posts
2882 upvotes
Higher smoke point than some oils. 450°F
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1943 posts
2882 upvotes
Stonkz wrote: What’s better for high heat: sunflower or canola?
Sunflower by 50degrees.
450f vs 400f (Canola)

IIRC, Avocado oil has the highest smoke point at 500d but its damn expensive. Its a good deal IMO.

Another benefit is frying at high temps if thats your thing.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2021
42 posts
101 upvotes
Well my local Walmart also priced it at 7.97 on shelf. But when I called and mentioned that in flyer it’s 4.97 they gave me 8 units at this price. Worth trying out. Plus there is no limit on purchase.
potato135 wrote: Big YMMV. Wasted time wondering why my local Walmart was showing 7.97. turns out they don't participate in that flyer. Make sure your stores local flyer has that flyer listed.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1179 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
stcv3 wrote: almost guaranteed GMO unless labeled as not.
what do you think is the problem with GMO oil? it's oil. there's no genetic material there. ffs
Aug 30, 2013
760 posts
845 upvotes
stcv3 wrote: almost guaranteed GMO unless labeled as not.
Pretty much everything you by is GMO, even if the label says non GMO.
Apr 7, 2011
836 posts
837 upvotes
ottawa
discostupid wrote: what do you think is the problem with GMO oil? it's oil. there's no genetic material there. ffs
Wasn't sure if you're serious or just trolling, but then I saw your account name.
Jul 25, 2017
715 posts
224 upvotes
Anyone stocktrack this? Can't seem to find it
Nov 14, 2012
430 posts
149 upvotes
CALGARY
And I tnought frying at high temperatures have no benefitsFace With Rolling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5317 posts
2197 upvotes
West Vancouver
stcv3 wrote: Wasn't sure if you're serious or just trolling, but then I saw your account name.
disco ?