Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Super Tech Full Synthetic - $14.97 for 5L

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 8:36 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28028 posts
8469 upvotes
XoX1de wrote: Definitely great stuff, their 5w40 passed Mercedes 229.3/5 etc.
And VAG 502.00 ;)

Odd thing is I don't understand why this hasn't been more a hit at RFD--there's another thread about this from June but didn't even make it to page#2. Thought this would be fire hot here but doesn't seem like anyone is interested, def. not like the Pennzoil deals back when they had the rebate--and that even required a rebate, this needs nothing!

Weird thing is my local Walmart(s) have had this on [what I always thought was] clearance for $16.9x for some time, at least the 0W40. I just bought two more bottles the other day at that price--pretty much every time I go to a WM that has the 5W40, I buy two more bottles :lol: Is $16.97 the reg price then, not clearance? And is the $14.97 price for all grades and chain-wide? 'Cause if so I should go and buy two more lol. Also I could probably get price adjusted on the last two I won't bother for $4.
cedarleaf wrote: Supertech is pretty much the same as amazon basics and kirkland branded oil. The kirkland ones can be had on regular price for $35 for a box of 2.

This is not a spectacular deal though, but it still saves you $2.5 per jug. So go right ahead if you need it.
Yeah but Costblo is also king of, "we only sell the most popular varieties of things, want something else get outta here!" Meaning Kirkland oil only comes in like two flavours, while SuperTech comes in like 5-6. I think I even saw 0W-16 the other day, but in the 1L bottles not the 5L.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2682 posts
524 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
ES_Revenge wrote: And VAG 502.00 ;)

Odd thing is I don't understand why this hasn't been more a hit at RFD--there's another thread about this from June but didn't even make it to page#2. Thought this would be fire hot here but doesn't seem like anyone is interested, def. not like the Pennzoil deals back when they had the rebate--and that even required a rebate, this needs nothing!

Weird thing is my local Walmart(s) have had this on [what I always thought was] clearance for $16.9x for some time, at least the 0W40. I just bought two more bottles the other day at that price--pretty much every time I go to a WM that has the 5W40, I buy two more bottles :lol: Is $16.97 the reg price then, not clearance? And is the $14.97 price for all grades and chain-wide? 'Cause if so I should go and buy two more lol. Also I could probably get price adjusted on the last two I won't bother for $4.

Yeah but Costblo is also king of, "we only sell the most popular varieties of things, want something else get outta here!" Meaning Kirkland oil only comes in like two flavours, while SuperTech comes in like 5-6. I think I even saw 0W-16 the other day, but in the 1L bottles not the 5L.
Glad that this has the VW certification. Would have picked up a few jugs, but i'm already stocked up from the Pennzoil deal from last year
Jan 1, 2008
93 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
0w20 is scanning as 19.99 at my Walmart in Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2715 posts
2239 upvotes
Toronto
andremck wrote: 0w20 is scanning as 19.99 at my Walmart in Mississauga.
What is the UPC of this item?
Tia
Feb 28, 2017
350 posts
641 upvotes
Bought 2 lmao should’ve got more
I cant tell if im addicted to RFD or good deals
Jul 3, 2017
118 posts
114 upvotes
I have used a couple of jugs from previous sales for 8-9000 km OCI and have had absolutely no issues. No difference in how the engine ran vs brand name synthetics that I've used prior to. Not sure why anyone would use dino oil anymore when ST synthetics may be even cheaper than dino oils.
Nov 24, 2002
568 posts
38 upvotes
Mascouche
good price for fully synthetic . I don't need it thou hehehe. I still have oil for another year.
Apr 22, 2020
187 posts
213 upvotes
Alberta
Seems like a great deal, ill have to try and find some 0w20 in stock.

Those who are buying these jugs, do you change the oil yourself or take it to a local mechanic/shop? I'm wondering what places like jiffylube will charge if I supply the oil.
Oct 1, 2015
991 posts
1195 upvotes
Barrie, ON
vtec300 wrote: I have used a couple of jugs from previous sales for 8-9000 km OCI and have had absolutely no issues. No difference in how the engine ran vs brand name synthetics that I've used prior to. Not sure why anyone would use dino oil anymore when ST synthetics may be even cheaper than dino oils.
The only way to know is to send a oil sample off to Blackstone or similar. Wanna find out if cheap oil is doing the job this is the way to do it. I have no doubts it's probably good stuff. I run the 5w40 in my Duramax.
Dec 24, 2009
24 posts
9 upvotes
0W20 is scanning @ 19.97 in Vancouver, BC.

SKU 71621695590 or 30984556 (not sure which # it was on the tag) for those looking.

Was not able to find it on the website.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2853 posts
741 upvotes
Vancouver
1mangoo wrote: 0W20 is scanning @ 19.97 in Vancouver, BC.

SKU 71621695590 or 30984556 (not sure which # it was on the tag) for those looking.

Was not able to find it on the website.
Kirkland price $17.50 for a 4.73L jug or $3.70/L. So 5L is $18.50.

For 0W20, it's better to get it at Costco.
Sep 2, 2003
791 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Can anyone confirm that the 0w-20 meets Honda spec and the 0w-40 meets VW specs (505, 502).. Thanks
Jan 26, 2011
534 posts
296 upvotes
Gatineau
Lemonsquash wrote: Seems like a great deal, ill have to try and find some 0w20 in stock.

Those who are buying these jugs, do you change the oil yourself or take it to a local mechanic/shop? I'm wondering what places like jiffylube will charge if I supply the oil.
I don't think they would use your oil unless it was something exotic, but if they do they are likely to charge you the same as if they supply it. Oil changes are cheap, the profit they make on the oil, filter and time is probably minimal, and their highest profit is probably on the oil. But it's free to ask and if you do, I'd be curious to hear what they said.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4045 posts
287 upvotes
Lemonsquash wrote: Seems like a great deal, ill have to try and find some 0w20 in stock.

It's really easy to DIY on most cars, saves time and a good way to make sure it's done correctly/with good quality oil.
Aug 21, 2019
441 posts
285 upvotes
BC

I get it done at a local oil/mechanic shop. I provide the parts and they labor for 25$.
Do it at a local one rather then jiffy lube, my shop has a decent mechanic, the franchise shops usually have high turnover and careless staff.

If I had a garage and hoist I'd rather do it myself but I live in a condo.