[Walmart] SuperTech synthetic motor oil 5L various grades $17.47

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 2:12 am
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
66 posts
77 upvotes

[Walmart] SuperTech synthetic motor oil 5L various grades $17.47

I haven't seen synthetic motor oil at this price for a long time. Good time to stock up at this price.
Available in 5W20, 5W30, and 5W40 grades only. SKU #31539561

Lot of good reviews on BITOG. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/u ... thetic-oil

Who makes SuperTech oil? Warren oil company in USA. https://mechanicbase.com/reviews/supert ... il-review/

As good as Redline?

I have used SuperTech oil filters for years as I stock up whenever I go to the States. Good quality and no issues at 10Km OCI for past 10 years. Never used their oil, but I won't hesitate to use at this price point as it's a few bucks more than dino oil. I went to 2 Walmarts before I found stock.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 28th, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Thread Summary
22 replies
Nov 16, 2016
605 posts
486 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Decent price OP.

I ended up buying 3 jugs of synthetic Pennzoil from PartsSource with a $25 off $100 coupon.

$100 - $25 (coupon) - $30 (rebates) = $45/3 = $15/jug

Now I just need some Oil Filters on Sale.

If anyone is concerned about SuperTechs quality, it's the same quality as Kirkland Brand oil in the USA. You should be good.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Aug 2, 2015
244 posts
152 upvotes
I don't see this product on walmart.ca so I'm unable to check store stock.
Jun 27, 2006
494 posts
121 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Too bad no 0w20
Dec 2, 2014
69 posts
12 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Decent price OP.

I ended up buying 3 jugs of synthetic Pennzoil from PartsSource with a $25 off $100 coupon.

$100 - $25 (coupon) - $30 (rebates) = $45/3 = $15/jug

Now I just need some Oil Filters on Sale.

If anyone is concerned about SuperTechs quality, it's the same quality as Kirkland Brand oil in the USA. You should be good.

Could you kindly link me to the $25 coupon? I checked both the flyers and web but couldn't seem to find it. Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3764 posts
6293 upvotes
Ottawa
vtec300 wrote: I haven't seen synthetic motor oil at this price for a long time. Good time to stock up at this price.
OP, providing UPC helps a lot to others, SKU not so much.
Especially for products that are not listed on walmart.ca
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9148 posts
1821 upvotes
Winnipeg
vtec300 wrote: I haven't seen synthetic motor oil at this price for a long time. Good time to stock up at this price.

Lot of good reviews on BITOG. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/u ... thetic-oil

Who makes SuperTech oil? Warren oil company in USA. https://mechanicbase.com/reviews/supert ... il-review/

As good as Redline?

I have used SuperTech oil filters for years as I stock up whenever I go to the States. Good quality and no issues at 10Km OCI for past 10 years. Never used their oil, but I won't hesitate to use at this price point as it's a few bucks more than dino oil. I went to 2 Walmarts before I found stock.
are you 100% sure of that or do they outsource per country distributed. Warren is us based walmarts. The walmart supertech oil in canada isn't warren as far as I found out its "safety kleen" rebrand in canada. Not bad at all and I buy supertecth regular 5w30 for around 12 bucks per 4 litres and its all gen 2 rated I believe.

https://www.safety-kleen.com/products/o ... /motor-oil

considering safety kleen doesn't seem to offer "regular oil" on their site only synthetic and synthetic blends. My money is on the supertech regular is probably/maybe synthetic blend too. Its too hard to tell whats what these days.
Feb 18, 2010
847 posts
322 upvotes
Greely
lead wrote: are you 100% sure of that or do they outsource per country distributed. Warren is us based walmarts. The walmart supertech oil in canada isn't warren as far as I found out its "safety kleen" rebrand in canada.
I was wondering the same thing, but I couldn't find the MSDS sheet on the Walmart.ca website to check. But the containers are the same on both Walmart.com and Walmart.ca.
Not bad at all and I buy supertecth regular 5w30 for around 12 bucks per 4 litres and its all gen 2 rated I believe.
Gen 2? Is that the same as Group II oil?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9148 posts
1821 upvotes
Winnipeg
old sparks wrote: I was wondering the same thing, but I couldn't find the MSDS sheet on the Walmart.ca website to check. But the containers are the same on both Walmart.com and Walmart.ca.

Gen 2? Is that the same as Group II oil?
Sorry I just abreviated gen 2 from the new rating for full synthetic oil they use or commonly called dexos 1 gen 2 rated.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2072 posts
1161 upvotes
Confirmed at my local Walmart. Only seen 5W20 and 5W30
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
13852 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto
At this price point, Pennzoil can be had frequently after rebates and discounts. I would rank them a step up from this. If you really need oil NOW, this is not a bad price but I would not stockpile this by any means.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2072 posts
1161 upvotes
hightech wrote: At this price point, Pennzoil can be had frequently after rebates and discounts. I would rank them a step up from this. If you really need oil NOW, this is not a bad price but I would not stockpile this by any means.
I’d also go with Pennzoil but for my all season beater, any synthetic will do ;)
[OP]
Jul 3, 2017
66 posts
77 upvotes
Here is picture of UPC on the bottle. Unfortunately item is not found in Walmart website as I checked last night.

Safety kleen used to supply oil for Walmart Canada with In-Tune brand a few years back. Based on same US and Canada packaging and it's not not labelled recycled oil, made in USA, my feeling is Warren. But not definitively 100% sure as it's rather hard to get info from Walmart head office, IMO.
Images
  • D3ABAE93-CABE-45C8-9AFB-C3B1964B942A.jpeg