Shopping Discussion

Walmart Suspends Weekly Flyers

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 11:40 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8092 posts
349 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote: If you think walmart main reason is to focus on stocks in stores and getting rid of flyers is part of the solution, ur delusional. This is purely all about $$$. At least make a digital flyer if your excuse is purely about covid 19. Nofrills is switching to digital flyers apr 16th.I mean i understand the situation but walmart sole purpose is money they are a business at the end of the day.
I guess you are saying the same for Home Depot ...as i saw they aren't posting their flyers either now
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8092 posts
349 upvotes
Peteheat wrote: Most people are dumb as shit. They see a sale, they go flocking. There is a reason Walmart is doing one directional lane shopping. And still retards can’t get that right.
agreed...i go flocking on sale items i can stock up on and refill my inventory...
having said that....i think there are still physical flyers at the stores....
i was able to get last weeks...but it wasn't available online.
could have changed though as it was probably already shipped before HO made that decision to stop sharing
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
Peteheat wrote: Most people are dumb as shit. They see a sale, they go flocking. There is a reason Walmart is doing one directional lane shopping. And still retards can’t get that right.
Cant sales be limited to say 1 or 2?
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
sienna owner wrote: I guess you are saying the same for Home Depot ...as i saw they aren't posting their flyers either now
Ya home depot is a business and doing so save them $$.its all about money at the end for these businesses. I have nothing against what they are doing but to say getting rid of flyers is a solution is all b.s.
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote: If you think walmart main reason is to focus on stocks in stores and getting rid of flyers is part of the solution, ur delusional. This is purely all about $$$. At least make a digital flyer if your excuse is purely about covid 19. Nofrills is switching to digital flyers apr 16th.I mean i understand the situation but walmart sole purpose is money they are a business at the end of the day.
With the Wage subsidy program the government announced a few days ago, I'm sure certain Walmart stores will qualify (revenue decreasing by 30% over last). Even more money for these corporation to play with. At first it was being directed towards small and medium size businesses but then the government announced the day after it's for any business.
Nov 18, 2018
136 posts
146 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote: Cant sales be limited to say 1 or 2?
They’ve done it on select items, yes. At least the location I generally go to.
Feb 5, 2015
396 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
bigmac22 wrote: Ya home depot is a business and doing so save them $$.its all about money at the end for these businesses. I have nothing against what they are doing but to say getting rid of flyers is a solution is all b.s.
walmart/homedepot/homehardware and a few others they are suspending/pausing the flyers, not getting rid of it.

loblaws group already had plans of going 100% digital flyer, if you notice in the last few months thier flyers have a deal breaker price item, whose price is only visible on the online flyer and not on the printed flyers.
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
DavidC363 wrote: walmart/homedepot/homehardware and a few others they are suspending/pausing the flyers, not getting rid of it.

loblaws group already had plans of going 100% digital flyer, if you notice in the last few months thier flyers have a deal breaker price item, whose price is only visible on the online flyer and not on the printed flyers.
Yep suspend my bad and everything i mention earlier still holds imo. again they are suspending for money reasons as they know covid 19 people will pay regular price regardless, not because they are worried people wont get what they need if theres a sale.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DavidC363 wrote:
Now it's official.

I assume that what RCSS does the rest of the Loblaws empire will soon follow.

Good riddance to paper flyers.
veni, vidi, Visa
Feb 5, 2015
396 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
bigmac22 wrote: Yep suspend my bad and everything i mention earlier still holds imo. again they are suspending for money reasons as they know covid 19 people will pay regular price regardless, not because they are worried people wont get what they need if theres a sale.
things at walmart/homedepot are still on sale, go online or in store. they just arent posting the flyer created months ago.
May 16, 2015
945 posts
333 upvotes
York, ON
DavidC363 wrote: things at walmart/homedepot are still on sale, go online or in store. they just arent posting the flyer created months ago.
Ok i did not know that as the topic is related to suspend flyer. Good to know though.
Sep 26, 2011
450 posts
603 upvotes
Gotta love the doublespeak coming from Walmart.
This week, they sent out their last (?) flyer, with no merchandising, announcing that they're "pausing our regular flyer activity", but they wrapped it with the seasonal flyer titled "Walmart Outdoors" to advertise sales on junk like BBQs, patio furniture, bikes, etc. And it's not as if they had planned for the non-food flyer before COVID-19, because on page 16 & 17 are the now all-too-common placating remarks about being "proud to be a part of your community" and "committed to doing our best to keep stores and Walmart.ca stocked".
Yeah, "pausing" flyers, eh? Uh huh. Neutral Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)