Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1535 posts
3876 upvotes

$24 AT&T 25GB Plan is BACK [Canada / US / Mexico Usage]

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Walmart / AT&T
The Walmart Prepaid promo of 8gb + 17gb is now officially BACK. I wanted to make sure the people who missed out before, don't miss out again.

This promo had expired for about two years or so but is now listed alongside other Walmart Prepaid plans. I have no information on if or when this will expire again.

You must buy a phone from Walmart US [their "activation" fee essentially], wait for the bonus GB of data to appear on your account, then pop the SIM out and into any other phone you want.

25GB of LTE then unlimited 2g. Unlimited talk and text to and from the Canada / US / Mexico. You cannot port a Canadian number over, US numbers only. See the ongoing deal thread for solutions to this.

Pricing [USD]:
  • Regular plan: $50
  • With autopay: $40
  • With a family plan [5 members total]: $28
  • With a family plan [10 members total]: $24

All the details are in the ongoing deals thread.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 210304.png
Share:
138 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1143 posts
1384 upvotes
Hrmm, no 5G?
Feb 1, 2017
439 posts
757 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Hrmm, no 5G?
I keep seeing people clamoring about 5G being an important feature, enough to not switch to some cell providers, what the heck are yall needing 5G for? Web streaming is already plenty fine on LTE, so like are you all downloading large files on your phones while on data nowadays? I don't see the use-case for 5G unless 5g has better coverage for you or something. Don't get me wrong, new better tech is always good, but there are points where it stops mattering much, kinda like 360hz monitors being overkill.
Sep 16, 2020
59 posts
51 upvotes
Sounds better than my US prepaid plan. I got $60 cad/month with everything unlimited since 3 years ago.

Don’t need to buy a phone from Walmart but $20/month more is big
Jun 18, 2019
124 posts
59 upvotes
Time to fly down again
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3842 posts
2985 upvotes
Toronto
I've been on this for 2+ years and have barely set foot in the US since early 2020. No issues with 100% Canadian use for anyone concerned.

I had a 2nd line for a few months and popped it into a hotspot for data at the cottage, but they finally nixed that so I cancelled the line. It's not for hotspot/tethering use.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1535 posts
3876 upvotes
torontotim wrote: I've been on this for 2+ years and have barely set foot in the US since early 2020. No issues with 100% Canadian use for anyone concerned.

I had a 2nd line for a few months and popped it into a hotspot for data at the cottage, but they finally nixed that so I cancelled the line. It's not for hotspot/tethering use.
You can hotspot from your own phone.

It's likely the non-phone IMEI exposed you. People have this issue with the unlimited $20 iPad plan lol
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1017 posts
473 upvotes
The Great North
So you have to use a US phone number?
Oct 26, 2020
7 posts
5 upvotes
Do people have issues with Canadian numbers calling US numbers? ie. is it longdistance for them?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1535 posts
3876 upvotes
DJB1234 wrote: Do people have issues with Canadian numbers calling US numbers? ie. is it longdistance for them?
If they call using cellular, then sure. Has not been an issue in the last few years personally.

WhatsApp, Duo, Facetime, Meet, Skype, literally any calling app works these days.

YMMV though, elderly people would likely call regardless.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1351 posts
827 upvotes
10 family members? They targeting cults?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9050 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
bilaliz wrote: 10 family members? They targeting cults?
If we start wearing sweatpants and nikes I'm out
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1402 posts
3270 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bilaliz wrote: 10 family members? They targeting cults?
Family groups are up to 5 lines. Between 6-10 are called business lines. Happy now?

I’m not kidding. Lol. That’s literally how AT&T classifies multiline groups.

For what it’s worth, you don’t need to have a registered business to have a Business multiline group. Just more lines. Upside-down Face
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1402 posts
3270 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
BlackXstar wrote: Hrmm, no 5G?
Did you see the image posted in OP?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1402 posts
3270 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
torontotim wrote: I've been on this for 2+ years and have barely set foot in the US since early 2020. No issues with 100% Canadian use for anyone concerned.

I had a member in my group pop their SIM into an actual modem and their SIM got tagged. They had to call and fight to get their bonus data reinstated.

So like the OP said, this likely happened because the network detected your SIM as a disallowed user agent (modem hotspot, etc,.).

@DeltaSingh good find on the Walmart plan, can’t wait to drive out to Bellingham to upgrade to the 25GB plan from the 8+8GB plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2456 posts
2559 upvotes
DJB1234 wrote: Do people have issues with Canadian numbers calling US numbers? ie. is it longdistance for them?
They have to call you from their US number, then you wil not incur long distance charges.

I have a friend with a US number, that lives 15 mins from me, I called it and spoke for like 30-40 mins. When I got my Koodo bill, I saw a long distance charge of about $30!! I was kinda mad about it.

Called customer service and tried to plead ignorance about it, but they wouldn't budge. I had to eat the cost.

Remember this:

They call you from a long distance area code = no charge for you
Dec 8, 2014
12 posts
11 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
At&t will restrict this plan sometime soon in the future and then you're screwed
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2112 posts
1252 upvotes
Burnaby
couponhelper121 wrote: At&t will restrict this plan sometime soon in the future and then you're screwed
Why is anyone screwed? Not easy to cancel?
Jul 10, 2018
106 posts
145 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: Why is anyone screwed? Not easy to cancel?
It's prepaid lol, so you don't pay the plan cancels. Not sure why the other guy thinks your gonna get locked in. Been on the plan for over a year works amazing in Ontario!
Jun 19, 2011
61 posts
26 upvotes
WATERLOO
How is everyone in a "family" pay for their bill?
do they pay them individually, or the leader of the group pay for all, and hoping everyone from the group would pay him/her back? Also the bill is paid in US dollars ,would everyone need to pay $30 to the leader including exchange fee or so
also if any member have to deal with customer service , can they deal with ATT directly or the still the family leader would need to be in charge
Last edited by alexdragon on Nov 27th, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.