Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] TCL 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner $0.02 ISPU AB,BC Only Limited Stock

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 9:16 am
Jul 27, 2016
258 posts
193 upvotes
SKYhigh75f wrote: There was also Irobot Roomba 801 vacuuming Robot for the same price. UPC number 88515501312
Any stock at Edmonton stores?
Jul 27, 2016
258 posts
193 upvotes
dealyou wrote: Lol how do you all find these error? Thanks
The stock database for Walmart is publicly available if you know where to find it and how to parse the data. I thought about trying to access it but I don’t have time to learn how. If you look at old RFD posts you can figure it out.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
popo2788 wrote: ok... so i was able to purchase it. but i got stopped by security guard. He wanted to check my receipt, and..... it's gone. I was so close to the exit, would have gotten away with it if wasn't for that meddling security guard. Goddammit !
Hmm, should have fought for it. I think once the transaction is done the item is legally yours to keep whatever the price error. Did you keep the receipt? They really violated your consumer rights.
If they didn't sell it to you at the registry that's another story, but they did.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
Why are you guys stopping to have them check your receipt ?
I'd just walk through. They have no right to do that unless they detain you for shoplifting, then they have to call the police. I've never been stopped yet, but if they try they better make sure I've stolen something or they'll be in some shit. I won't let them search me, they have no right to do that, only the LEO can. Next time they want to look at your bag, refuse and ask them to call the police if they'd like to see what's inside or bugger off.
Sep 19, 2012
464 posts
244 upvotes
Kitchener
dilligafeh wrote: Why are you guys stopping to have them check your receipt ?
I'd just walk through. They have no right to do that unless they detain you for shoplifting, then they have to call the police. I've never been stopped yet, but if they try they better make sure I've stolen something or they'll be in some shit. I won't let them search me, they have no right to do that, only the LEO can. Next time they want to look at your bag, refuse and ask them to call the police if they'd like to see what's inside or bugger off.
Lol my brother and I had an argument over X-mas holidays about "trusting" police and if you "haven't done anything wrong" then you have nothing to fear.

This is like a prime example of why I don't let security stop me. If they truly think I stole something then call the damned police lol.
Sep 18, 2018
71 posts
216 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: Why are you guys stopping to have them check your receipt ?
Do you do this at Costco?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3202 posts
1949 upvotes
GTA
popo2788 wrote: ok... so i was able to purchase it. but i got stopped by security guard. He wanted to check my receipt, and..... it's gone. I was so close to the exit, would have gotten away with it if wasn't for that meddling security guard. Goddammit !
Did you get a refund?
Apr 22, 2017
181 posts
142 upvotes
Manitoba
JoshD45753 wrote: Do you do this at Costco?
Costco is different - as part of your membership agreement you agree to have your receipt/stuff checked on the way out. There is no such agreement with Walmart or any other public store.
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Jun 16, 2019
400 posts
1164 upvotes
west as
seafish wrote: Hmm, should have fought for it. I think once the transaction is done the item is legally yours to keep whatever the price error. Did you keep the receipt? They really violated your consumer rights.
If they didn't sell it to you at the registry that's another story, but they did.
Indeed.
Should have told the security guard to pound sand. Their job is to stop theft. It was priced at $0.02 so they purchased it for $0.02. Legal transaction completed.

Interesting article on consumer rights and Walmart receipt/bag checking (that also references Costco receipt checking): https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmar ... -1.5355527
Last edited by Krrrong on Jan 14th, 2020 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
Costco is a membership only store and they have you agree to that search when you get the membership. But even there, you can refuse and ask for them to call the law in order to search you. Just don't expect to go back there again as you will be banned from all their stores I'd imagine. I don't bother showing my card when going in though ...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2191 posts
1756 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco is a membership, you agree to have your receipts checked when you sign up. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1195 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Once you have a receipt, it's legally yours. Tell them to call the cops and walk out, nothing they can do since you didn't steal it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
evanwier wrote: Costco is a membership, you agree to have your receipts checked when you sign up. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Eh...some folks are just too used to bending over whenver they're asked so when someone tells them they have rights , they tend to be arrogant and dismissive without taking a sec to think about it.
Aug 30, 2019
794 posts
625 upvotes
Brampton
If a store has implemented something to nab shop lifters we should all respect that otherwise we would be paying for the loss anyways. In this case if the IT at walmart did the mistake the security guy caught it as a second step price checker lol.
Last edited by brampton90 on Jan 14th, 2020 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 8, 2019
4 posts
7 upvotes
This isn't any better than stealing.You guys clearly can't afford an Air Conditioner. Get over yourselves.