Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

TCL 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner $0.02 ISPU AB,BC Only Limited Stock

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 9:16 am
Apr 28, 2010
478 posts
572 upvotes
Terrace
Weird, the status shows out of stock but the stock/inventory number shows a number larger than 0. Which one do I look at?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11765 upvotes
GTA
Mmagic888 wrote: I’ve been burned so many times with phantom stock, many times with 2+ stock and none to be found.
Not sure if it's true but a CSR told me that it can take up to 72 hours for stock levels to be updated. I tried to get Lindt chocolates at 75% off the other day, stock tracker showed 9 in stock but there wasn't any.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10492 posts
7625 upvotes
ON
heero78 wrote: Weird, the status shows out of stock but the stock/inventory number shows a number larger than 0. Which one do I look at?
As it was mentioned before, it could be phantom stock they have not written off their inventory yet. I wouldn't bother looking unless it's showing over 4-5 units depending on type of item.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Mmagic888 wrote: I’ve been burned so many times with phantom stock, many times with 2+ stock and none to be found.
Walmart's pretty bad with not getting stock onto the floor it seems.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
heero78 wrote: Weird, the status shows out of stock but the stock/inventory number shows a number larger than 0. Which one do I look at?
You can look at both, but neither of them are entirely accurate.
I feel like the status is changed to OutOfStock when the stock number is lower than some number (0, 1, 2 - who knows). Then numbers can be bumped up because of returns. They might also change status manually, I don't know.
Intentory systems are now not accurate in general, especially in big stores where it's hard to manage stock and it's often stolen, damaged or misplaced
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Also I know this comes up a lot, but the $0.02 pricing at Walmart isn't a mistake. They're intentionally using it for stuff that needs to be taken off the floor and not sold (for a variety of reasons, it seems) which is why the cashiers will take it if you try and go through the regular lines with a $0.02 item.

People here are obviously just significantly better and quicker at finding this stuff than most Walmart workers are at getting it off the floor.

Now the security guards actually not letting you leave with it after you've paid for it is another matter entirely.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
tew wrote: Not sure if it's true but a CSR told me that it can take up to 72 hours for stock levels to be updated. I tried to get Lindt chocolates at 75% off the other day, stock tracker showed 9 in stock but there wasn't any.
Stock numbers are updated at least every hour once you checkout item, I verified multiple times.
That CSR was reffering to status (like when you check online and it says Available or OutOfStock) where it can take days to update.
If you can't find something that shows stock then it's either mismanaged stock or it's somewhere at the back or hidden somewhere on shelves. As you imagine they don't count numbers for each and every item every day (or even every month or ever)
Apr 28, 2010
478 posts
572 upvotes
Terrace
seafish wrote: You can look at both, but neither of them are entirely accurate.
I feel like the status is changed to OutOfStock when the stock number is lower than some number (0, 1, 2 - who knows). Then numbers can be bumped up because of returns. They might also change status manually, I don't know.
Intentory systems are now not accurate in general, especially in big stores where it's hard to manage stock and it's often stolen, damaged or misplaced
dilligafeh wrote: As it was mentioned before, it could be phantom stock they have not written off their inventory yet. I wouldn't bother looking unless it's showing over 4-5 units depending on type of item.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1284 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
Has anyone successfully purchased this yet?
Apr 17, 2019
50 posts
10 upvotes
None available at Edmonton north store either. Another Asian guy turned up 5 mins after me and we both went back disappointed.
Jan 28, 2019
220 posts
1548 upvotes
Ontario
dealyou wrote: Lol how do you all find these error? Thanks
I went on stocktrack.ca and they had a list of popular items. This ac was one of them
Sep 20, 2019
42 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton
It's -34 in Edmonton, time to go shopping for a new air conditioner.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11765 upvotes
GTA
NAVNEETS069569 wrote: None available at Edmonton north store either. Another Asian guy turned up 5 mins after me and we both went back disappointed.
Is this the location that shows 7 units available?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
GB9797 wrote: I call your bluff on this. So what exactly did security say? "I dont believe this item is 2 cents so i cannot let you have it?"

I would have showed him the serial number on receipt then serial number on box and left right there and then call whoever you want later!
It happens. Happened to me a few weeks ago and posted about it
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2-cents- ... t-2342879/
Nov 25, 2019
221 posts
332 upvotes
I wish these things happened to me, seriously. Love it when they're in the wrong and try BS like this.

Go ahead and make my day, Security Guard.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
Maybe they have people monitor the self checkouts with security cameras/computers and communicate with the security guard if there's a possible problem?. Strange how the security guard out of the blue asked for the receipt.
Nov 17, 2010
364 posts
102 upvotes
Edmonton
popo2788 wrote: ok... so i was able to purchase it. but i got stopped by security guard. He wanted to check my receipt, and..... it's gone. I was so close to the exit, would have gotten away with it if wasn't for that meddling security guard. Goddammit !
Never been stop by anyone before except Costco. you must look like a xxxxxxx.
Jun 7, 2019
51 posts
60 upvotes
I would flash my RFD badge and arrest the security guard.
Jul 27, 2016
317 posts
224 upvotes
NAVNEETS069569 wrote: None available at Edmonton north store either. Another Asian guy turned up 5 mins after me and we both went back disappointed.
I thought it said Edmonton North too but it’s actually Edmonton Northwest. Did you check the 167ave/127st location or Northgate?

I just don’t want to waste a trip if you were at Northwest

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)