Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] TCL 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner $0.02 ISPU AB,BC Only Limited Stock

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 9:16 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2868 posts
2509 upvotes
Toronto, ON
5 pages on showing the security guard who's boss. Did anyone actually get the deal lol ? Very curious.
Mar 8, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
I’m confused, the stock tracker shows the item as OOS, but has between 1-3 units at several nearby stores. Is there a chance they may actually have them?
Dec 28, 2011
903 posts
543 upvotes
Montreal
Theft should not be tolerated and i do encourage store to find ways to deter it but it's up to them to find a way that does not treat every customer like a thief.
Plus I often hear that its employee theft that cost more to the stores than actual shop lifting.

No one has the right to search and detain you unless you have committed a crime and they have proof. (no eventually will probably have proof if they search you but if they actually saw you shoplifting something)

So when you see a receipt checker
Just gently say "no thank you" when they ask to see your receipt and WALK AWAY. (if you are an average white person without any tattoos they will never bother you, for the rest you will get a few "maaam" or "siir" as you walk away)

Don not start arguing or ask them to call the police

politely decline AND WALK AWAY with your property (wich stopped being store merchandise the moment money was exchanged). Would they accept that you inspect their cash registry and financial system to make sure the money you gave them was correctly reported in their financial statement and not stolen by a clerk?

If they have cause they will file a report with the police. If they have nothing and you wait for the police to show up, they WILL ask the police to ban you because if they called them for nothing they will get fined.

walk away they cannot search you and they cannot stop you unless they commit a crime against you and you have every right not to have your personnal posession searched by anyone.

If by any chance the cops happen to be in the area AND YOU ARE NOT in your car you do not have to answer to them either. IF YOU ARE DRIVING ANY KIND OF MOTOR VEHICLE YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF TO A COP

just ask if you are under arrest if not ask if you can go and on your way you go. Do not try to recreate the events with them UNLESS YOU HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY. If you want to agree to a search it's up to you at that point but if they did not put you under arrest they cannot keep you or search you. Pack your things AND LEAVE

Nothing can go your way from talking to a cop. Human being forget things or details you thought you remembered were not right specially when you are stressed and angry. They can send you to jail just for that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8371 posts
2237 upvotes
Mississauga
Many many years ago a customer of mine worked at Future Shop security division and he told me 85% of theft was employees.
Aug 7, 2019
250 posts
50 upvotes
ultimatum wrote: Theft should not be tolerated and i do encourage store to find ways to deter it but it's up to them to find a way that does not treat every customer like a thief.
Plus I often hear that its employee theft that cost more to the stores than actual shop lifting.

No one has the right to search and detain you unless you have committed a crime and they have proof. (no eventually will probably have proof if they search you but if they actually saw you shoplifting something)

So when you see a receipt checker
Just gently say "no thank you" when they ask to see your receipt and WALK AWAY. (if you are an average white person without any tattoos they will never bother you, for the rest you will get a few "maaam" or "siir" as you walk away)

Don not start arguing or ask them to call the police

politely decline AND WALK AWAY with your property (wich stopped being store merchandise the moment money was exchanged). Would they accept that you inspect their cash registry and financial system to make sure the money you gave them was correctly reported in their financial statement and not stolen by a clerk?

If they have cause they will file a report with the police. If they have nothing and you wait for the police to show up, they WILL ask the police to ban you because if they called them for nothing they will get fined.

walk away they cannot search you and they cannot stop you unless they commit a crime against you and you have every right not to have your personnal posession searched by anyone.

If by any chance the cops happen to be in the area AND YOU ARE NOT in your car you do not have to answer to them either. IF YOU ARE DRIVING ANY KIND OF MOTOR VEHICLE YOU ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF TO A COP

just ask if you are under arrest if not ask if you can go and on your way you go. Do not try to recreate the events with them UNLESS YOU HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY. If you want to agree to a search it's up to you at that point but if they did not put you under arrest they cannot keep you or search you. Pack your things AND LEAVE

Nothing can go your way from talking to a cop. Human being forget things or details you thought you remembered were not right specially when you are stressed and angry. They can send you to jail just for that.
Thanks for the advice. Do you have any sources/references on the part about security guards not having any authority to stop you? I prefer to confirm this before actually ignoring them and walkign away (if ever needed).
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
87 posts
106 upvotes
I couldn't be bothered to go to Walmart in the -35C weather today to look for an air conditioner that I don't need. But good luck to anyone who goes!
Dec 28, 2011
903 posts
543 upvotes
Montreal
DrDoomsday wrote: Thanks for the advice. Do you have any sources/references on the part about security guards not having any authority to stop you? I prefer to confirm this before actually ignoring them and walkign away (if ever needed).
8. Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure
CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Aug 7, 2019
250 posts
50 upvotes
I guess I was hoping for something more specific or any references to past court cases because the word "unreasonable" is a very loose one.
Dec 28, 2011
903 posts
543 upvotes
Montreal
DrDoomsday wrote: I guess I was hoping for something more specific or any references to past court cases because the word "unreasonable" is a very loose one.
Well just do what you are told then
Apr 18, 2017
133 posts
84 upvotes
Abbotsford
popo2788 wrote: ok... so i was able to purchase it. but i got stopped by security guard. He wanted to check my receipt, and..... it's gone. I was so close to the exit, would have gotten away with it if wasn't for that meddling security guard. Goddammit !
Which location?
Mar 23, 2010
378 posts
201 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: Thanks for the advice. Do you have any sources/references on the part about security guards not having any authority to stop you? I prefer to confirm this before actually ignoring them and walkign away (if ever needed).
What he said is true, they don't have the right to search you (unless its a membership like Costco). However they do have the right to ban you from the store. So just keep that in mind. Politely walking away like he suggested would avoid a confrontation and lessen those chances, but that is what they can do if they want.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
2143 posts
2057 upvotes
Vancouver
Store exit checkers or security guards can stop you if they personally witness you commit a crime, for example if they saw you swipe something from a shelf and then attempt to walk out without paying. Otherwise they cannot stop you for a random inspection or on unsupported suspicion unless you agree to comply.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1508 posts
982 upvotes
popo2788 wrote: ok... so i was able to purchase it. but i got stopped by security guard. He wanted to check my receipt, and..... it's gone. I was so close to the exit, would have gotten away with it if wasn't for that meddling security guard. Goddammit !
I would have argued with that guy. It's my property now if I purchased it, what right he got to stop me from taking my own property home?