Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] TCL 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner $0.02 ISPU AB,BC Only Limited Stock

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 9:16 am
Newbie
Jan 28, 2012
14 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
For a load of groceries, it’s understandable that they just glance at the receipt and quite possibly overlook some small pricing errors ...Hypothetically, If someone walked out with a $350 loaf of bread without noticing that the store mistakenly put the decimal place in the wrong spot, would the door greeter mention anything?
Newbie
Jun 23, 2010
69 posts
14 upvotes
The real purpose for the security guard looking at receipts isn't really to catch shoplifters. It is to try and keep the cashiers honest and stop them from giving their friends free stuff that they intentionally don't scan. If the cashiers knew that it wasn't being checked some would be tempted to skip scanning stuff.

I don't stop for the guards either, I just tell them politely "no thanks" when asked to show my receipt and keep walking, if they pressure me or follow me I ask them "are you detaining me against my will, or am I free to go?" This is a key word that they should recognize from their training, it also lets them know that you are aware of your rights.
Member
Aug 7, 2019
229 posts
44 upvotes
jmacd27 wrote: The real purpose for the security guard looking at receipts isn't really to catch shoplifters. It is to try and keep the cashiers honest and stop them from giving their friends free stuff that they intentionally don't scan. If the cashiers knew that it wasn't being checked some would be tempted to skip scanning stuff.

I don't stop for the guards either, I just tell them politely "no thanks" when asked to show my receipt and keep walking, if they pressure me or follow me I ask them "are you detaining me against my will, or am I free to go?" This is a key word that they should recognize from their training, it also lets them know that you are aware of your rights.
In that case, that sort or authority do security guards actually have (if any)? Are they just there to scare people?
Newbie
Oct 24, 2019
32 posts
20 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: Thanks for the advice. Do you have any sources/references on the part about security guards not having any authority to stop you? I prefer to confirm this before actually ignoring them and walkign away (if ever needed).
I worked as a security guard for about 2 years. Was told to never confront people. Just call the police or your supervisor.
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2010
683 posts
316 upvotes
North Battleford
Many stores show stock for tcl 10000btu window AC for 2 cents. Upc
81952202122
I had no luck actually finding one in-store.
Newbie
Dec 18, 2017
37 posts
7 upvotes
Is there a way to search walmart / stocktrack for items of a specific price range? eg. 2 cents?
Sr. Member
Jun 4, 2007
843 posts
400 upvotes
bland1 wrote: Is there a way to search walmart / stocktrack for items of a specific price range? eg. 2 cents?
No
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7975 posts
4186 upvotes
ON
DrDoomsday wrote: In that case, that sort or authority do security guards actually have (if any)? Are they just there to scare people?
They can do a citizen's arrest , and so can you...basically if they know you took something they will try to detain you until the LEOs arrive and sort the situation. If it is found you did not steal anything they will be in a world of trouble and can be charged with illegal confinement, assault(if they physically restrain you) etc. They will not try much beyond intimidation unless they are 100% sure you stole something. Beyond that they have no more powers than you do.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 25, 2018
643 posts
673 upvotes
pasiku wrote: For a load of groceries, it’s understandable that they just glance at the receipt and quite possibly overlook some small pricing errors ...Hypothetically, If someone walked out with a $350 loaf of bread without noticing that the store mistakenly put the decimal place in the wrong spot, would the door greeter mention anything?
*Loblaws heavy breathing*
Member
User avatar
Aug 29, 2018
452 posts
432 upvotes
Hey guys,


I grabbed this from the store and was walking out, security guard stopped me and wanted to see my receipt so I proceeded to uppercut him and ran out of the store. Not today Walmart. Not today
Last edited by BenzDude11 on Jan 16th, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1353 posts
870 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: Many stores show stock for tcl 10000btu window AC for 2 cents. Upc
81952202122
I had no luck actually finding one in-store.
You probably won't as there's a good chance the stock is in the backroom (since they are supposed to be taken off the floor at $0.02).
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2019
138 posts
71 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: Hey guys,


I grabbed this from the store and was walking out, security guard stopped me and wanted to see my receipt so I proceeded to uppercut him and ran out of the store. Not today Walmart. Not today
2 cents! where did you get it from?

Top