[Walmart] TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4k UHD HDR Roku - $218 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 2:33 pm
[OP]
Jan 7, 2019
66 posts
80 upvotes

[Walmart] TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4k UHD HDR Roku - $218 YMMV

Hi all - I was just at my local Walmart to pick up all these free digital prints we've all been getting lately, and noticed a couple of smoking TV deals!! I don't see this posted, if so apologies. Hoping to help the community out and fingers crossed your store close to you has this at this price! For those in Calgary, this was at Westbrook Mall - they had about 8 of these left.

Online price is $318. Happy hunting!! I think this is an ATL :)

Cheers

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=84604201214

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/tcl-43-cla ... 0199563102
Images
  • IMG_6107.jpg
Last edited by fizz215 on Dec 15th, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2312 posts
1848 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought one of these from Amazon a few weeks back to use as a monitor. Too bad it's all $318 around me or else I'd get one and return this one to Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2088 posts
137 upvotes
Chrno wrote: Bought one of these from Amazon a few weeks back to use as a monitor. Too bad it's all $318 around me or else I'd get one and return this one to Amazon.
How do you like it so far as a monitor? I am planning on doing the same - is there anything you have to change in the settings for the TV to work well as a monitor? Or anything on the computer? Sorry - pretty much a noob at this.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1949 posts
187 upvotes
I also purchased the same product (albeit the 55" version, still Series 4) and overall am happy with the purchase.

I'm not impressed with the HDR modes at all and the colours and greys seems "washed out" (even trying out some settings mentioned on Reddit or rtings).

I also tried the general picture settings mentioned on rtings and found that the colors are washed out and not to my liking. Personally, I tinkered it myself to the colour that I am used to on my phones and other monitors (that being colours being a bit sharper and saturated).

Taking all of that into consideration, the value is still hard to beat. As a 4k monitor, it is definitely "good enough" considering the price you are paying.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1435 posts
1105 upvotes
Surrey
addicted2it wrote: How do you like it so far as a monitor? I am planning on doing the same - is there anything you have to change in the settings for the TV to work well as a monitor? Or anything on the computer? Sorry - pretty much a noob at this.
Rn I’m doing the reverse. I’m using a 24” 1080p monitor that I got for free as a tv with my Firestick. I’ve been looking to upgrade to cheaper a larger tv, taking not much space tho. Anyone have any ideas?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2312 posts
1848 upvotes
Ottawa
addicted2it wrote: How do you like it so far as a monitor? I am planning on doing the same - is there anything you have to change in the settings for the TV to work well as a monitor? Or anything on the computer? Sorry - pretty much a noob at this.
I came from a dual monitor setup (29 LG ultrawide + 23 dell ultrasharp). I wouldn't go back to that. For my uses, I prefer the large single screen. I work from home so I have my remote desktop on the bottom half of the screen while I can work on my local machine at the same time with the screen space at the top half. Foot print wise, it actually uses less desk space than my old setup.

For TV as monitor setup to work, you need to make sure the TV has chroma 4:4:4 compatibility and your video card needs to be able to output chroma 4:4:4. Your HDMI cable needs to be at least HDMI 2.0.
For this particular tv, the TV input needs to be set to PC, and the HDMI port needs to be changed from Auto to HDMI 2.0.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1818 posts
854 upvotes
Home
$318 across the board 'round here, $218 would be sweet.
Sep 4, 2014
652 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chrno wrote: I came from a dual monitor setup (29 LG ultrawide + 23 dell ultrasharp). I wouldn't go back to that. For my uses, I prefer the large single screen. I work from home so I have my remote desktop on the bottom half of the screen while I can work on my local machine at the same time with the screen space at the top half. Foot print wise, it actually uses less desk space than my old setup.

For TV as monitor setup to work, you need to make sure the TV has chroma 4:4:4 compatibility and your video card needs to be able to output chroma 4:4:4. Your HDMI cable needs to be at least HDMI 2.0.
For this particular tv, the TV input needs to be set to PC, and the HDMI port needs to be changed from Auto to HDMI 2.0.
Also came from an ultra wide. 4k = 4 ~21" monitors. Honestly it's perfect for productivity and tv/movie or both at the same time! Never going back to anything smaller.
Like other's said just make sure you can do 4:4:4
[OP]
Jan 7, 2019
66 posts
80 upvotes
ah too bad! was hoping others would be able to score in other areas - I'm sure there will be more deals coming :)
Mar 16, 2011
734 posts
173 upvotes
318 in the GTA/York Region area, but thanked anyways. If they go to 218 here I'm getting it for my basement home gym I'm renovating :)
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: Rn I’m doing the reverse. I’m using a 24” 1080p monitor that I got for free as a tv with my Firestick. I’ve been looking to upgrade to cheaper a larger tv, taking not much space tho. Anyone have any ideas?
For that price buy two,
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Sep 5, 2019
4 posts
2 upvotes
Chrno wrote: I came from a dual monitor setup (29 LG ultrawide + 23 dell ultrasharp). I wouldn't go back to that. For my uses, I prefer the large single screen. I work from home so I have my remote desktop on the bottom half of the screen while I can work on my local machine at the same time with the screen space at the top half. Foot print wise, it actually uses less desk space than my old setup.

Can you expand on your setup?

I can't seem to grasp how one monitor/tv can display outputs from two machines at the same time?

Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7345 posts
452 upvotes
Port Moody
if this was an Android based 43" I would jump on it but Roku no thanks. Son wants ability to install Stremio and vpn on tv which I would agree, decent deal if you don't want that though it is hot at $218 if you can find
Nov 24, 2018
596 posts
612 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Cisco KId wrote: if this was an Android based 43" I would jump on it but Roku no thanks. Son wants ability to install Stremio and vpn on tv which I would agree, decent deal if you don't want that though it is hot at $218 if you can find
That's right. I love google tv, much flexible. However I believe the internal memory is very small, as well the usb port is limited for expansion.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Jan 9, 2012
191 posts
158 upvotes
Brampton
Cisco KId wrote: if this was an Android based 43" I would jump on it but Roku no thanks. Son wants ability to install Stremio and vpn on tv which I would agree, decent deal if you don't want that though it is hot at $218 if you can find
Just get a fire stick or Google Chromecast, even at $250 (with Chromecast/fire stick) it's still a good deal