Hot Deals

Walmart

TCL 55" 5-Series 4K UHD Dolby Vision HDR QLED Roku Smart TV $399. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2021 11:34 pm
Thread Summary
If you're upgrading your setup, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
109 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21263 posts
6935 upvotes
Nice price if you can find one. Getting tired of phantom stock with Walmart these days. Waiting for the Android TV OS TCL that are supposed to be out. Thanks...
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
DougO wrote: Nice price if you can find one. Getting tired of phantom stock with Walmart these days. Waiting for the Android TV OS TCL that are supposed to be out. Thanks...
Is it really phantom stock though? I live in a small town and get a lot of these ymmv walmart deals and it's never phantom stock... It's always the associates too lazy to go check the back or actually look. I've had employees tell me like 10 times stuff was out of stock and when i ask a person who i know will look, every single time they've found it in the back. I think most cases it's just lazy employees. My 350 dollar 75" hisense tvs were all "out of stock" until i made a manager actually go look
Nov 30, 2011
141 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Is this the cheapest 120 hz tv when at that sale price? Also yea, not seeing it on sale
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3004 posts
128 upvotes
Mtl
This isnt 120hz. Its a 60hz tv.
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..
Feb 7, 2019
134 posts
76 upvotes
Calgary
proxdox wrote: Is this the cheapest 120 hz tv when at that sale price? Also yea, not seeing it on sale
5 series is 60hz panel. If you prefer 120hz panel you’ll need TCL 6 series
Jun 10, 2020
687 posts
670 upvotes
proxdox wrote: Is this the cheapest 120 hz tv when at that sale price? Also yea, not seeing it on sale
A true 120Hz 4K under $500? ... hahaha, sorry, but never. It's 120hz CMI, or fake (60 Hz plus an inserted black frame).

Probably on the better looking end of 60hz tv's though and may be good value for you, just have to decide, but not true 120Hz.
Last edited by DasHip on Oct 16th, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 9, 2019
571 posts
2202 upvotes
I got this TV for $499 from Costco and it's picture quality is miles better than my LG TV which costed twice, local dimming zones (blacks are pitch black) and slim bezel sleek design are stand out features.
Jul 9, 2019
571 posts
2202 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote: This isnt 120hz. Its a 60hz tv.
It isn't a native 120Hz panel but it has that true motion feature which I disable first thing on any TV. Other than watching sports or games, I absolutely hate this. By default it's on and makes everything look weird. I prefer to watch my content at native 24 or 30Hz.
May 9, 2020
170 posts
534 upvotes
I’ve heard TCL customer service is non existent, so I’d rather wait till BF and get something from costco
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
Cronos647 wrote: I’ve heard TCL customer service is non existent, so I’d rather wait till BF and get something from costco
My brothers tcl had handshake issues on xbox sometimes and they just sent him a cheque for the cost of the tv without even asking for proof or returning the tv or anything. Not sure customer service gets much better tbh
Oct 7, 2017
850 posts
1377 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: My brothers tcl had handshake issues on xbox sometimes and they just sent him a cheque for the cost of the tv without even asking for proof or returning the tv or anything. Not sure customer service gets much better tbh
That seems pretty anecdotal. Maybe they've gotten better, but they definitely had a reputation of being hard to get in-touch with to deal with issues. I don't think that model of just sending cheques for problems is sustainable. No idea if they have long term plans or are just winging it.

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 16th, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/leave politics in OT
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4318 posts
2343 upvotes
Early Black Friday price if you can actually find one.
Nov 30, 2012
797 posts
766 upvotes
MONTR
One thing I noticed is that store track's title is for the 50 inch , and it directly leads to the 55 inch on the walmarts website.

I know walmart does not price match anymore. But will walmart accept other walmarts prices on this product ?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21263 posts
6935 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: Is it really phantom stock though? I live in a small town and get a lot of these ymmv walmart deals and it's never phantom stock... It's always the associates too lazy to go check the back or actually look. I've had employees tell me like 10 times stuff was out of stock and when i ask a person who i know will look, every single time they've found it in the back. I think most cases it's just lazy employees. My 350 dollar 75" hisense tvs were all "out of stock" until i made a manager actually go look
Was at my local a few days ago looking for the $49 Google camera. They could only find one that scanned at $129. The one that is supposed to be on clearance they thought might be the demo unit which they would not sell to me. I checked for TVs a couple weeks ago at another store that had them listed. Nope. Nothing on the floor and nothing in the back room. That being said, I had employees look for a monitor that was on sale at Staples a few weeks back without result. Came back the next day and had the manager look. He found it in under 5 minutes. The Sharp 50" $195 TVs we got last year were right on the sales floor, so I grabbed 2 and bought them. It's pretty hit or miss with stuff though and many times things say they are OOS but there is 1 unit still available. Going to go looking again today. Wish me luck...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21758 posts
26320 upvotes
$3 for a TCL 75" TV.

0.63 units left.

Walmart Supercentre Pluto.

I wish you folks the best, but I bow out of most Need for Speed Walmart race situations unless the stock and proximity are reasonable.

@seafish is still a mensch, but his apostles are sometimes a bit much.

God bless, gents.
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
redflagdealsguy wrote: $3 for a TCL 75" TV.

0.63 units left.

Walmart Supercentre Pluto.

I wish you folks the best, but I bow out of most Need for Speed Walmart race situations unless the stock and proximity are reasonable.

@seafish is still a mensch, but his apostles are sometimes a bit much.

God bless, gents.
Grabbed 3 thanks bro!!
Jul 15, 2018
896 posts
1330 upvotes
Rob fords basement
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: That seems pretty anecdotal. Maybe they've gotten better, but they definitely had a reputation of being hard to get in-touch with to deal with issues. I don't think that model of just sending cheques for problems is sustainable. No idea if they have long term plans or are just winging it.

[...]
That's true bro, not entirely sure they would do that for everyone i was just impressed
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 16th, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Aug 26, 2014
186 posts
154 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks OP, now there is only one left at Southdale for 399, I hit Regent first as Stock track showed they had 11 and Walmart .ca said they had some in stock, Regent had zero in stock. I also extended the warranty for an additional 3 years for $50 as walmart uses the the same warranty provider that Costco uses.