Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Tiger JBV-A 10 Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer and Slow Cooker $80

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2021 2:16 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1888 posts
1266 upvotes
Laval, QC

[Walmart] Tiger JBV-A 10 Cup Micom Rice Cooker with Food Steamer and Slow Cooker $80

Looks a good deal for a 10 cup rice cooker, reviews are good as well
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2033 posts
722 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Good deal for a Tiger !
Dec 24, 2010
485 posts
289 upvotes
Great deal. Tiger's pretty reliable too.

In b4 the "I can cook perfect rice with an aluminum foil and an iron, what makes this SOOOOO much better" crowd
Feb 5, 2013
249 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Disappointed Face I need to order a new inner pot for my Tiger rice cooker but this is cheaper than buying the pot... OrientDepot is charging $110 for it + shipping.

Anyone have recommendations on where to get parts at a cheaper rate?
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Oct 17, 2017
41 posts
41 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
OOS... been watching rice cooker deals for a year and yet again too late to the party
Apr 1, 2011
215 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
If budget allows go with Zujirushi. I once bought Tiger but decided to return it as soon as I opened the box.

Tiger doesn't seem to deliver the quality I expected from Japanese products IMO
Nov 7, 2008
448 posts
177 upvotes
Vancouver
siruiguo wrote: If budget allows go with Zujirushi. I once bought Tiger but decided to return it as soon as I opened the box.

What was the problem?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5691 posts
3787 upvotes
M-Arkham
siruiguo wrote: If budget allows go with Zujirushi. I once bought Tiger but decided to return it as soon as I opened the box.

Probably cuz tiger been outsourcing a lot of its Rice cooker production to China while zojirushi Rice cookers r still made in Japan.

My mom's made in Japan zojirushi Rice cooker she got in Asia is probably as old as I am n still working. The running joke in the family is that it's gonna become an heirloom n outlive several generations of this family.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Apr 1, 2011
215 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Zerosystem wrote: What was the problem?
Don't get me wrong. It's a decent brand and much better than those north american small appliance brands but its just not top notch if you want the best of its kind. From what I remember, the inner pot feels really light and the plastic smell is strong when I opened the cooker.

I then spent $350 on the Zujirushi Induction Rice Cooker. The inner pot is much thicker. The rice and congee tastes just AMAZING!
Apr 1, 2011
215 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Brewmeanie wrote: Probably cuz tiger been outsourcing a lot of its Rice cooker production to China while zojirushi Rice cookers r still made in Japan.

My mom's made in Japan zojirushi Rice cooker she got in Asia is probably as old as I am n still working. The running joke in the family is that it's gonna become an heirloom n outlive several generations of this family.
Well I wouldn't say made in china is the problem. Its the price point - Tiger has decided to become a mainstream brand with mass production that is half the price vs. Zujirushi. Who doesn't want to outsource their production to China if you are a mainstream brand? There are already lots of manufacture and technology resources available there that are shared by the entire world.