Hot Deals

[Walmart] Tiger JBV-S Series Micom Rice Cooker With Tacook Cooking Plate (10 Cups) - $49 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 4:27 pm
[OP]
Aug 7, 2001
654 posts
88 upvotes

[Walmart] Tiger JBV-S Series Micom Rice Cooker With Tacook Cooking Plate (10 Cups) - $49 YMMV

I came across the Tiger JBV-S Micom rice cooker with Tacook (10 cups) at my local Walmart on clearance for $49 (regular price $169.88): https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000196639456

Here are some of the key points:

-Made in Japan
-Micom controller
-Various cooking modes: plain rice, porridge, mixed rice, sweet rice, brown rice, and more
-Timer functionality for delayed cooking (e.g. put in the rice and water in the morning but have it start cooking at 5 PM)

Stocktrack.ca shows pretty limited availability across the country with this clearance price: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=78583003677

As usual, stocktrack.ca is pretty accurate with respects to number of items physically in the store, but the item could be sequestered in the back.

There was a similar-looking product at Costco in November 2018 that had it for $139.97: costco-tiger-4-1-rice-cooker-made-japan ... t-2242618/

I personally have no experience with this model as I already have the well-RFD-reviewed Zojirushi NCC-ZC18, but for this price, if I needed a rice cooker, it would be a no-brainer for me.
10 replies
Aug 28, 2015
2 posts
Mississauga, ON
I called a bunch of locations where stocktrack said there was inventory and basically every employee said it was out of stock
[OP]
Aug 7, 2001
654 posts
88 upvotes
I spotted 3 on the shelf at my local Walmart (Northern Ontario) which corresponds with stocktrack.ca.

It's possible that it hasn't taken into account theft or otherwise damaged stock.

I don't recommend people going into stores specifically to look for this, but if you're going anyway for essential supplies, might as well have a look.
Jul 29, 2006
49 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
This is a good deal. Thanks OP.

Re Stock tracker, my Walmart shows 2 on hand and also reports out of stock. What does that mean?
[OP]
Aug 7, 2001
654 posts
88 upvotes
congo wrote: This is a good deal. Thanks OP.

Re Stock tracker, my Walmart shows 2 on hand and also reports out of stock. What does that mean?
I think anything less than 5 will say "out of stock". There's another threshold where it will say "limited supply" (maybe 6-10?).

If it says 2, it could be a glitch (sequestered inventory in the back, stolen items not adjusted for in the stock system), but theoretically there should be 2 of them somewhere within the four walls of the building.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3028 posts
1061 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I wonder if WM will price match between stores (especially if it shows phantom stock at a lower price at one store).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8409 posts
6247 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
singhg9 wrote: I called a bunch of locations where stocktrack said there was inventory and basically every employee said it was out of stock
If you call them, they basically read the same information as stocktrack and will tell you it's out of stock.
Unfortunately you'll have to visit the stores and hunt for it.
[OP]
Aug 7, 2001
654 posts
88 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: Thanks OP. I wonder if WM will price match between stores (especially if it shows phantom stock at a lower price at one store).
In my experience, they will not price match other Walmart stores. Not really sure why, since they're willing to match competitors' pricing, but the couple of times I've asked, the answer has always been "no".
Jul 29, 2006
49 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
Dang, found the 2 at my Walmart and they are back at 169.