Nov 12, 2020
8 posts
20 upvotes

[Walmart] Tile Mate 1 Pack - 9$ / 4 Pack - 29$

26 replies
May 14, 2006
127 posts
41 upvotes
Just an fyi - the reviews for the 4-pack say that these are the old-generation ones, with a non-replaceable battery, contrary to what it says in the description.
Jun 12, 2017
423 posts
457 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
frenk927 wrote: what is the use cases ?
To track your wife when she takes an extra session with her personal trainer Winking Face
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18897 posts
27204 upvotes
ONTARIO
frenk927 wrote: what is the use cases ?
Put one on your key ring so you can find them if you misplace your keys. Also works vice versa as well. If you misplace your phone but have your tile (and both are still within range), you can double tap the button on the tile to make your phone ring.

I bought one for my mom to use with her keys a couple years ago for $20. This $9 price is pretty nice considering it's the replaceable battery model! Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2414 posts
346 upvotes
walmart clearance items are final sale? looking at some reviews they are saying these are the older model that is not replaceable battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
1950 posts
3402 upvotes
Toronto
Been using their products for a couple of years now. Was able to find my wallet a few times when I dropped it accidentally. Not to mention my bad habit of putting my keys in random places..

However, the biggest disappointment for me is that they always ask you to re-tile (replace) the current tile when there is still plenty of battery left. I was able to use the tile for another couple of months after they ask me to replace. I know they want you to spend money to get a new one, but that’s just too much. So I only replace it when it truly died. That means at some point, your tile is dead but you’re not aware of it. So youn just need to hope for the best that you notice your dead tile before you drop your wallet or keys
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9365 posts
4163 upvotes
Toronto
Tile is honestly the best thing to get for protection when you're too drunk or high and lose things
Sep 11, 2018
52 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks op!

Ordered 4 individual ones to get the free shipping. Only needed two but might use the others as gifts. Bought these for my family members last year and they’ve helped in finding keys a few times!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18897 posts
27204 upvotes
ONTARIO
LarryT778370 wrote: Been using their products for a couple of years now. Was able to find my wallet a few times when I dropped it accidentally. Not to mention my bad habit of putting my keys in random places..

However, the biggest disappointment for me is that they always ask you to re-tile (replace) the current tile when there is still plenty of battery left. I was able to use the tile for another couple of months after they ask me to replace. I know they want you to spend money to get a new one, but that’s just too much. So I only replace it when it truly died. That means at some point, your tile is dead but you’re not aware of it. So youn just need to hope for the best that you notice your dead tile before you drop your wallet or keys
Sounds like you have the old version. The newer ones (the one for $9 here) are built with the ability to replace the battery. They come with a CR2032 button cell that lasts about a year or so. After that, you can just buy your own CR2032 batteries and replace them as needed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8771 posts
1441 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought 5 (4+1) for free shipping.

So what’s the consensus? Is it replaceable battery or not? I may actually complain once I get it and it’s not replaceable.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1378 posts
169 upvotes
Damn OOS for singles. If anyone bought more just to hit free ship PM me if you don't want it
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1417 posts
212 upvotes
I don't know how true it is but the Walmart site shows 1 pack "Almost sold out" at Heartland Mississauga with a price of 2c. Happy hunting!
May 3, 2017
29 posts
9 upvotes
I got 6 of them before 2021 i paid 5$ each for 2 and later down 2020 i got 4 more for 3$ each i got 2 white then 2nd batch 2 white and 2 black refered as pro tile
May 3, 2017
29 posts
9 upvotes
cmackie wrote: I don't know how true it is but the Walmart site shows 1 pack "Almost sold out" at Heartland Mississauga with a price of 2c. Happy hunting!
That is like that since june 2020 but they dropped from 9 to 5 to 3 and now 0.02 and they put it back in early 2021 at the tittle price if they dint sell out in 2020
Nov 22, 2006
509 posts
388 upvotes
Got the 4-pack, hoping its the 2018 version with replaceable battery. The reviews are from 2 years ago and were posted on Walmart.com.

EDIT - Model # for the 4-pack is RT 13004. Found it on the Best Buy US website, which says they have a replaceable CR1632 battery. Fingers crossed.
Apr 4, 2017
806 posts
555 upvotes
tarheel_06 wrote: Got the 4-pack, hoping its the 2018 version with replaceable battery. The reviews are from 2 years ago and were posted on Walmart.com.

EDIT - Model # for the 4-pack is RT 13004. Found it on the Best Buy US website, which says they have a replaceable CR1632 battery. Fingers crossed.
Based on the Tile Mate item description on Amazon.ca, the newer 2020 version has a replaceable battery as well.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13758 posts
3775 upvotes
Scarberia
no back PRO tiles? i have that one.bought it for 40 bucks couple months ago...works with alexa and google voice, ymmv...works like 50% of the time, hit and miss

alexa ,'ask tile to find my keys'! google doesn't work , it says ' im ringing your keys in a male voice' but nothing happens smh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>