Tp-link smart wi-fi plug slim $3

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 12:26 am
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3660 posts
1477 upvotes
Toronto
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Thanks, OP!! Got lucky and snagged all 3 this morning from the Winnipeg Portage Walmart location. Initially, they weren't showing up on sale at all till the employee scanned it. I came up as $9. I showed them OP's receipt which they said they cannot match. They proceeded to call the manager to see if he could do anything which he said no. So I bought all 3 at $9 each. On my way out I figured I'd try one last time at Customer service to price match, and thankfully I did because without hesitation they adjusted the price to $3 each. I showed them OP's receipt and Stock track and that was it!! Image Image
Big RFD no no - showing staff Stocktrack!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7308 posts
7119 upvotes
Calgary
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Thanks, OP!! Got lucky and snagged all 3 this morning from the Winnipeg Portage Walmart location. Initially, they weren't showing up on sale at all till the employee scanned it. I came up as $9. I showed them OP's receipt which they said they cannot match. They proceeded to call the manager to see if he could do anything which he said no. So I bought all 3 at $9 each. On my way out I figured I'd try one last time at Customer service to price match, and thankfully I did because without hesitation they adjusted the price to $3 each. I showed them OP's receipt and Stock track and that was it!! Image Image
Thanks for showing them stocktrack. Do you even know what stocktrack is? Showing a manager too! Awesome .
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1011 posts
587 upvotes
Toronto
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Thanks, OP!! Got lucky and snagged all 3 this morning from the Winnipeg Portage Walmart location. Initially, they weren't showing up on sale at all till the employee scanned it. I came up as $9. I showed them OP's receipt which they said they cannot match. They proceeded to call the manager to see if he could do anything which he said no. So I bought all 3 at $9 each. On my way out I figured I'd try one last time at Customer service to price match, and thankfully I did because without hesitation they adjusted the price to $3 each. I showed them OP's receipt and Stock track and that was it!!
Can you test something and report back?

Once you've setup the plug and app, pull the smartplug out of the electrical socket. Then, plug it back in.

Does it automatically turn back on?
and/or
Can you turn it on using the app?

Biggest problem with smartplugs is that in the event of a power failure, once power has resumed, you have to physically turn them back on.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1037 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck_TO wrote: Can you test something and report back?

Once you've setup the plug and app, pull the smartplug out of the electrical socket. Then, plug it back in.

and/or

Biggest problem with smartplugs is that in the event of a power failure, once power has resumed, you have to physically turn them back on.
I have 2x HS105 and 2x HS100 models and it resumes after a power failure and no need to power on again.
rajojomanik
Apr 21, 2016
91 posts
101 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Thanks for showing them stocktrack. Do you even know what stocktrack is? Showing a manager too! Awesome .
Whatever gets the job done my friend!
Apr 21, 2016
91 posts
101 upvotes
GSD wrote: Big RFD no no - showing staff Stocktrack!
They saw it showed lower at other stores and it sealed the deal. Grinning Face
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7308 posts
7119 upvotes
Calgary
cablepromoguy1 wrote: They saw it showed lower at other stores and it sealed the deal. Grinning Face
SDM stopped access to the app permanently after they were shown the app.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3116 posts
1715 upvotes
cablepromoguy1 wrote: Whatever gets the job done my friend!
You're a S-class A-hole
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3866 posts
3300 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: Can you test something and report back?

and/or

yes and yes. no issues at all