Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6457 posts
1972 upvotes
Bought the last bottle at Erin Mills Town Centre. Let's see if this makes my car shine for longer.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14187 posts
5386 upvotes
Ottawa
stangri wrote: As per below, the irony was lost on some people...
I was just explaining why the middle section looks the way it does.

Once I showed how my waxed car beads water to a coworker once, and he actually said "Ewww, all those water droplets is ugly and will cause water spots when it dries". So I wouldn't put it past people to think that they prefer the middle section (unwaxed)
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14187 posts
5386 upvotes
Ottawa
fearex wrote: I see shops charging 400-800 for professional ceramic coating. That is on a different level than this spray and wipe stuff, right?

But if you are diligent about applying every 6 months, is this just as good?
yeah different level.

This stuff is good enough for most people. Gives some shine and protection, lasts for a couple of months at least, and easy to apply (an extra 10 minutes worth of effort) and has the same overall effect.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jun 18, 2005
273 posts
720 upvotes
bluesweater wrote: Does anyone have any idea what he is using for a water spray nozzle?
Is it from a pressure washer or does he just have really good water pressure?
Electric pressure washer with upgraded MTM Hydro SGS 28 spray gun and 3/8" Kobrajet hose w/ quick-connects.
Jul 27, 2014
458 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal, QC
warpdrive wrote: yeah different level.

This stuff is good enough for most people. Gives some shine and protection, lasts for a couple of months at least, and easy to apply (an extra 10 minutes worth of effort) and has the same overall effect.
Alright, thanks! I'm getting my Model 3 partial PPFd next week and I wasn't sure if I should go for ceramic while I'm at it. I'll just use give it a good wash, clay bar, and this stuff instead.
May 12, 2019
243 posts
309 upvotes
kev604 wrote: I wouldn't recommend pressure washing or power washing your car. Power washing sidewalk yes but the paint on your car no. Why because hitting the dirt on your car against your paint with high pressure can cause scratching and marring.
This is only true if you do not soak your car in soap beforehand. If you hit it with foamy soap, the dirt will be agitated enough to come off easy and provides enough lubricant to prevent scratches.
May 12, 2019
243 posts
309 upvotes
leif20 wrote: Ok, I understand a bit more now. The whole point of wax or sealant or coating is to put a layer between the paint and the dirt/grime to prevent it from embedding or damaging the clear.

What makes the ceramic self-cleaning? How can some of these sealants/coatings allow the paint to be self-cleaning for longer than others?

How could one tell whether the TWHCS is still acting like a ceramic coating, how can you tell how long it lasts?
You are what makes it "self-cleaning" when you turn on the garden hose on a Sunday afternoon and spray the car with water. It's called "self cleaning" (which is 100% marketing and taking the piss) because Ceramic coating basically is slick enough to prevent things from sticking to it as much as they would on raw normal clear coat. The length of "self cleaning" is how durable/resistant the chemical is to soaps, degreasers,UV,rain, etc.

You can't really ascertain 100% as to how much of the ceramic coating is left on your car. The best would be to see how water beads. A professional detailer generally determines it by seeing how easily they can polish the paint during paint correction. It can sometimes be a real pain when you're trying to polish paint that has been ceramic coated. A paint depthness gauge can't even tell you either.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2216 posts
1691 upvotes
Montreal, QC
raver4444 wrote: Sam price here but you need 50-60$ for free shipping

https://carzilla.ca/products/turtle-wax ... 19fc&_ss=r
True, but @ $5 for shipping, it is cheap. And being in QC, buying 2 bottles from carzilla, is still cheaper than (even paying shipping) than driving to walmart which shows low stock pretty much every location.
Carzilla only charges GST for QC (so you save nearly 10% on PST). Use coupon "RADGARAGE" or "MFRESH" for 5% discount, and overall, even for $5 shipping (which is well below cost surely), you are still ahead of the game. Not to mention that you are supporting a smaller company that has always been there to give honest opinions and help to thier customer.
Everytime I go online to carzilla, I plan on buying 1 item, and then I add all sorts (Menzerna SF Polish 3500 , Iron remover, a pad or two, etc..). Menzerna is in my cart right now, but they just went out of stock on the hybrid ceramic spray. So I'll wait till it's back in stock.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13955 posts
3248 upvotes
Is this good claybar?

I dont know why it is cheaper than CT or Amazon where they r selling btw $36 and $42
Images
  • 70D52467-E1D5-4C93-A6AA-821D0C730647.jpeg
  • BDFC5705-79CE-471D-8C55-CC1117CA5902.jpeg
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1403 posts
847 upvotes
Markham
Even tho it is a very slick surface when freshly applied, dirt does stick on the car to some degree, especially the bottom section behind the wheels.
But boy that shine is just amazing, like a mirror.

Did mine 2 months ago and its already not as slick as used to be. So definitely wont last 6 months. I am thinking reapplying every 3 months.
Given it is so easy to apply, I rather do 1 coat every 2-3 months then double coat and hope it lasts 6 months (maybe in Oct/Nov I will do 2 coats and hope it last thru the winter)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9943 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
True test try it on your shower wall
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2293 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: Is this good claybar?

I dont know why it is cheaper than CT or Amazon where they r selling btw $36 and $42
That's what I use, great stuff. Is that at Walmart? How much is it?
Dec 2, 2007
183 posts
25 upvotes
Regina
Has anyone applied this ceramic spray when car is outdoors? Obviously best indoors where no dust or dirt of any kind. What's your experience?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2187 posts
1693 upvotes
Markham
colezy9 wrote: Has anyone applied this ceramic spray when car is outdoors? Obviously best indoors where no dust or dirt of any kind. What's your experience?
I haven’t used this product but have used similar. Outdoors is fine so long as the car surface isn’t hot, ideally, an overcast day with paint cool to the touch is best. You don’t want this drying before you can wipe off.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)