Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 3:01 pm
Dec 25, 2004
811 posts
142 upvotes
OutOfSt0ck wrote: 1993 cavalier
I had a Cavalier Z24 at Laurier in 1993... good times and back then it was a fast car. By the end it was worth less than the ceramic spray lol but fond memories!
Jun 12, 2020
97 posts
132 upvotes
I use ceramic spray on my toilet bowl. Turn off the water valve, flush, spray. Keeps it cleaner 2x longer.
Nov 8, 2013
391 posts
216 upvotes
441278904 wrote: I use ceramic spray on my toilet bowl. Turn off the water valve, flush, spray. Keeps it cleaner 2x longer.
Now that's tempting me to try it on my tub, that thing gets dirty quick
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4430 posts
23095 upvotes
Montreal
GNKRFD wrote: Now that's tempting me to try it on my tub, that thing gets dirty quick
I use a cheap car wax in the shower glass. For the same reason - keeps it cleaner longer.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2701 posts
782 upvotes
Vaughan
Just successfully PMd at Canadian Tire, as most WMs are sold out.

Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13973 posts
3257 upvotes
kiasu wrote: but aren't u afraid the claybar will pick up dirt and scratch your paint?
I am planning to get the Carpro Iron X..but I would like to know when to apply the iron remover? like first wash before with foam gun?
1. clean wheels and tires (wash mitt)
2. Carpro Iron X (Spray)
3. rinse car
4. foam gun (touchless)
5. sit for 2 minutes
6. rinse
7. foam gun and now with wash mitt (is it better to use wash mitt or microfibers?) or two-bucket wash
8. rinse

OR

Steps:
2. rinse car
3. foam gun (touchless)
4. sit for 2 minutes
5. rinse
6. Carpro Iron X (Spray)
7. rinse
8. foam gun and now with wash mitt (is it better to use wash mitt or microfibers?) or two-bucket wash
9. rinse
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 6, 2009
704 posts
169 upvotes
kev604 wrote: Half a bar is too small to work with IMO especially on a larger vehicle like a minivan I always use a whole bar. Also the clay bar can be Re-used a few times depending on how much crap it picks up.

This was the last time I clay bar my car just before this summer. Before that it was at least 6 months prior to my last clay bar and driven regularly through winter so I knew it was going to be bad but it was worse than I thought.
Are you not folding the clay as you go? I fold it after every section (maybe 2' square) to expose fresh clay, so as to not drag already removed contaminants back across the paint. Using the bar in your pic would definitely introduce swirls, but if you keep folding the clay it's much less of an issue, and fresh clay is also more aggressive.

This is what my clay bar would normally look like after 1 section before folding it.
Once the clay is done it will start to chunk off when folding it or streak easily and that's when I chuck it. 1/2 a bar is usually enough to get 1 car done before it reaches that point, but not always, and it also depends on which clay you're using.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1254 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
Citizen Bmac wrote: Are you not folding the clay as you go? I fold it after every section (maybe 2' square) to expose fresh clay, so as to not drag already removed contaminants back across the paint. Using the bar in your pic would definitely introduce swirls, but if you keep folding the clay it's much less of an issue, and fresh clay is also more aggressive.

This is what my clay bar would normally look like after 1 section before folding it.
Once the clay is done it will start to chunk off when folding it or streak easily and that's when I chuck it. 1/2 a bar is usually enough to get 1 car done before it reaches that point, but not always, and it also depends on which clay you're using.
I do small sections at a time and fold the clay regularly. I was doing a write up for a car forum so I wanted to show how much contaminants can accumulate even over a relatively short period of time. I made sure I had the surface well lubricated and followed it up with a proper polish.
Aug 23, 2005
434 posts
219 upvotes
Ontario
kiasu wrote: I am planning to get the Carpro Iron X..but I would like to know when to apply the iron remover? like first wash before with foam gun?
2. Carpro Iron X (Spray)
3. rinse car
4. foam gun (touchless)
5. sit for 2 minutes
6. rinse
7. foam gun and now with wash mitt (is it better to use wash mitt or microfibers?) or two-bucket wash
8. rinse

OR

Steps:
2. rinse car
3. foam gun (touchless)
4. sit for 2 minutes
5. rinse
6. Carpro Iron X (Spray)
7. rinse
8. foam gun and now with wash mitt (is it better to use wash mitt or microfibers?) or two-bucket wash
9. rinse
Use a separate mitt for your wheels and even preferably a separate bucket if you're doing bucket wash. Wash and dry car then Iron X. Rinse and dry. Then polish and wax.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2767 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
kev604 wrote: I've heard good things about Jetseal from all accounts it's a quality product. I've personally used Meguiars quik wax for many years as an after wash topper. My take on this is TW Ceramic Coating is going to give you almost as good maybe even better finish product and durability than Jetseal for much less work and effort that's why these Ceramic spray products are so attractive. With Meguires quik spray wax I found the initial finished product produced good gloss and good hydrophobic qualities but durability was a little lacking basically after a couple days of rain it was gone but thats not a knock on the product as this holds true for most spray detailer and spray wax products. I ended up switching to TW spray wax as my go to topper. It doesn't provide the very best gloss but for a spray wax type product it has some durability to it.
Used jet seal religiously before discovering TW ceramic. Never going back. With Jetseal, I got maybe a month of beading and not the "up to 12 months of protection" which was total BS imo. I am on my second month of tw ceramic spray and its still beading like I just put it on. Only benefit jet seals has over TW ceramic is that the gloss depth is a tiny bit better.
TW ceramic spray has a slicker finish so it won't attract as much dust, easier to apply and it last way longer. Best $20 i've spent in a while.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4962 posts
445 upvotes
Alright, so it rained last night and woke up to water on the car. Now that I look at it more, windshield has definitely lost its effectiveness (still beads a bit but definitely a lot worse than initial spray) but rest of car is still beading it seems. For reference, I sprayed 2 days in a row (only after a handwash, did not polish or clay) about 3 months ago and the car is parked outside. My car is also a sedan, so no rear wiper like a wagon/hatchback/van.
Feb 26, 2010
343 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
Can we stock up on this? Or does it go bad or separate after time?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

James Stonehenge