Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 7:30 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
AdeptZero wrote: Just picked 2 up. There's 4 left at the Walmart in Stoufville.

I couldn't find the TW anywhere so I got the Mothers CMX. It smelled a bit like dirty water while working with it for some reason but the results were pleasing.

I did a waterless wash, then clay bar, then polish, then Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray.
Images
  • 20200906_191722~2.jpg
  • 20200906_191842~2.jpg
  • 20200906_191912~2.jpg
Last edited by Pr0metheus on Sep 6th, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
submarine wrote: How important would you say clay bar and polish are? Planning on doing some cars tomorrow with this spray and I can see this being recommended a lot but Turtle Wax says its optional.
Clay bar is important because it removes contaminants from the paint surface leaving a clean contaminant free surface to work with. Polish is important because it removes any leftover residue like waxes leaving a fresh/bare surface for the spray coating to bond to. The cleaner your surface the better the spray coating will bond and provide more longevity.

Or else just wash your car and apply the spray coating on a contaminated surface with all sorts of leftover residue.

At the end of the day it's up to you how much time you want to put into it. The more you put into it the better your results.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
Pr0metheus wrote: I couldn't find the TW anywhere so I got the Mothers CMX. It smelled a bit like dirty water while working with it for some reason but the results were pleasing.
I was wondering so I checked Mother's also requires 24hr cure time before second coat same as TW.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
kev604 wrote: I was wondering so I checked Mother's also requires 24hr cure time before second coat same as TW.
That's right. Tomorrow it should rain here so I parked it in the garage so it can cure properly and I didn't waste my effort!
Jan 8, 2015
241 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MastaOogway wrote: 4 left at 799 Milner road location
Is this the 401 and Milner location? I was there earlier this week and they were out. Curious if they restocked...?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
wszeto wrote: Is this the 401 and Milner location? I was there earlier this week and they were out. Curious if they restocked...?
yes i think they restocked, not sure if they will have it tmr though
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
Sorry for the newb question: granted this spray makes the paint impressively gorgeous, but does it actually do anything to protect the paint?
Dec 19, 2011
53 posts
163 upvotes
Guelph
I’m not super into detailing like other people in the thread but I just simply washed and put a coat of this on and it’s great - the paint has more of a shine. It was cool to see my car completely beaded all of the water on a rainy day (I was able to compare it to the other cars in my driveway)
Oct 17, 2012
623 posts
999 upvotes
Quebec
bobor wrote: Sorry for the newb question: granted this spray makes the paint impressively gorgeous, but does it actually do anything to protect the paint?
It has UV protection
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2370 posts
1445 upvotes
Vancouver
bobor wrote: Sorry for the newb question: granted this spray makes the paint impressively gorgeous, but does it actually do anything to protect the paint?
Spray coating is a sealant a sealant provides a layer of protection over your paint/clearcoat protecting it from potentially harsh elements like heat in the summer or road salt in winter or whatever other crap that can get splashed or sprayed onto your car.
May 9, 2005
191 posts
43 upvotes
vancouver
Just performed a polish and wax on the leaf.. amazing, so slippery... will grab the spray coating and apply next week..
Images
  • leaf-after-polishnwax.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
Crappy photo, but went with Seal N Shine instead. Normally I use liquid mousse and then liquid wax. Not the same mirror shine but not as back breaking either. I'll see how long this holds up...probably similar to Opti-seal.
Images
  • amplified0ne_mazda3.jpg
Nov 25, 2014
816 posts
925 upvotes
submarine wrote: How important would you say clay bar and polish are? Planning on doing some cars tomorrow with this spray and I can see this being recommended a lot but Turtle Wax says its optional.
Clay bar is to get rid of imperfections that aren't flat, polish to get rid of swirls and scratches. Note if you start rubbing wax over water spots and imperfections you're damaging the clearcoat and making it harder to get rid of them. The wax isn't going to stick well either because it bonds with the clear coat, but you didn't get rid of the stuff in the way (contaminants or old wax)

You can go ahead and use the wax, but you won't get a brand new car mirror like shine without claybar + machine polish.
Nov 25, 2014
816 posts
925 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I am thinking to use Iron X too. Can i do Iron X on firs step , then rinse then only by your steps?
Iron X is a fast substitute for using a clay bar. If you have the time to machine polish a whole car, you have the time to clay bar. I would only use Iron X to clean wheels, but Meguire Ultimate Wheel Cleaner is far better for that

Watch some youtube video's on detailing cars to get proper methods down.
May 20, 2003
619 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve found success with Mother’s Speed Clay 2.0. Way easier than using clay bar but still need clay bar for hard to reach areas.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5736 upvotes
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Iron X is a fast substitute for using a clay bar. If you have the time to machine polish a whole car, you have the time to clay bar. I would only use Iron X to clean wheels, but Meguire Ultimate Wheel Cleaner is far better for that

Watch some youtube video's on detailing cars to get proper methods down.
I don't have the polish tool or machine..so I am not doing it...and I don't know which tools r better to get for polishing too
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
will this product have any affect on fingerprints / dust getting on car?
Licensed Full Service Realtor

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)