Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:33 pm
Jr. Member
Apr 1, 2015
111 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
stephroll wrote: For $15?
Yes, it was posted the other day and has been on the top page for awhile until it went out of stock...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1338 posts
1260 upvotes
I still use s&s from turtle wax. That stuff last forever. I believe this one gives a little bit more shine, but does not last as long as s&s.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14180 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
Bubblegum86 wrote: I still use s&s from turtle wax. That stuff last forever. I believe this one gives a little bit more shine, but does not last as long as s&s.
this stuff lasts as long or longer than SnS. Check out the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIWx6Uw6JP8
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
What's the difference between spray coating and polix & wax? Do I need both after I wash the car?
Member
Sep 1, 2015
385 posts
521 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: What's the difference between spray coating and polix & wax? Do I need both after I wash the car?
Honestly, the big main difference is laziness if you're thinking of protection. It is kind of apples to oranges. The spray coating is an easier to use product but it's just a light sealant coating with some si02 particles. It's literally just spray on, wipe with microfiber and maybe buff off if you have streaks. Can apply second coat after 24 hours. While the polish and wax is more labour intensive and requires you to use a foam pad or polisher and then circular motions etc. But I think unlike other wax, supposed to be buffed and wiped immediately before moving to next panel. It does say removes some fine swirls and oxidation so I think has some cutting ability to actually reduce some scratches and watermarks. Honestly you could probably use the polish and wax and then follow with the spray coating if you really wanted to go all out.

I do give Turtle Wax props for finally upgrading their lines to utilize the new developments in detailing and at affordable price points. Case in point. I bought two of the spray coating to test out.

Image

Image

At $14.97 it is a better cost alternative to Mothers and Meguiars and Chemical Guys or whatever major consumer level spray sealant/wax is out there. I do feel the size could be a bit bigger. I didn't like the viscosity of the wash and wax. Seems more suited for quick bucket washing. But doubt would foam at all in a foam gun or foam cannon. But I guess that's the point. I'd still purchase meguiars ultimate wash and wax over the Hybrid Solutions one though. But reality is, I have better products for after wash so I always go for the soaps that sud like crazy or have specific properties like stripping wax with citrus because I'm only really trying to get dirt off at that point rather than wash and forget and move on.
Last edited by Harold91 on Aug 30th, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Honestly, the big main difference is laziness if you're thinking of protection. It is kind of apples to oranges. The spray coating is an easier to use product but it's just a light sealant coating with some si02 particles. It's literally just spray on, wipe with microfiber and maybe buff off if you have streaks. Can apply second coat after 24 hours. While the polish and wax is more labour intensive and requires you to use a foam pad or polisher and then circular motions etc. But I think unlike other wax, supposed to be buffed and wiped immediately before moving to next panel. It does say removes some fine swirls and oxidation so I think has some cutting ability to actually reduce some scratches and watermarks. Honestly you could probably use the polish and wax and then follow with the spray coating if you really wanted to go all out.

I do give Turtle Wax props for finalmy upgrading their lines to utilize the new developments in detailing and at affordable price points. Case in point. I bought two of the spray coating to test out.

Image

Image

At $14.97 it is a better cost alternative to Mothers and Meguiars and Chemical Guys or whatever major consumer level spray sealant/wax is out there. I do feel the size could be a bit bigger. I didn't like the viscosity of the wash and wax. Seems more suited for quick bucket washing. But doubt would foam at all in a foam gun or foam cannon. But I guess that's the point. I'd still purchase meguiars ultimate wash and wax over the Hybrid Solutions one though. But reality is, I have better products for after wash so I always go for the soaps that sud like crazy or have specific properties like stripping wax with citrus because I'm only really trying to get dirt off at that point rather than wash and forget and move on.
I only have a Kia so I'm not going crazy about detailing. Basically just want a 1 all solution after I wash the car. Buy the wax or coating? And there's 2 polish and wax from your pictures?
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2006
766 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
just saw one of the neighbor using it, another one just finished washing his car....

Guess its was a car wash day.
Member
Sep 1, 2015
385 posts
521 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: I only have a Kia so I'm not going crazy about detailing. Basically just want a 1 all solution after I wash the car. Buy the wax or coating? And there's 2 polish and wax from your pictures?
I mean I just wrote what both products are and do. If you aren't crazy about detailing, get the ceramic spray coating then. In the photos, the left is their wash and wax. The middle is the coating and the right was polish and wax. Again, the polish and wax is like an all in one but requires more labor to do. Basically similar to waxing a car traditionally but you wipe off before moving to next panel rather than how you'd let a wax haze before removal. The thing about their polish and wax is that it seems to have a little cutting ability for removing light scratches in the clear coat etc. Probably utilizes more fillers and oils. But the spray coating will suffice if you just want some nice beading and shine after your wash.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: I mean I just wrote what both products are and do. If you aren't crazy about detailing, get the ceramic spray coating then. In the photos, the left is their wash and wax. The middle is the coating and the right was polish and wax. Again, the polish and wax is like an all in one but requires more labor to do. Basically similar to waxing a car traditionally but you wipe off before moving to next panel rather than how you'd let a wax haze before removal. The thing about their polish and wax is that it seems to have a little cutting ability for removing light scratches in the clear coat etc. Probably utilizes more fillers and oils. But the spray coating will suffice if you just want some nice beading and shine after your wash.
Wouldn't the cutting ability mean the clearcoat is slowly getting thinner and thinner, thus more prone to scratching?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2293 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: Wouldn't the cutting ability mean the clearcoat is slowly getting thinner and thinner, thus more prone to scratching?
It's not a compound so it won't really cut much. Also depends on what you use to polish, a foam DAP or a microfiber. Microfiber won't really cut.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13041 posts
3526 upvotes
RFD
Messerschmitt wrote: Wouldn't the cutting ability mean the clearcoat is slowly getting thinner and thinner, thus more prone to scratching?
I think what most people don't realize is that the majority of cut is not coming from the compound (or polish) chosen but rather from the choice of pad. The pad determines the level of cut.
Banned
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
What are the best microfibers for cars? And where they are the cheapest available? Amazon? Canadian Tire?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)