[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:33 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1686 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Is this better or the meguiar hybrid ceramic wax?
MechanicalMan64
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1254 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Is this better or the meguiar hybrid ceramic wax?
This. Nothing wrong with Meguiar's but TW better gloss better hydrophobic qualities and better durability IMHO.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1254 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
Henry626 wrote: I also have a similar issue but more like hair thick where uou can feel the bump if u run your finger nail over it, how can i fill these scratches?

I got these from automated car wash that uses plastic hair like material that spings and wips the car...never again automated wash.

TIA
Use a heavier compound rather than a finer polish. Don't let the price fool you Meguiars Ultimate Compound is a very good product for the weekend warrior. Its been mentioned here before so it is worth mentioning again car washes use recycled water in the whole soak and wash process only the rinse process they might use fresh water. Imagine taking a old dirty mop and slapping it and running it across your car that is basically what is happening with those old style car washes.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2119 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
No spray left at my local Walmart but picked up the polish & wax for $15. Reviews on this also seem to be good. Likely takes a bit more time to apply. Any comments on it vs. the spray?
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Stabilo7/RFD2.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1254 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
Stabilo7 wrote: No spray left at my local Walmart but picked up the polish & wax for $15. Reviews on this also seem to be good. Likely takes a bit more time to apply. Any comments on it vs. the spray?
Different type of product with different processes.

The spray coating is a sealant designed to be a top coat. For best results and longer durability using the spray coating you wash, clay bar, polish than apply the spray coating as your top coat you can even layer the spray coating meaning you can apply a wax on top of the spray coating if your OCD however this being RFD not a car forum most people here will just wash and apply the spray coating and call it a day.

The polish and wax is a 3 in 1 so the idea is that this will polish, seal and wax all in one application. For best results you should clay bar than apply the polish and wax but again this being RFD I suspect most people will go from wash straight to polish and wax. The benefit of the polish and wax is that it has fillers so any light scratches or light marring this product has the ability of filling in or correcting slight imperfections whereas the spray coating has no such properties.

As far as durability goes being the spray coating was designed with one purpose in mind it is going to be more durable than the 3 in 1.
Apr 8, 2011
184 posts
279 upvotes
Calgary
So I just washed my truck, clay barred, and applied this stuff and now it's raining. I see it's supposed to rain for next day or so. For the second application do you recommend repeating the whole process again when weather's better, or just re-apply after rain stops?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14192 posts
5389 upvotes
Ottawa
badbeerbreath wrote: So I just washed my truck, clay barred, and applied this stuff and now it's raining. I see it's supposed to rain for next day or so. For the second application do you recommend repeating the whole process again when weather's better, or just re-apply after rain stops?
just wash and reapply.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Aug 29, 2009
13 posts
2 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Just picked 2 up. There's 4 left at the Walmart in Stoufville.

Apr 8, 2011
184 posts
279 upvotes
Calgary
CaptianS wrote: Priced matched @CT just now
Can confirm. Did this as well. Walmart sold out everywhere in Calgary even though supposedly still some available at Deerfoot Meadows. There was none when I went.

I used Mother's Cali Gold clay bar first then this stuff. I honestly didn't see much diff after the clay bar, but wow, the clay bar really cleaned it up! I'm hoping the TW spray will add a good level of protection at least to it, as it sits in an extremely dusty construction site all day, every day.
Dec 24, 2011
356 posts
648 upvotes
NORTH, Canada
Any similar deals for this online? My local Walmart doesn’t have stock.
Oct 17, 2012
232 posts
163 upvotes
Quebec
RaiderX wrote: Any similar deals for this online? My local Walmart doesn’t have stock.
Carzila has it for 19.99$, ordered from them because OOS at my local WM too
Apr 14, 2013
346 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
AdeptZero wrote: Just picked 2 up. There's 4 left at the Walmart in Stoufville.

I actually couldn't find any Turtle Wax Ceramic at my locations, but Mothers Ceramic works well. I applied coats on Friday, and Saturday, turned out amazing.
Nov 25, 2014
406 posts
354 upvotes
bizzyseller wrote: Do you apply this stuff when the car is still wet? Or spray when the car is dry and clean?
Never let a car remain wet, hand dry it with a microfibre cloth out of sunlight and then spray on the wax. 24 hours later do another coating

Only do out of sunlight or at sunset/dawn
1. Presoak car
2. Soap
3. Wash off soap
4. Clay bar with lubricant
5. Rinse
6. Polish
7. Rinse
8. Spray wax
9. 2nd layer of wax 24 hours later

You only need to do this twice a year. Every other wash just rinse, soap, rinse, completely dry by hand and then 1 layer wax out of sunlight

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)