[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
bobor wrote: Sorry for the newb question: granted this spray makes the paint impressively gorgeous, but does it actually do anything to protect the paint?
Spray coating is a sealant a sealant provides a layer of protection over your paint/clearcoat protecting it from potentially harsh elements like heat in the summer or road salt in winter or whatever other crap that can get splashed or sprayed onto your car.
May 9, 2005
152 posts
17 upvotes
vancouver
Just performed a polish and wax on the leaf.. amazing, so slippery... will grab the spray coating and apply next week..
Images
  • leaf-after-polishnwax.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13129 posts
3584 upvotes
RFD
Lots of after photos in this thread with HDR exaggerating the effect. Non-HDR and no filter photos are welcome.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2199 posts
692 upvotes
Burnaby
Crappy photo, but went with Seal N Shine instead. Normally I use liquid mousse and then liquid wax. Not the same mirror shine but not as back breaking either. I'll see how long this holds up...probably similar to Opti-seal.
Images
  • amplified0ne_mazda3.jpg
Nov 25, 2014
436 posts
373 upvotes
submarine wrote: How important would you say clay bar and polish are? Planning on doing some cars tomorrow with this spray and I can see this being recommended a lot but Turtle Wax says its optional.
Clay bar is to get rid of imperfections that aren't flat, polish to get rid of swirls and scratches. Note if you start rubbing wax over water spots and imperfections you're damaging the clearcoat and making it harder to get rid of them. The wax isn't going to stick well either because it bonds with the clear coat, but you didn't get rid of the stuff in the way (contaminants or old wax)

You can go ahead and use the wax, but you won't get a brand new car mirror like shine without claybar + machine polish.
Nov 25, 2014
436 posts
373 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I am thinking to use Iron X too. Can i do Iron X on firs step , then rinse then only by your steps?
Iron X is a fast substitute for using a clay bar. If you have the time to machine polish a whole car, you have the time to clay bar. I would only use Iron X to clean wheels, but Meguire Ultimate Wheel Cleaner is far better for that

Watch some youtube video's on detailing cars to get proper methods down.
May 20, 2003
558 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve found success with Mother’s Speed Clay 2.0. Way easier than using clay bar but still need clay bar for hard to reach areas.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14180 posts
3328 upvotes
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Iron X is a fast substitute for using a clay bar. If you have the time to machine polish a whole car, you have the time to clay bar. I would only use Iron X to clean wheels, but Meguire Ultimate Wheel Cleaner is far better for that

Watch some youtube video's on detailing cars to get proper methods down.
I don't have the polish tool or machine..so I am not doing it...and I don't know which tools r better to get for polishing too
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2042 posts
1249 upvotes
YYZ
will this product have any affect on fingerprints / dust getting on car?
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14325 posts
5513 upvotes
Ottawa
radeonboy wrote: Lots of after photos in this thread with HDR exaggerating the effect. Non-HDR and no filter photos are welcome.
Could you really see the difference between two waxes if you had a nonprocessed photo?

I would like somebody to wax a single body panel with two different waxes and show that there is a visible difference in a photo.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 25, 2004
813 posts
147 upvotes
kiasu wrote: I don't have the polish tool or machine..so I am not doing it...and I don't know which tools r better to get for polishing too
You don’t have to do the clay/polisher stage, 99% of cars out there don’t. Now you won’t have slick paint to the touch but only a few of us do. Washing, and spray waxing by hand will already put you ahead of 95% of others and you’re car will look great. Iron X will melt away some of the contaminants. Try to spray it as a fine mist so it covers the maximum area (not a stream type spray). Focus on the front of your car, hood, front quarter panels, they pick up the worst of everything.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14180 posts
3328 upvotes
Toronto Gamblers wrote: You don’t have to do the clay/polisher stage, 99% of cars out there don’t. Now you won’t have slick paint to the touch but only a few of us do. Washing, and spray waxing by hand will already put you ahead of 95% of others and you’re car will look great. Iron X will melt away some of the contaminants. Try to spray it as a fine mist so it covers the maximum area (not a stream type spray). Focus on the front of your car, hood, front quarter panels, they pick up the worst of everything.
got it..thx...now...does anyone know where is the best price in GTA to get Iron X...I notice Amazon is much more expensive...
where do most RFDers ppl get Iron X?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9742 posts
4601 upvotes
kiasu wrote: got it..thx...now...does anyone know where is the best price in GTA to get Iron X...I notice Amazon is much more expensive...
where do most RFDers ppl get Iron X?
Carzilla, eshine
Telus $45 25GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)