[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:33 pm
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1402 posts
846 upvotes
Markham
rtookey wrote: Clean your vehicle, let it dry, spray 2 sprays per panel, and wipe off with a microfiber towel. No buffing required. Wait about 24 hours later, do another application.

Stuff is amazing. Can spray it on everything, glass, paint, wheels, plastic....
yeah I treat all my glass with it (windshield, door windows) and its amazing. Similar or better than RainX esp on the windshield in my mind. Do have to spread it evenly so no streaks (no diff from RainX anyway).
If your wipers are noisy cuz rubbing with the windshield, this will do the trick !
Nov 18, 2019
114 posts
48 upvotes
GTA
It's so good to hear there are alternatives to CarPro now...
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1380 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: what does the claybar do? what happen if I skip that step?
I find it works significantly better / last longer when the car is adequately prepped (decontaminated, clayed, or polished) prior to application.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13955 posts
3248 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: Claybars remove most, if not all, of the debris you accumulate from driving that get stuck in your paint... that a wash cannot remove.

If you don't remove it, and you buff the car, you can create paint streaks by moving these debris around the clearcoat.

You don't *have* to claybar, but any professional detail will include a claybar. If you're going to spent 20 bucks applying this stuff, you should go the extra mile.
jaynometry wrote: Then your paint won't feel smooth. The coatings you'll apply will stick to the embedded particles instead of the paint. Honestly, to me, I'd feel it's a wasted effort if you don't clay and just applied a coating or wax after you wash.
ok...great info..

so any claybar would b fine? like there is specific type or brand of claybar right?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 6, 2009
704 posts
169 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: any claybar is fine. Get one from Amazon. Just wet the claybar and run it around the paint lightly. don't apply much pressure. You can youtube it. Make sure the claybar stays wet with a soapy solution or claybar solution
I disagree with using just any claybar. Some are definitely more effective than others. I have used Riccardo Blue and Optimum Opti-clay for example and both of those did almost nothing. For easy availability, I like Mothers clay, and Mothers Speed Clay Mitt 2.0 is awesome in terms of speed, although I find I still need a bar for the most stubborn fallout. Meguiar's clay is not bad, but it streaks easier than Mothers.
Last edited by Citizen Bmac on Aug 18th, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13955 posts
3248 upvotes
my order is ready for pickup!!! so fast?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 2, 2014
453 posts
145 upvotes
Maple, ON
Amazing! Guys, it doesn't matter how expensive this is.... 10 bucks or 30 bucks.... if it lasts ~6 months, you're telling me you are gonna chimp out on decent paint protection over 30 bucks. You can't fork out 30 dollars for the supposed 6 months for a product. LOL
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13955 posts
3248 upvotes
Citizen Bmac wrote: I disagree with using just any claybar. Some are definitely more effective than others. I have used Riccardo Blue and Optimum Opti-clay for example and both of those did almost nothing. For easy availability, I like Mothers clay, and Mothers Speed Clay Mitt 2.0 is awesome in terms of speed, although I find I still need a bar for the most stubborn fallout. Meguiar's clay is not bad, but it streaks easier than Mothers.
thx...will search for that...so normally how long does it take someone to apply the clay on whole car?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8157 posts
2851 upvotes
Mississauga
zobi123 wrote: Ceramic is better. Confirmed from the creators of the product.

Ooooh, only 3 sprays for half the hood. I most definitely have been applying way too much product. Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 18, 2006
467 posts
45 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: Ceramic is better. Confirmed from the creators of the product.

There is a new formula of Seal and Shine that has been released.. may not be on shelves yet in Canada.
Casual Trader
Heatware: 3-0
BMWWW

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)