[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:33 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
boofi wrote: Walmart on Baseline in Ottawa had lots of stock left last night. I bought a bottle of the TW wash, polish and spray.

I've seen lots of conflicting advice and looking for a reasonable routine with not much maintenance as others, I don't have my own driveway or garage (park in a parking lot). :)
I just got a new car, car I wash, clay bar, wash, polish, wash and spray? After 24 hours, wash and spray again? Maybe wash every couple of weeks and top off with spray?
I agree with above, don't need to go overboard. Wash well, and spray wax. Repeat spray every 1 to 2 months.

Next spring, do IronX or Autoglym Magma (fallout remover). And then optionally do a Polish step as a base coat to help clean off the crap from the winter.

I didn't bother with claybar with my new car. I think it's overkill unless you are obsessed with your garage queen.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 26, 2003
298 posts
89 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks everyone! Lots of opinions and I'm new to this but I guess what people say you get as much as you put in. I'll give it a shot thanks guys!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
204 upvotes
Put my first coat on- do I need to wash again before the second coat 24 hours later?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1243 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
boofi wrote: Thanks everyone! Lots of opinions and I'm new to this but I guess what people say you get as much as you put in. I'll give it a shot thanks guys!
It's a new car. You paid how much? It's your call man you want to put in the effort to keep it looking sweet or you want to go half ass. When cars are transported by train or ship lots of crap buildup on the surface then it sits outdoors on a lot or holding yard for days to months and more contaminants buildup so again it's your call but if you ask me yeah you should absolutely clay bar and polish a new car I did with the last two new cars I bought wish I took a picture to show how much crap the clay bar removed.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
204 upvotes
TerenceWong wrote: Hand washed
Clay barred
Blow dried
Polish and waxed
Beer
off topic but love those times on the model 3 , can you tell me more about them? just got my model 3
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2447 posts
1000 upvotes
Burnaby
i ceramic coated and use this stuff to maintain it.
Jul 3, 2017
96 posts
89 upvotes
lindmar wrote: Put my first coat on- do I need to wash again before the second coat 24 hours later?
If you kept the car in the enclosed garage and not driven, no.
If left out or driven and has any layer of dust, etc, then, yes.

I used 1/2 bottle to coat full size suv, mid size sedan, and small sedan with two coats. Easy on and off. I bought a second bottle for next spring, just in case. Love the gloss and slippery texture. Will see how the coating holds up to Canadian salt, snow, ice, and slush before going back to traditional wax/polish.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1243 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been using TW Ceramic Coating on my car and TW Seal N Shine (old formula) on my wife's car for some time now. My unscientific conclusion is that CC has slightly better gloss and slickness while SnS does a better job of repelling dust and dirt another thing that is forgotten is SnS both old and new formula does not require any cure time so basically apply first coat go grab a snack come back and finish off with your second coat. Any time I need a quick spot touch up I always grab the bottle of SnS. Next thing is going to grab a bottle of the new formula SnS and compare with CC and old formula SnS.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1486 posts
234 upvotes
Parked my car next to an apartment building undergoing renovation, noticed lots of dust was all over the car.

There was a noticeablely more dust on the windshield where I had applied the ceramic vs the areas without.

Highway driving didn't seem to get it off.

The ceramic coating does seem to attract dust, in my own unscientific observation.

This happened before the 24hour cure time. Hope the dust doesn't stay stuck because of this
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10771 posts
3319 upvotes
Found some at the Burlington store today. 2 bottles left.

Caddy is looking great. Thanks OP!
Images
  • 20200920_143600.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5926 posts
595 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
bobor wrote: Parked my car next to an apartment building undergoing renovation, noticed lots of dust was all over the car.

There was a noticeablely more dust on the windshield where I had applied the ceramic vs the areas without.

Highway driving didn't seem to get it off.

The ceramic coating does seem to attract dust, in my own unscientific observation.

This happened before the 24hour cure time. Hope the dust doesn't stay stuck because of this
thats jsut the build up of static from constant microfibre towel buffing
--
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4287 posts
204 upvotes
I am done. Looks and feels amazing.

I did.

1. Wash / Zaino
2. Dry
3. Clay Bar / Lube / Chemical Boys
4. Ceramic Spray
5. Wash / Zaino
6. Dry
7. Spray

Lots of effort, but looks and feels great.

My Tesla Model 3 is 1 week old. Took a ton of orange contaminate/fall out/ dust out with the clay bar.

I was planning on getting PPF done on the entire car, with paint correction/seal prior to that. It was going to cost about 5K. Debating if I want to do the PPF now.
Jul 19, 2010
67 posts
1 upvote
what are people doing with their used towels? Apparently towels used to apply ceramic coatings should not be used again on car paintwork due to leftover ingredients that embed to the towel even after washing. Is this true for the TW Ceramic Spray?
Jul 20, 2016
284 posts
239 upvotes
lindmar wrote: Put my first coat on- do I need to wash again before the second coat 24 hours later?
No. Unless it got dirty. Just blow off or swiffer dust off. Reapply . Done
Jun 18, 2005
269 posts
696 upvotes
gleipnir wrote: what are people doing with their used towels? Apparently towels used to apply ceramic coatings should not be used again on car paintwork due to leftover ingredients that embed to the towel even after washing. Is this true for the TW Ceramic Spray?
Wash drying towels and MFs in a separate load & dry on low/med heat. No fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Too much overthinking in this thread.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)