Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 7:30 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4578 posts
1295 upvotes
wondering if anyone knows how toxic this stuff is?
only apply outdoors with good venitlation?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4540 posts
2632 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote: wondering if anyone knows how toxic this stuff is?
That goes for pretty much...anything. Indoors is fine just don't stand too close and inhale this stuff directly, unless you want coated lungs.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4540 posts
2632 upvotes
Picked up 3 bottles of this stuff, same price but no chance to try it out.
Oct 26, 2012
899 posts
1301 upvotes
Hey, so I'm sold on this but I want to know how many "coats" would this bottle have for a hatchback? Also this is probably a really silly question but do these expire? Can I buy a bunch and leave them lying for a year before use?
Oct 2, 2012
368 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
Picked up a bottle yesterday. Dry warmer weather coming this week to try it on.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13252 posts
3675 upvotes
RFD
SomeOtherDude wrote: wondering if anyone knows how toxic this stuff is?
Good reason to use a mask during application, just in case. Best to have ventilation.
Jul 6, 2019
401 posts
226 upvotes
How would u guys recommend using this stuff. Before winter, apply it. Then during winter, rinse off every 1-2 weeks and wash the car when its warm enough. Then in spring apply it again. Anyone else with better ideas
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1130 posts
519 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Good reason to use a mask during application, just in case. Best to have ventilation.
But you'll miss out on the amazing mango scent.
Nov 2, 2019
25 posts
43 upvotes
If you're going to use this stuff you should really do a proper wax of your vehicle first. Any type of spray on wax is going to work best if there is a base coat of wax on the vehicle. Spray on wax is really good for maintenance and a slight increase in shine when there's already a base coat on.

If you want a really good wax for base coat look for something called Collinite (see link below). People use this down in Florida to wax their boats and all the big car shows. It came out in like the 1930s and it's still being used so that tells you something about the product. this stuff is some of the best bang for your buck you can get.

https://meticulousdetailing.ca/products ... 5262&_ss=r
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6442 posts
2819 upvotes
I used the spray last weekend - I washed the car (black 2018 Miata GT) with Dawn to strip off all of the old wax and any grease. Then I used a clay bar mit and then washed the vehicle again.
Dried it with multiple microfibre cloths and then 2 coats (24 hrs apart) of the ceramic spray - wiping it off with a microfibre cloth each time. I also treated the windows and exterior mirrors. (The bottle says it's OK for glass).

So far so good - the vehicle is as smooth as glass.
The only issue is that it now attracts dust like a magnet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5073 upvotes
ON
fatcowxlive wrote: Hey, so I'm sold on this but I want to know how many "coats" would this bottle have for a hatchback? Also this is probably a really silly question but do these expire? Can I buy a bunch and leave them lying for a year before use?
I'd leave them standing but I don't see a problem with having them for a year before use. I would store them inside to keep from freezing and give it a shake before use.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5073 upvotes
ON
plymouthhater wrote: I used the spray last weekend - I washed the car (black 2018 Miata GT) with Dawn to strip off all of the old wax and any grease. Then I used a clay bar mit and then washed the vehicle again.
Dried it with multiple microfibre cloths and then 2 coats (24 hrs apart) of the ceramic spray - wiping it off with a microfibre cloth each time. I also treated the windows and exterior mirrors. (The bottle says it's OK for glass).

So far so good - the vehicle is as smooth as glass.
The only issue is that it now attracts dust like a magnet.
The worst part, Shell touchless carwashes couldn't get rid of that dust film.
I complained after I went through the first one and showed the attendant the grime that I could easily wipe with a finger, so I got a re-wash and it came out exactly the same way it went in, still dirty. I didn't bother a second time.
This was an "ultimate" carwash, but maybe they meant it as in "the last" one I am getting...
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3215 posts
1163 upvotes
Vancouver
TannerK28755 wrote: If you're going to use this stuff you should really do a proper wax of your vehicle first. Any type of spray on wax is going to work best if there is a base coat of wax on the vehicle. Spray on wax is really good for maintenance and a slight increase in shine when there's already a base coat on.

If you want a really good wax for base coat look for something called Collinite (see link below). People use this down in Florida to wax their boats and all the big car shows. It came out in like the 1930s and it's still being used so that tells you something about the product. this stuff is some of the best bang for your buck you can get.

That's only because normal spray waxes only last like a few weeks
longer lasting wax should go on the bottom. If the turtle wax outlasts the collinite then turtle should be applied first and your collinite should be the topper.
Mar 8, 2020
76 posts
48 upvotes
Would a claybar and then applying this product be good a couple times a year to maintain your paint and clearcoat ? Or should something like a polish be incorporated as well?
Nov 25, 2014
471 posts
434 upvotes
Crunchytut wrote: Would a claybar and then applying this product be good a couple times a year to maintain your paint and clearcoat ? Or should something like a polish be incorporated as well?
Can you see reflections like a mirror in your paint, because there's no swirls? If your answer isn't yes, then it needs a polish.

I would do a 2 coat ceramic wax (24 hours between) as a base coat every 6 months, then a wax like Turtles every few weeks after washing the car.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hybrid-sol ... 0201125184
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1623 posts
1049 upvotes
Markham
I just use the wash and wax stuff, then use the ceramic spray on top. It’s like a mirror on a dark color car.
Unless u have severe swirl mark or the paint was heavily neglected, don’t need to go as far as stripping all wax, and then clay bar preparation in my mind.
But I am no detailing expert either.
Dec 25, 2007
422 posts
261 upvotes
CALGARY
savemoresaveoften wrote: I just use the wash and wax stuff, then use the ceramic spray on top. It’s like a mirror on a dark color car.
Unless u have severe swirl mark or the paint was heavily neglected, don’t need to go as far as stripping all wax, and then clay bar preparation in my mind.
But I am no detailing expert either.
You aren't wrong per se.
Best rule of thumb is to wash your car. Feel the paint. Is it entirely smooth or does it have the odd bump that feels like sand? If so then you would want to move to claying to remove above surface contamination. Then you would want to polish the paint to remove any sort of clay induced marring or swirls/light scratches (below the surface)...then finally apply your last step product, in this case hybrid solutions.

You will get the best durability if the paint is prepped before applying protection. Waxes/sealants/coatings simply don't crosslink well with embedded dirt. To take it a step further, removing swirls and oxidized paint gives the best surface for any LSP
Dec 28, 2011
377 posts
175 upvotes
OAKVILLE
TannerK28755 wrote: If you're going to use this stuff you should really do a proper wax of your vehicle first. Any type of spray on wax is going to work best if there is a base coat of wax on the vehicle. Spray on wax is really good for maintenance and a slight increase in shine when there's already a base coat on.

If you meant Polish then you're correct. This stuff has to go on before Wax as it needs to bind to the paint/clearcoat. If you read thru this thread you will see lots of people have done the following: wash/IronX/clay/polish/Ceramic coat and some have applied a Wax as the last step.
Nov 29, 2015
415 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP. So I ended up getting the wash and wax soap as well. Am I correct to assume that I can use the soap and then use the spray without any issues?

Cheers.
Jan 17, 2017
196 posts
124 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: The worst part, Shell touchless carwashes couldn't get rid of that dust film.
I complained after I went through the first one and showed the attendant the grime that I could easily wipe with a finger, so I got a re-wash and it came out exactly the same way it went in, still dirty. I didn't bother a second time.
This was an "ultimate" carwash, but maybe they meant it as in "the last" one I am getting...
Exactly same situation for me with Petro Canada touchless car wash, seemed all dirt stuck on the car still. I showed them how dirty it still was, got a re-wash ticket. Didn't bother to go back to touchless again. Went to a regular car wash and applied my second coat.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)