Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 10:45 am
Jul 20, 2016
289 posts
246 upvotes
dingus wrote: Wash drying towels and MFs in a separate load & dry on low/med heat. No fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Too much overthinking in this thread.
Exactly. Add a half cup of white vinegar into fabric softener bay also
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1263 posts
233 upvotes
Vancouver
gleipnir wrote: what are people doing with their used towels? Apparently towels used to apply ceramic coatings should not be used again on car paintwork due to leftover ingredients that embed to the towel even after washing. Is this true for the TW Ceramic Spray?
I hand wash than hang to dry and re-use it a few times doing the same before going to a new towel.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2784 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
Tested out the new SnS formula today. Smells better and looks like gloss is a bit better too. Also, doesn't seem to attract as much dust as the old formula.

Process:

1. Foam cannon using CG Mr.Pink(let sit for 2 mins)
2. Rinse
3. Two bucket method with TW hybrid wash and wax
4. Rinse again
5. Dry using two Meguiars waffle drying cloth from the dollarama RFD deal
6. Quick coat of TW hybrid ceramic wax
7. Sit for an hour
8. Coat of TW SnS new formula(waited 2 hours before driving off)

I already had 1 layer of hybrid ceramic that was on my car for a little over 2 months which is why I didn't bother clay baring or curing for 24 hours plus this was just a top off as I was eager to try the new SnS formula.

Car is 7 years old and has been parked outside everyday. Never went to a detailer to get it paint corrected. I was already a fan of the old SnS except for the dust attraction but now with the new formula on top of the hybrid ceramic. My paint looks like a mirror and almost brand new. I just hope it lasts just as long.
Jul 2, 2016
127 posts
26 upvotes
Applied my 1st coat. Had it outside (no garage), so far only light dust. I see I need to wash (remove the dust) before applying second coat, will waterless carwash (sanszo) do the trick before applying the 2nd coat?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13092 posts
3558 upvotes
RFD
bornokjudak wrote: Applied my 1st coat. Had it outside (no garage), so far only light dust. I see I need to wash (remove the dust) before applying second coat, will waterless carwash (sanszo) do the trick before applying the 2nd coat?
Yes
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1263 posts
233 upvotes
Vancouver
Picked up a bottle of the new formula SnS $14.97 at Grandview Hwy Walmart in Vancouver they had the new formula ones mixed in with the old ones only 1 bottle of new formula left on the shelf. Also picked up a bottle of the Ceramic Coating about 4-5 bottles still available, 2-3 bottles of the polish and wax still available and 7-8 jugs of the wash and wax on the shelf as of noon today.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2784 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
So about two days later and driving across the city and some backroads.

The new SnS still attracts dust but not as much as the old formula. Hybrid cermaic spray is still better when it comes to dust management as it produces
a slicker/smoother surface. The new SnS does have better gloss than both the hybrid ceramic and old formula.

In terms of ranking

1. Hybrid Ceramic spray (proven longevity and chemical resistance with decent gloss and smoother surface. Produces the best beads too)

2. Seal N Shine new formula (Best gloss from all three, has UV protection, smells the best and easy to apply. Surface is stickier than hybrid ceramic due to the caranuba wax but its a really good top off wax to protect the sealant)

3. Seal N Shine old formula(proven chemical resistance, slightly better gloss than hybrid ceramic and easy to apply)

Grab the hybrid ceramic while its still the same price as the SnS but if you absolutely need wax right now than the new SnS should give you 2 months of protection until you can find some hybrid ceramic
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2095 posts
317 upvotes
Canada
dingus wrote: Wash drying towels and MFs in a separate load & dry on low/med heat. No fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Too much overthinking in this thread.
torontocanada1968 wrote: Exactly. Add a half cup of white vinegar into fabric softener bay also
kev604 wrote: I hand wash than hang to dry and re-use it a few times doing the same before going to a new towel.

What detergent do you use to wash the mirco-fiber towels? Is it ok to use regular laundry detergent (eg. Tide)? I had washed some MFs previously (can't recall exactly what I did), but the MF didn't feel the "same" after the wash. The MF had a tacky feel to it rather than the original "smoother" feel. Anyway to get the original "smooth" feel back after washing MFs? The laundered tacky-feeling MFs don't seem to clean as nice...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1079 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
congeetime wrote: So about two days later and driving across the city and some backroads.

The new SnS still attracts dust but not as much as the old formula. Hybrid cermaic spray is still better when it comes to dust management as it produces
a slicker/smoother surface. The new SnS does have better gloss than both the hybrid ceramic and old formula.

In terms of ranking

1. Hybrid Ceramic spray (proven longevity and chemical resistance with decent gloss and smoother surface. Produces the best beads too)

2. Seal N Shine new formula (Best gloss from all three, has UV protection, smells the best and easy to apply. Surface is stickier than hybrid ceramic due to the caranuba wax but its a really good top off wax to protect the sealant)

3. Seal N Shine old formula(proven chemical resistance, slightly better gloss than hybrid ceramic and easy to apply)

Grab the hybrid ceramic while its still the same price as the SnS but if you absolutely need wax right now than the new SnS should give you 2 months of protection until you can find some hybrid ceramic
Did you use the hybrid ceramic on the windshield and head/taillights as well?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2327 posts
1503 upvotes
Toronto
submarine wrote: Did you use the hybrid ceramic on the windshield and head/taillights as well?
Of course, you can even use it on your rims/wheels so they don't get dirty as fast.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19705 posts
4301 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I got this spray because it has UV protection, and I want to use it on top of my Suntek Ultra PPF for additional protection. This is especially because I have a light coloured car, and I don't want to risk UV causing any yellowing of the PPF adhesive over time. (The TW website Q&A section states this product is safe for PPF.) After applying on a small area of PPF, the coating looks ... pretty normal. The reflections are *slightly* different but it really looks totally normal and virtually the same as other areas.

Has anyone else tried this TW Hyrbid Ceramic Spray on PPF?
gleipnir wrote: what are people doing with their used towels? Apparently towels used to apply ceramic coatings should not be used again on car paintwork due to leftover ingredients that embed to the towel even after washing. Is this true for the TW Ceramic Spray?
I haven't heard of this. But I don't mix different products between different MF towels to begin with. I write the product name on the corner of the towel, using a sharpie. I'll wash this MF and use it again.

Considering that the solvent in this product is IPA, I suppose you could wash your MF towel in 99% IPA to remove any leftover chemicals that might be in it.
torontocanada1968 wrote: Exactly. Add a half cup of white vinegar into fabric softener bay also
What is the benefit of this?
submarine wrote: Did you use the hybrid ceramic on the windshield and head/taillights as well?
Good question... I am intersted to know how it compares versus Rain-X / AquaPel.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Sep 22nd, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2784 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
I put some hybrid ceramic on the windows but there was a bit of hazing that was only visible at night so I removed it and retreated my windows with rain-x.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2266 posts
1766 upvotes
Montreal, QC
zoomzoom wrote: What detergent do you use to wash the mirco-fiber towels? Is it ok to use regular laundry detergent (eg. Tide)? I had washed some MFs previously (can't recall exactly what I did), but the MF didn't feel the "same" after the wash. The MF had a tacky feel to it rather than the original "smoother" feel. Anyway to get the original "smooth" feel back after washing MFs? The laundered tacky-feeling MFs don't seem to clean as nice...
I just use regular laundry detergent. Don't need much. And make sure no fabric softner. IF they are really bad, I may add a little oxyclean and leave them soak for a while before washing.

Then I usually hang dry them, or very low tumble dry.

Once they get a little too dirty, and not too comfortable for using on my paint, I'll just use them for detailing the interior. I have 2 piles. 1 pile of towels in great shape, and one in "acceptable" but not for body use.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1763 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
congeetime wrote: I put some hybrid ceramic on the windows but there was a bit of hazing that was only visible at night so I removed it and retreated my windows with rain-x.
Isn’t it because you sprayed too much?

Also the haze starts when you use your wipers without any liquid.
Dec 25, 2004
812 posts
147 upvotes
zoomzoom wrote: What detergent do you use to wash the mirco-fiber towels? Is it ok to use regular laundry detergent (eg. Tide)? I had washed some MFs previously (can't recall exactly what I did), but the MF didn't feel the "same" after the wash. The MF had a tacky feel to it rather than the original "smoother" feel. Anyway to get the original "smooth" feel back after washing MFs? The laundered tacky-feeling MFs don't seem to clean as nice...
Cold water and not much detergent or no dye/sensitive if you have it. Dryer is fine but no high heat... I just use the air setting and they come out perfect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

fiscal-rick