Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm
Jun 12, 2020
97 posts
132 upvotes
oceans_end wrote: You put ceramic wax inside the toilet bowl? Do you buff it with a towel too?
Didn't buff. Turn water valve off, flush, then spray. Seems good enough.
Sep 15, 2012
710 posts
157 upvotes
bv
Applied it last week (9 days ago) car still seems shiny, we've had rain etc. it does collect dirt but I do not see how this will last 12months..
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4841 posts
7268 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP for correcting your title.
Every time I read "Hyrbid" going over the forum it made me cringe.
Upvoted just for that. :)
Dec 26, 2012
221 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
Surprisingly, seems to be breaking down after 30 days on Scott H's durability Test:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9982 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone washed their Cars?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13104 posts
3563 upvotes
RFD
akito925 wrote: Anyone washed their Cars?
I haven't done any wash since applying Sep 15. I'll likely wash this weekend or next weekend if I'm free. Surprisingly even after the rain we've had its not super dirty. Still beads and doesn't show signs of failure.
Jan 17, 2017
177 posts
91 upvotes
Washed my car today using the Petro-Canada car wash deal and then applied ceramic spray. Spray was drying before even I could buff. Not sure maybe because it was too windy today. After buffing, didn't see any swirl marks. I do see a minor small scratch on my lower front bumper, guessing there was a residue that may have scratched while buffing.

The car does not seem to be that much shiny either. Used 2 sprays per panel, and tricky places/bumpers used 2 sprays on towel. How do you guys apply the spray though? I swiped with one towel and another towel to polish.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19766 posts
4365 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I applied TW-HCS to PPF only and the beading has been extreme, more than it normally beads.
Actually my car was parked on the steet for a week due to Krown, and I was pretty surprised by the beading after rains and such.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Feb 26, 2010
363 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
Wash, clay bar, two coats of ceramic spray, here's my result. I'm quite pleased, it's so easy to apply.

Would collinite insulator last step wax No. 845 be a good product to apply on top of the two coats of ceramic spray? I have a whole bottle on hand.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • rs7.jpg
Feb 26, 2010
363 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
In winter I usually go thru Esso touchless car washes. Will these strip this ceramic coating off, and if so which level of wash would be best? I usually go with the Deluxe that has a bit of wax with it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2336 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto
Alpha-Zulu wrote: Wash, clay bar, two coats of ceramic spray, here's my result. I'm quite pleased, it's so easy to apply.

Would collinite insulator last step wax No. 845 be a good product to apply on top of the two coats of ceramic spray? I have a whole bottle on hand.
That's a really good wax and would make an amazing topper to the ceramic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2336 posts
1506 upvotes
Toronto
Alpha-Zulu wrote: In winter I usually go thru Esso touchless car washes. Will these strip this ceramic coating off, and if so which level of wash would be best? I usually go with the Deluxe that has a bit of wax with it.
I go to the petro touchless wash weekly and with 2 coats it's been 3 months and the ceramic shows no hint of giving up.