[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19777 posts
4381 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Alpha-Zulu wrote: In winter I usually go thru Esso touchless car washes. Will these strip this ceramic coating off, and if so which level of wash would be best? I usually go with the Deluxe that has a bit of wax with it.
Touchless wash does not strip coatings. I go for the lowest price wash that has the underbody spray.

If anything, I find touchless washes to be incomplete. I'll go to the touchless, then come home and QD the whole car. The the cloth I used for QD will be filthy. This is when I'll either go for the clay if it needs it, or just start applying another coat of paint sealant.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Sep 3, 2008
67 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
zobi123 wrote: I go to the petro touchless wash weekly and with 2 coats it's been 3 months and the ceramic shows no hint of giving up.
Do you get a bit of a rainbow effect on your window sills? I usually wash myself but went to petro canada for the underspray on the touchless and windows got a sort of a multicolor hue. I hear this is due to harsh chemicals so I'm planning to stay away from now on.
Dec 24, 2015
231 posts
103 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Decided to wash and reapply another coat after several months just to keep it more glossy and extra beady. Even with cooler weather this spray buffs off easily and leaves no streaks. Will have to retire this amazing spray next year so I can do a 2 stage paint correction + use Gtechniq CSL.
Images
  • 451C6812-46C9-4A58-8452-BBCD92290B87.jpeg
  • 8474CB2C-F891-408A-B9BF-C1C8625CCCCF.jpeg
Jan 28, 2020
13 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm currently using the onr blue bottle to wash the car then applying optiseal on top of it. What would I get by using the turtle wax instead of the optiseal? Or can I use both at the same time?
Apr 9, 2019
71 posts
27 upvotes
Receiving my new car some time this week. Seriously considering doing this at the dealer's parking lot. Would a newly "detailed" car straight out of the dealership be ready for application, or do I have to go and wash it? If not ready, what steps do I need to take to make it ready?
Oct 17, 2012
237 posts
165 upvotes
Quebec
DealDweller wrote: Receiving my new car some time this week. Seriously considering doing this at the dealer's parking lot. Would a newly "detailed" car straight out of the dealership be ready for application, or do I have to go and wash it? If not ready, what steps do I need to take to make it ready?
At minimum, Ask them to only wash the car and not wax it. To apply this product, it needs to bound to the clear coat.

Best will be at least a chemical decontamination + hand wash at home because even if the car is new, there are metal particles embeded in the paint from transportation, etc.
Aug 23, 2019
450 posts
328 upvotes
My 3 yr old white car has some brake particles on the sides. I don't want to clay bar just yet. Will Iron X require polish/correction afterwards? Or should I just apply this now and get a polisher for next time? Going to wait a few months if I can for a good deal on this equipment bc boy it's starting to add up fast.
Dec 23, 2010
241 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Zarkey wrote: My 3 yr old white car has some brake particles on the sides. I don't want to clay bar just yet. Will Iron X require polish/correction afterwards? Or should I just apply this now and get a polisher for next time? Going to wait a few months if I can for a good deal on this equipment bc boy it's starting to add up fast.
Apply now and it shouldn't affect things, if you have iron X already it won't hurt. Instead of claybar, look into clay mit/towels.
Sep 14, 2020
304 posts
160 upvotes
xtothel wrote: Apply now and it shouldn't affect things, if you have iron X already it won't hurt. Instead of claybar, look into clay mit/towels.
Clay bar doesn't work on brake dust stuck to paint?

I also have rail dust (rust) on my car. Just bought a claybar kit. Will this not take care of these 2?

My plan was to wash, claybar my car (get rid of rail dust and brake dust) and then use this ceramic coating.
Dec 23, 2010
241 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Me262A1 wrote: Clay bar doesn't work on brake dust stuck to paint?

I also have rail dust (rust) on my car. Just bought a claybar kit. Will this not take care of these 2?

My plan was to wash, claybar my car (get rid of rail dust and brake dust) and then use this ceramic coating.
Yes clay bar will take care of everything you've mentioned. The reason why I recommended looking into alternatives/chemical is that nowadays, clay bar is considered a more aggressive method compared to the other available options. If it is your daily then don't worry too much about using a clay bar vs other methods.
Also note, this is not a ceramic coating.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2452 posts
1002 upvotes
Burnaby
Me262A1 wrote: Clay bar doesn't work on brake dust stuck to paint?

Clay does work on rust dist but takes some work.
Sep 14, 2020
304 posts
160 upvotes
xtothel wrote: Yes clay bar will take care of everything you've mentioned. The reason why I recommended looking into alternatives/chemical is that nowadays, clay bar is considered a more aggressive method compared to the other available options. If it is your daily then don't worry too much about using a clay bar vs other methods.
Also note, this is not a ceramic coating.
I bought one OP posted, Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating. Not sure why you say it's not a ceramic coating.

After washing the car, can I use the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating after I claybar my car? Or do I need to do something else between claybar and using the TW Hybrid coating?

Also, do you wash the car again for the 2nd TW Hybrid coating after 24hrs? Especially if driving it or it's raining when the 2nd TW hybrid coating is suppose to be done after the fist 24 hours.
Nov 26, 2003
323 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
Me262A1 wrote: I bought one OP posted, Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating. Not sure why you say it's not a ceramic coating.

After washing the car, can I use the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating after I claybar my car? Or do I need to do something else between claybar and using the TW Hybrid coating?

Also, do you wash the car again for the 2nd TW Hybrid coating after 24hrs? Especially if driving it or it's raining when the 2nd TW hybrid coating is suppose to be done after the fist 24 hours.
The recommendations I have seen all say a polish is recommended after clay bar because it is an abrasive and you would want to paint correct.

I just got a new car a few weeks ago and I did a wash and applied one coat. The results were great and the first day the water was beading like crazy. However as others mentioned, I noticed that it does seem to pick up dust. I'll have to try to wash and reapply a second coat. My plan is to do the full clay bar and polish in the spring. I'm limited on time and tools so would need a full day to do it by hand I think.
Nov 26, 2003
323 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
Me262A1 wrote: What is the cheapest place to buy microfibre towers? Amazon?

Found this: https://www.amazon.ca/AIDEA-Microfiber- ... 213&sr=8-8

Any other better solutions?
I bought a 25 pack for $10 on sale from CT. Simoniz brand. I was really not happy with them. They seemed cheap quality and to leave threads on the finish.
I bought some other ones from the rag company brand on Amazon and have been really happy with the quality of these.
I've seen them at Costco but can't comment on the quality. Hopefully better than the Simoniz ones.

https://www.amazon.ca/RAG-COMPANY-Profe ... ljaz10cnVl