Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4319 posts
215 upvotes
boofi wrote: I bought a 25 pack for $10 on sale from CT. Simoniz brand. I was really not happy with them. They seemed cheap quality and to leave threads on the finish.
I bought some other ones from the rag company brand on Amazon and have been really happy with the quality of these.
I've seen them at Costco but can't comment on the quality. Hopefully better than the Simoniz ones.

https://www.amazon.ca/RAG-COMPANY-Profe ... ljaz10cnVl
The CT ones are fine for literally 1-time use.
Dec 23, 2010
241 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Me262A1 wrote: I bought one OP posted, Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating. Not sure why you say it's not a ceramic coating.

After washing the car, can I use the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray coating after I claybar my car? Or do I need to do something else between claybar and using the TW Hybrid coating?

Also, do you wash the car again for the 2nd TW Hybrid coating after 24hrs? Especially if driving it or it's raining when the 2nd TW hybrid coating is suppose to be done after the fist 24 hours.
What I meant is that this is a spray, formulated for easy application and relatively better results than traditional sealants. It has some of the active ingredients in the formulation as what I consider a ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings, such as this one https://carzilla.ca/collections/brand-c ... -no-reload, are more complicated to apply and generally best left for professionals. The difference is that the spray might last half a year to a year while the coating can last 2+ year.

To answer your other questions, I would use isopropyl alcohol to wipe clean each panel before applying the spray. You CAN choose to polish, if you do make sure you use alcohol after to wipe away any left over substance from the polishing compound.

For your second coating, If you'll be driving the vehicle between coatings, then I would do a rinse and dry beforehand and apply the second coat. DON'T USE ALCOHOL BEFORE THE SECOND COATING. If the car is really dirty beforehand, use mild amount of soap without a wax in it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13108 posts
3570 upvotes
RFD
xtothel wrote: What I meant is that this is a spray, formulated for easy application and relatively better results than traditional sealants. It has some of the active ingredients in the formulation as what I consider a ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings, such as this one https://carzilla.ca/collections/brand-c ... -no-reload, are more complicated to apply and generally best left for professionals. The difference is that the spray might last half a year to a year while the coating can last 2+ year.

To answer your other questions, I would use isopropyl alcohol to wipe clean each panel before applying the spray. You CAN choose to polish, if you do make sure you use alcohol after to wipe away any left over substance from the polishing compound.

For your second coating, If you'll be driving the vehicle between coatings, then I would do a rinse and dry beforehand and apply the second coat. DON'T USE ALCOHOL BEFORE THE SECOND COATING. If the car is really dirty beforehand, use mild amount of soap without a wax in it.
Just to add that it is advised to use only between 10-25% IPA dilution or else the possibility exists for the clear coat to swell. Don't be using like 99% IPA to wipe down.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2337 posts
1507 upvotes
Toronto
Hellzhavoc wrote: Decided to wash and reapply another coat after several months just to keep it more glossy and extra beady. Even with cooler weather this spray buffs off easily and leaves no streaks. Will have to retire this amazing spray next year so I can do a 2 stage paint correction + use Gtechniq CSL.
Nice stinger, looks like a emblem swap too. That car is so much fun, tons of power.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1890 posts
1247 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Infiverse wrote: Good deal if you can find stock.
It’s in stock online, but you need to spend more to get the fs
Nov 26, 2016
141 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is Canadian Tire price matching Walmart?
Sep 14, 2020
301 posts
157 upvotes
boofi wrote: The recommendations I have seen all say a polish is recommended after clay bar because it is an abrasive and you would want to paint correct.

I just got a new car a few weeks ago and I did a wash and applied one coat. The results were great and the first day the water was beading like crazy. However as others mentioned, I noticed that it does seem to pick up dust. I'll have to try to wash and reapply a second coat. My plan is to do the full clay bar and polish in the spring. I'm limited on time and tools so would need a full day to do it by hand I think.
If I wash, use the claybar, and then just use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic coating, but don't polish, would that jeopardize the paint protection and/or not give a nice shiny look? Would a polish be highly recommended?
xtothel wrote: What I meant is that this is a spray, formulated for easy application and relatively better results than traditional sealants. It has some of the active ingredients in the formulation as what I consider a ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings, such as this one https://carzilla.ca/collections/brand-c ... -no-reload, are more complicated to apply and generally best left for professionals. The difference is that the spray might last half a year to a year while the coating can last 2+ year.

Rinse, as in just water the car (I have a power washer) and dry? I assume I need to wait for the weather to cooperate and get at least 2 days straight with no rain correct?
Dec 23, 2018
55 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Infiverse wrote: Good deal if you can find stock.
Saw a loaded shelf at Walmart St. Clair West yesterday.
Powah.ca
Sep 18, 2017
251 posts
168 upvotes
GVRD
3 bottles left at the Vancouver Grandview Hwy location as of 8:00PM.
Nov 26, 2003
323 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
Me262A1 wrote:
If I wash, use the claybar, and then just use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic coating, but don't polish, would that jeopardize the paint protection and/or not give a nice shiny look? Would a polish be highly recommended?
I've been reading the detailing thread and watching a lot of YouTube videos but am far from an expert. What I found is there are a million different ways to do things it all depends on what you have the time for, what you are comfortable doing and what you are happy living with.

I think if you clay bar and don't polish, it will affect the look of the gloss and probably you won't be happy with the results. If you are going to do the clay bar, it's recommended to polish. If you want to skip the polish, you likely should just do the chemical decontamination, IPA wipe down, then apply.

I just applied it to my new car without the clay bar or decontamination, and I think it looks great but I can still see minor scratches in areas that should get polished out.

Good luck with the application!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18381 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge
604ray wrote: Is Canadian Tire price matching Walmart?
Yes.

I never tried Ceramic before, I'm content with the Wash, Clay, Polish and Wax.

I love detailing but not that anal about at the same time. I don't do the two bucket system for example and sometimes when I'm in a rush or lazy I use Meguiar's Quick Detailer.

Anyways, I read the back. I never buy their claims how long it last. I do all this to also protect the paint during winter months.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18381 posts
2204 upvotes
Woodbridge
Hellzhavoc wrote: Still holding up and beading pretty well even after 3 months of driving and several washes. (~7000km driven)
Polish and wax will give you the same results or if not better.

Another point is I use Meguiar's Ultimate Paste wax for winter and I don't need to spend another $30+ for this which IMO it feels unnecessary and certainly not worth the $26.99. Half the price, sure. Wal-Mart got it right.

Only tried it because of this thread, wanted to see what the excitement was all about.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 23, 2012
164 posts
140 upvotes
White Rock BC
Jucius Maximus wrote: Touchless wash does not strip coatings. I go for the lowest price wash that has the underbody spray.
That is not correct. Drive-thrus do not use ph-neutral soaps. It is a harsher wash because the soap has to be effective quickly. So they will strip your finish quickly. The optional wax does not last either.
Some other comments about new car prep.
  1. Definitely do not pay extra for a coating from the dealer. Over-priced and under-quality. Even the mandatory 'detail' is an overpriced dealer profit item. If they didn't make a profit why would they do it?
  2. at the dealership is the paint ready for application? I would not rely on them to have prepped the surface as well as you did yourself. Bucket wash, clay bar, iron remover, Then a 50/50% IPA spray to clear any remaining residue. Then apply the Turtle Wax. If you skip a step you're embedding any imperfections under the coating and you won't get the gloss you're hoping for.
  3. Clay bar or clay mitt. Not all mitts are created equal. Some are more aggressive and affect more of the clearcoat.
  4. Clay bar followed by iron remover. Yes! The clay bar does not remove all brake dust/iron particles.
If "love is all there is" and you love pizza, is that really all there is?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
When I bought my car I asked the dealer if they could forego the PDI, I would rather detail it myself after I took delivery lol but dealer said PDI was part of the delivery process. First thing I did after I drove the car home was clay, polish/paint correct, seal and wax. I know a few people declining the PDI and even told the dealer to leave all plastic and wrapping on the vehicle so there are other people like me out there. The dealer detailing is pure garbage just a couple kids playing around in the back.