Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtle wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 3:30 pm
Jun 28, 2013
176 posts
39 upvotes
Edmonton
Would I be able to spray and rinse (similar to meguiars ceramic spray) on my second application?

Bought both bottles of meguiars and turtle wax, spray and rinse seems more convenient for meguiars but not sure which brand is better.
Sep 18, 2017
251 posts
170 upvotes
GVRD
kev604 wrote: When I bought my car I asked the dealer if they could forego the PDI, I would rather detail it myself after I took delivery lol but dealer said PDI was part of the delivery process. First thing I did after I drove the car home was clay, polish/paint correct, seal and wax. I know a few people declining the PDI and even told the dealer to leave all plastic and wrapping on the vehicle so there are other people like me out there. The dealer detailing is pure garbage just a couple kids playing around in the back.
Even more scary is the thought of a kid dropping the sponge on the ground, picking up and continuing to wash.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13119 posts
3582 upvotes
RFD
kev604 wrote: When I bought my car I asked the dealer if they could forego the PDI, I would rather detail it myself after I took delivery lol but dealer said PDI was part of the delivery process. First thing I did after I drove the car home was clay, polish/paint correct, seal and wax. I know a few people declining the PDI and even told the dealer to leave all plastic and wrapping on the vehicle so there are other people like me out there. The dealer detailing is pure garbage just a couple kids playing around in the back.
I asked the same thing too but the dealer said they had to by law do the PDI. Would have preferred they leave everything on as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
randyxrandy wrote: Would I be able to spray and rinse (similar to meguiars ceramic spray) on my second application?

Bought both bottles of meguiars and turtle wax, spray and rinse seems more convenient for meguiars but not sure which brand is better.
TW is not a spray and rinse product. TW needs to be applied and spread over a dry panel with a MF towel.
Dec 16, 2015
123 posts
103 upvotes
Sundre, AB
Nailed it. I bought a used Tacoma, black in color. Spent two days in the garage correcting what I could with my home tools. Got most of the major stuff out with only a few left. Shortly after I took it to the dealer to get a simple frame inspection done and they took it upon themselves to courtesy wash it for me while they had it. It looked like they took it to the local wash and used the brush on it. Sooo Pouting Face.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13119 posts
3582 upvotes
RFD
AlbertaSparky wrote: Nailed it. I bought a used Tacoma, black in color. Spent two days in the garage correcting what I could with my home tools. Got most of the major stuff out with only a few left. Shortly after I took it to the dealer to get a simple frame inspection done and they took it upon themselves to courtesy wash it for me while they had it. It looked like they took it to the local wash and used the brush on it. Sooo Pouting Face.
I think we need to print out a sign for when we go to any dealers for work to be done that boldly says DO NOT WASH CAR
Sep 23, 2012
164 posts
140 upvotes
White Rock BC
radeonboy wrote: I asked the same thing too but the dealer said they had to by law do the PDI. Would have preferred they leave everything on as well.
One of the weakest dealer statements. I'd like to see the law. Gimme a break
If "love is all there is" and you love pizza, is that really all there is?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4647 posts
306 upvotes
Vancity
Been following this thread for awhile but the original product has been oos on Walmart until this morning.

Ordered two bottles, looking forward to trying it out!
Feb 26, 2010
367 posts
127 upvotes
Montreal
zobi123 wrote: That's a really good wax and would make an amazing topper to the ceramic.
Thanks! I had seen some people saying they would add a coat of the ceramic Spray every few weeks as an easy "top-up" and was initially planning on doing the same, but if i use the collinite last step wax on top of the ceramic spray, how would you suggest I do this? Can i layer ceramic spray on top of last step wax and finish off with another coat of last step wax? Or just add either the ceramic or last step wax from time to time? I'm not sure how well ceramic would stick on top of the Collinite Last step wax...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2342 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
Alpha-Zulu wrote: Thanks! I had seen some people saying they would add a coat of the ceramic Spray every few weeks as an easy "top-up" and was initially planning on doing the same, but if i use the collinite last step wax on top of the ceramic spray, how would you suggest I do this? Can i layer ceramic spray on top of last step wax and finish off with another coat of last step wax? Or just add either the ceramic or last step wax from time to time? I'm not sure how well ceramic would stick on top of the Collinite Last step wax...
Your protection is only as good as it's weakest layer so it really doesn't help stacking ceramic on wax. It's best to put ceramic directly on the clear coat. I have had 2 coatings of the ceramic spray for 4 months and the car is always outside and it still beads water like crazy. Even though I go to a touchless wash every week.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1267 posts
239 upvotes
Vancouver
Another unscientific observation from me. TW Seal N Shine (old formula) beads tighter than TW Ceramic coating, Ceramic coating sheets a little more than it beads compare to SnS. Comparison is based on my car and wife's car both were detailed just before summer and reapplied a topup coat 3 months ago one car was done with CC and the other with SnS.
Nov 23, 2014
101 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Applied the second application last week, lets see how it holds up over the next few months.
Images
  • 2F5BA01D-AF92-4F62-A0B9-C42A6E38D53C.jpeg
  • 87EEA459-5EE0-4FB9-9609-B873B410DACF.jpeg
Nov 1, 2013
58 posts
57 upvotes
London ON
I don’t have access to garage parking. If it rained during the 24hour cure time, am I screwed?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2210 posts
1731 upvotes
Markham
szzhangyp wrote: I don’t have access to garage parking. If it rained during the 24hour cure time, am I screwed?
Light mist should be ok but if it’s straight up rain, it isn’t ideal.

Better to just wait until you can have a few days of no rain.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Aug 23, 2019
450 posts
328 upvotes
How are you guys applying the spray? Applicator or just regular towel? what brand?