[Walmart] Turtlewax Hyrbid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 2:03 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1204 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
wszeto wrote: If I'm too lazy to wash my car myself and just want to run the car through a car wash, can I just do that and apply this spray after I drive home from the wash? I'm guessing it would be better to go with the wash that doesn't apply any wax or whatever to allow for this spray to bond a bit better?
Car washes do a terrible job of actually cleaning a car. Don't expect hard to reach areas to be very clean. By the time you drive home contaminants and dirt will have already accumulated again on the surface so basically you'll be running a towel across a dirty car. Honestly if this is the best you can do I wouldn't even bother your probably doing more damage to your car this way than just leaving it alone.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1204 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
bobor wrote: My car is silver so I can’t see the streaks, but pretty certain I overysprayed since I can see streaks on the windows.

Would I need to apply another coat as recommend or would the overspray be enough for max durability?

Car hasn’t been this shiny/smooth in awhile
Overspray wouldn't be considered a second coat. Let cure 24hrs than do your second coat if you've driven around already than you should wash the car before doing the second coat or else do the second coat the next time you wash your car if you've driven around already.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1405 posts
1507 upvotes
The week prior to getting a hold of some hybrid ceramic spray I washed my car, clayed it, polished it and waxed it. The next week I just hosed it and soaped it a bit and sprayed the ceramic spray. I wasn't going to clay and polish again... lol. Looks pretty good so far.
Feb 16, 2019
32 posts
79 upvotes
What kind of polish would people recommend?

Does the Hybrid Ceramic Polish & Wax play well with the Hybrid Ceramic Spray?
Or should I go for something with any wax in it, like Meguiars Ultimate Compound?
Feb 26, 2010
317 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
lindmar wrote: No problem PM’ing at crappy tire
What did you have to show them? And did you PM to the $7 price or the $14.97?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4235 posts
173 upvotes
No, the $14 is fine. They wouldnt take a receipt. Just the website pic on my phone.

If a car is BRAND new, do you guys still suggest a clay bar first?
Dec 29, 2006
130 posts
80 upvotes
I just picked up bottles while at the Aurora ON Superstore. There are at least 10+ bottles on the shelf and in other spaces in that aisle
Dec 29, 2006
130 posts
80 upvotes
lindmar wrote: No, the $14 is fine. They wouldnt take a receipt. Just the website pic on my phone.

If a car is BRAND new, do you guys still suggest a clay bar first?
If your car is brand new, you shouldn't need to clay bar at all... as long as the dealership did a proper clean up and removed any residue from shipping film it should be clean as can be....
Dec 29, 2006
130 posts
80 upvotes
FlyDud wrote: What kind of polish would people recommend?

Does the Hybrid Ceramic Polish & Wax play well with the Hybrid Ceramic Spray?
Or should I go for something with any wax in it, like Meguiars Ultimate Compound?
I apply a coat of Chemical Guys Jet seal, then a coat of Chemical Guys Butter Wax and then I applied the Ceramic Spray.......

The Jet Seal and Butter wax already provide outstanding lasting protection and shine.....then applying the Ceramic Spray just brings it all to another level that ive never seen before in my 20+ years of detailing

What I love it that all these products I listed above are EXTREMELY easy to apply (in small amounts) and buff off, providing you use high quality microfibre cloths.... Chemical Guys is available at Walmart and Craphole Tire
Dec 29, 2006
130 posts
80 upvotes
I actually went as far as applying this spray to the interior glass of my Main Ensuite Stand up shower.... I do have a water softener, however calcium buildup still shows.... its been a week now and my shower stall glass is still residue free!!

I applied it to my Main Ensuite sinks..... toothpaste and other guky residue doesn't stick and is still sparkly clean....

in both cases the water is still beading..... amazing product!
Jun 12, 2020
79 posts
101 upvotes
martynb123 wrote: I apply a coat of Chemical Guys Jet seal, then a coat of Chemical Guys Butter Wax and then I applied the Ceramic Spray.......

The Jet Seal and Butter wax already provide outstanding lasting protection and shine.....then applying the Ceramic Spray just brings it all to another level that ive never seen before in my 20+ years of detailing

What I love it that all these products I listed above are EXTREMELY easy to apply (in small amounts) and buff off, providing you use high quality microfibre cloths.... Chemical Guys is available at Walmart and Craphole Tire
That's good advice for 2015.

It's 2020 and ceramic wax is the new technology everyone should be using.

I'm one of those people who fell for the Jet Seal hype. Even around the home, it's not worth using. The product disappears quickly and a coating of ceramic spray last 5x longer. Now I'm left with a bottle that I can't use up.

You should use ceramic wax first and Jet Seal for extra shine.
Dec 29, 2006
130 posts
80 upvotes
441278904 wrote: That's good advice for 2015.

I'm one of those people who fell for the Jet Seal hype. Even around the home, it's not worth using. The product disappears quickly and a coating of ceramic spray last 5x longer. Now I'm left with a bottle that I can't use up.

Thats the fun of detailing, i'll try different combinations of layering here and there .... thanks for the advice, will give that a try
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1292 posts
1205 upvotes
441278904 wrote: That's good advice for 2015.

I second that. Used jet seal in the past and it does not last. SnS last easy 6+ months. I now use jet seal for my rims until used up, will use ceramic spray after that.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Dan112345, TerenceWong