Hot Deals

[Walmart] Turtlewax Hyrbid Ceramic Spray $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 9:30 pm
Jan 17, 2017
105 posts
35 upvotes
kev604 wrote: Overspray wouldn't be considered a second coat. Let cure 24hrs than do your second coat if you've driven around already than you should wash the car before doing the second coat or else do the second coat the next time you wash your car if you've driven around already.
My garage in an apartment building, a bit dusty. Car sitting for 24 hours may accumulate light dust. Do I have to clean again before the second coat?
May 25, 2015
260 posts
572 upvotes
on
bajemail wrote: My garage in an apartment building, a bit dusty. Car sitting for 24 hours may accumulate light dust. Do I have to clean again before the second coat?
100% yes, use diluted/light soap to wash so it doesn't strip the coating. The point is to apply the coating without causing swirl marks or trapping debris underneath the coating
Feb 26, 2010
317 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
Optom2018 wrote: 100% yes, use diluted/light soap to wash so it doesn't strip the coating. The point is to apply the coating without causing swirl marks or trapping debris underneath the coating
Why dilute- would a normal wash just strip the coating?I thought this stuff lasts a long time?
Dec 25, 2004
753 posts
102 upvotes
martynb123 wrote: Thats the fun of detailing, i'll try different combinations of layering here and there .... thanks for the advice, will give that a try
I’ll just state the obvious... ceramic coatings are meant to provide long lasting protection, it does that by bonding to the clearcoat. So feel free to experiment all you want but it’s only effective one way, sprayed onto the clearcoat (preferably after paint correction and an iso alcohol wipe down).
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1204 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
Alpha-Zulu wrote: Why dilute- would a normal wash just strip the coating?I thought this stuff lasts a long time?
No you don't have to dilute anything just a normal wash will do.
Oct 2, 2007
133 posts
72 upvotes
YYC
Thanks OP, there was a bunch left in Westbrook YYC Walmart so I picked up a couple bottles and ordered the Clay Bar 2.0 and a real clay bar on Amazon. I get so sick of washing my car and after a day in the parkade it's covered in dust and looking dirty again... hopefully this helps with that. I've never done a clay bar before but looks really cool! :)
Nov 21, 2018
58 posts
45 upvotes
Markham
Even if you guys miss out on the hybrid ceramic coating, the TW Sns is still a fantastic deal. Also, I have found that applying it to my wheels has made them significantly easier to clean brake dust off of. Spray on a cloth, then wipe on a **clean** wheel (don't spray on the wheel to avoid overspray on to the brakes).

I used to use aggressive wheel cleaners to clean brake dust but now all I need is a cloth soaked with rinseless wash solution, and a cloth to dry. See pics below. I usually spray a little wash solution on the wheel before wiping.
If I haven't driven the car in rain, I can even clean it off with a swiffer duster cloth which is super convenient!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6443 posts
1972 upvotes
Heads up: a lot of Wal-mart locations have restocked at $14.97.
Apr 24, 2013
490 posts
279 upvotes
Crna Gora
What is the best product for tire shine? Any recommendations?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3052 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
I bought few bottles of the Cerammic Wax paste ... Used some last night on one car and have yet to check out the result since it needs 24-hr for the cure... I normally just use the good old Turtle Hard Wax but this paste is much easier to buff off!

My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1204 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
nimfomanijak wrote: What is the best product for tire shine? Any recommendations?
For best results you need to clean the tires before you dress them preferably using a tire cleaner product.
My current go to tire shine is Meguiars Endurance tire gel. I use a applicator pad to apply the gel to the tire it's pretty long lasting, nice shine not overly wet looking and doesn't sling.
Nov 26, 2003
288 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
Walmart on Baseline in Ottawa had lots of stock left last night. I bought a bottle of the TW wash, polish and spray.

I've seen lots of conflicting advice and looking for a reasonable routine with not much maintenance as others, I don't have my own driveway or garage (park in a parking lot). :)
I just got a new car, car I wash, clay bar, wash, polish, wash and spray? After 24 hours, wash and spray again? Maybe wash every couple of weeks and top off with spray?
Sep 18, 2017
204 posts
138 upvotes
GVRD
Fully stocked (>20) at Burnaby Lougheed WM this AM.
Bottles actually feel full.
Will give a bottle a try.
Thanks!
Last edited by MintMentos on Sep 19th, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1619 posts
1107 upvotes
Ottawa
boofi wrote: Walmart on Baseline in Ottawa had lots of stock left last night. I bought a bottle of the TW wash, polish and spray.

I've seen lots of conflicting advice and looking for a reasonable routine with not much maintenance as others, I don't have my own driveway or garage (park in a parking lot). :)
I just got a new car, car I wash, clay bar, wash, polish, wash and spray? After 24 hours, wash and spray again? Maybe wash every couple of weeks and top off with spray?
Don't overthink it. This is meant for the lazy masses like us who want to do as little as possible and get outstanding results. Having said that, just wash and dry well, then apply. You can skip the clay bar and polish. If you're ocd about it then be my guest.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1291 posts
1202 upvotes
boofi wrote: Walmart on Baseline in Ottawa had lots of stock left last night. I bought a bottle of the TW wash, polish and spray.

New Cars are delivered by rail. I would use clay + fallout remover for the first time. After that just what poster above said. No need for 2nd layer, rather use again in spring.