Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart US / AT&T

Locked: $40 AT&T 25GB Plan is BACK [Canada / US / Mexico Usage]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 3:44 pm
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
I think this is worse than Robbers with customer service. With inconsistent results may be better to wait until the kinks are worked out. Most likely after the double bonus deal finishes first.
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
I think this was manually corrected and they basically stacked the two promotions since they probably can't get rid of the original 8 gb bonus. Glad you have this resolved. Tempted to return my phone and just buy a new one and start all over again.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3088 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
So is there anyone else who still only has the 8gb promo instead of 17gb?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2019
1041 posts
1292 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Spoke to AT&T CSR in US about all the issues people have had and asked what are best solutions to alleviate headaches on all sides. Told to activate in Walmart is best practice.
Obviously that is untrue if you read this...
Only at Walmart: Requires purchase of AT&T PREPAID phone at Walmart and activation of new line of service on $50/mo. Available in store or at walmart.com only.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-PREPAID ... /581538359
Was told this 25G Walmart promo ends July 22nd. No idea truly.

Online Chat was hopeless in making enquiries as they were unaware of WM 25G promo and cannot access outside of AT&Ts site! Very Pleasant Cut & Paste responses.

Bonne Chance

69 of 69
U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
The walmart.com reason I also gave to the supervisor I spoke to when he said it can only be activated in store. We should come up with a list of incorrect responses we get from their customer service and email it to head office. It has been painful and the thought of starting a multiline is sounding very laborious right now if I can't even have the proper bonus on my own account.
Apr 23, 2016
38 posts
44 upvotes
LONDON, ON
Nothing new for me. Had them fix my IMEI and start a ticket last week. Nothing has changed. Will see what Monday holds.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1308 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
proplayer44 wrote: Nevermind. I just logged in and now my account is also fixed. Sawweet.
Nice man!
May 27, 2006
228 posts
6 upvotes
Musiq Soulchild wrote: So is there anyone else who still only has the 8gb promo instead of 17gb?
Activated on Jun 26th online. Received 8 GB bonus Only. I am going to wait till tomorrow and then call to ask them to fix it.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
kingkhan wrote: Activated on Jun 26th online. Received 8 GB bonus Only. I am going to wait till tomorrow and then call to ask them to fix it.

They won't raise a ticket until Day 11 after you activate. Which shall be July 7th for you.

The only thing you can request before that time, is to have the IMEI on their system switched back to that of the Walmart phone, if you transferred the SIM to another phone in the meantime. It's not guaranteed whether they'll change this for you - it's at the discretion of the CSR.

To be on the safe side, it's best to be patient and leave the SIM inside the Walmart phone, until you receive confirmation that you've been granted the 17 GB of bonus data.
Last edited by banker8 on Jul 4th, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
Musiq Soulchild wrote: So is there anyone else who still only has the 8gb promo instead of 17gb?

More precisely ... is there anyone who has waited 11 or more days since activating, and has left their SIM inside the Walmart phone for the whole time, and is yet to receive the 17 GB of bonus data?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
One more thing to be careful of - although not so relevant for Canadians,

I've read on the US forums, that porting a number to your service can cause AT&T's bonus data allocation routine to screw up, and not grant you the 17 GB.

Keep these 3 things in mind:

(1) The port cannot be from an AT&T owned carrier or MVNO, such as Cricket Wireless, as then it's not deemed to be a "new activation".

(2) The port must be from a number with the same 3 digit area code as your newly provisioned AT&T number.

(3) The port must occur either (a) after activation, but BEFORE paying for your first month of service; or alternatively (b) soon after having been granted the 17 GB of bonus data. The port should NOT occur during the period in between.

Yet another pitfall to look out for ;-)
Sep 13, 2013
146 posts
152 upvotes
Waterloo
banker8 wrote: One more thing to be careful of - although not so relevant for Canadians,

I've read on the US forums, that porting a number to your service can cause AT&T's bonus data allocation routine to screw up, and not grant you the 17 GB.

Keep these 3 things in mind:

(1) The port cannot be from an AT&T owned carrier or MVNO, such as Cricket Wireless, as then it's not deemed to be a "new activation".

(2) The port must be from a number with the same 3 digit area code as your newly provisioned AT&T number.

(3) The port must occur either (a) after activation, but BEFORE paying for your first month of service; or alternatively (b) soon after having been granted the 17 GB of bonus data. The port should NOT occur during the period in between.

Yet another pitfall to look out for ;-)
I ported in a 310 number to replace my 323 temporary number. Different area codes but they are within the same zip code market
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
JINWON wrote: I ported in a 310 number to replace my 323 temporary number. Different area codes but they are within the same zip code market

Ah, OK ... yeah, I believe it's OK if the area codes fall within the same zip code region.

Did you receive your 17 GB automatically, without having to call the CSR's?
Sep 13, 2013
146 posts
152 upvotes
Waterloo
banker8 wrote: Ah, OK ... yeah, I believe it's OK if the area codes fall within the same zip code region.

Did you receive your 17 GB automatically, without having to call the CSR's?
Yeah. I detailed it in post #857
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3088 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
banker8 wrote: More precisely ... is there anyone who has waited 11 or more days since activating, and has left their SIM inside the Walmart phone for the whole time, and is yet to receive the 17 GB of bonus data?
Not convinced about keeping the sim in the phone part as a couple of people in my multi line took out the sim first thing but still managed to get the 17gb.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
Musiq Soulchild wrote: Not convinced about keeping the sim in the phone part as a couple of people in my multi line took out the sim first thing but still managed to get the 17gb.

AT&T definitely check the IMEI of the phone at some stage, to confirm it's a Walmart phone, during the process to determine eligibility for the 17 GB.

The exact point in time at which this check occurs, is unknown.

Whilst the check may occur at the time of activation in most circumstances, others have reported removing the SIM days later, and then subsequently calling AT&T (after not receiving their 17 GB), only to be informed by the CSR that a different (ie, Non-Walmart) IMEI is recorded against their profile on the system.
May 27, 2006
228 posts
6 upvotes
banker8 wrote: They won't raise a ticket until Day 11 after you activate. Which shall be July 7th for you.

The only thing you can request before that time, is to have the IMEI on their system switched back to that of the Walmart phone, if you transferred the SIM to another phone in the meantime. It's not guaranteed whether they'll change this for you - it's at the discretion of the CSR.

To be on the safe side, it's best to be patient and leave the SIM inside the Walmart phone, until you receive confirmation that you've been granted the 17 GB of bonus data.
Thank You for the suggestions banker8. I haven't taken the sim out of the Walmart phone. I will wait till Jul 7th to see if the 17gb bonus is applied without needing to call.
Nov 14, 2004
316 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a reminder that if anyone has successfully gotten their bonus data and is ready to join a group-line, I've got open space. There's no area code restriction for our group. More details here:

t-prepaid-multi-line-group-discount-24- ... h-2295637/
Aug 30, 2009
282 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
dpflem wrote: Changed to esim and good to go.
I found some contradicting information on prepaid esims. Did you have to walk in to the AT&T store? Did they charge you for the esim/QR code? Was there a downtime when you were being switched from physical sim to esim? How long?

Thanks!
Jan 9, 2013
21 posts
8 upvotes
The Hammer
I went to AT&T store in Niagara Falls, NY and picked up esim there. It had to be activated In store and associated with my prepaid account, voiding the sim in my flip phone. CSR left my IMEI as the flip phone as I hadn’t received the promo data yet. I’m not sure about down time, as I didn’t scan esim into my iphone until I received promo data a few days later. The esim was free.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)