Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 11:43 am
Nov 18, 2017
19 posts
166 upvotes
How long does it take to get the bonus data? I know it says within 10 days, but I need to get the sim card shipped to me from the US. Just wonder how long it will take to get bonus data before it's shipped.
Sep 13, 2013
42 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
ansher wrote: I am thinking of following the process described in ATT forums. Will provide an update. It would be good to roam on Telus or Bell...
You'll be able to select the network to connect to, but because there is no agreement for Prepaid At&t to roam on any network but Rogers, you just recieve "No Service".
Jan 28, 2017
176 posts
95 upvotes
beezus888 wrote: Had a question I thought I would ask. I have a member in my multiline who wants to change their number to a non New Hampshire number. Will there be taxes charged going forward since it is a taxable state number? I tried asking a CSR and he didn’t know what I was asking.
Buy airtime vouchers at callingmart.com - no tax, and there are discount coupons available most of the time
Jun 2, 2010
448 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
DeltaSingh wrote: Not true, here it is on their forums https://forums.att.com/conversations/ne ... f606b694ea
AT&T Prepaid and AT&T Postpaid are two different things. Sure, you can eventually get AT&T to allow you to manually set your carrier, but if you’re on AT&T Prepaid — i.e. everybody here — switching to TELUS or Bell results in no service.
JINWON wrote:
You'll be able to select the network to connect to, but because there is no agreement for Prepaid At&t to roam on any network but Rogers, you just recieve "No Service".
Correct.
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Jul 4, 2004
790 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking to join a multi line group. Kindly email me.
Jan 16, 2013
108 posts
63 upvotes
North York
if anyone is interested in just the line itself, I can give you my line once the bonus data rolls around as I will be activating on the $50 plan for $35 CAD.

and, I can do physical SIM if your located in Toronto or convert it to ESIM if your within Canada/US and have a compatible device.
May 29, 2017
212 posts
63 upvotes
Canada
rpage93 wrote: if anyone is interested in just the line itself, I can give you my line once the bonus data rolls around as I will be activating on the $50 plan for $35 CAD.

and, I can do physical SIM if your located in Toronto or convert it to ESIM if your within Canada/US and have a compatible device.
What plan are you looking to go to?
Jan 4, 2007
113 posts
33 upvotes
ansher wrote: I experience a helicopter static sound on INCOMING calls only. Highly inconvenient, have to call back all the time. It started to happen about a month ago and intermittent. Folks in other forums experience this with ATT running on iPhone (even in USA)... No real pattern.

Did you happen to put your sim into iPhone (even briefly) ?

How long have you been using the plan in Canada ?

Do you travel to us often or not so much ?

Ever turned on / off wifi calling ?

No issues with long texts either. Is the texts issue incoming or outgoing ?

Has anyone else on this forum experienced "helicopter" type distortion when rather fast clicks distort the sound on your end ? Wondering if it's another trick ATT is using to make a life difficult in roaming for folks who are 100% roaming.
I figured out this issue for me. I was running groundwire. One option is to let groundwire access you phone dialer app. Once I turned this off the problem was solved. Hope this helps you.
May 6, 2010
56 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Username77 wrote: I figured out this issue for me. I was running groundwire. One option is to let groundwire access you phone dialer app. Once I turned this off the problem was solved. Hope this helps you.
Wow ! I use Groundwire as well. Let me try that .
May 6, 2010
56 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
ansher wrote: Wow ! I use Groundwire as well. Let me try that .
Tried disabling call integration and stopped Groundwire app. Still experiencing helicopter static noise during incoming calls. Next step - will uninstall Groundwire and report back the result.
Nov 24, 2018
49 posts
53 upvotes
If anyone is looking to join a multi-line group, mine has 2 more spots! It's a 5-line group though, FYI.

Edit: clarify 5-line
Last edited by Zook123 on Feb 22nd, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8561 posts
1029 upvotes
MikeA92094 wrote: Just an FYI for switching to 10 multiline everyone has to be disbanded then rejoin. Only reason I haven't switched to 10 from 5
Didn't read this. Yes but it was all done in 10min.
Feb 20, 2020
0 posts
Can you PM me? I cannot figure out how to PM, on the mobile site at least. I am interested in joining..live in Windsor so right across from Detroit.
Nov 24, 2018
49 posts
53 upvotes
r1lee wrote: Didn't read this. Yes but it was all done in 10min.
If you just got disbanded from a multi-line, the system doesn't actually let you join another multi-line for another 30 days. Sometimes you might get an agent who is nice/capable enough to override, but it's YMMV.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)