Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 10:55 pm
Jun 2, 2010
492 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Oh wow. I didn't even know that was possible. Thx!
You're welcome. Here's some more info for you:
HalfTrack wrote: ATT definately blocks apns. Had difficulties in a number of tablets. Lucked out on the newest one for use. Works great when you can acquire a device that prevents the blocking!
MikeA92094 wrote:
Yep this is carrier specific configuration at hand which some manufactures allow... This is what would block hotspots if your plan doesn't allow it, blocks network changing, has the auto data warning at 2gb...

Some manufactures like lg, OnePlus I've seen don't enable it so free from at&t specific.

Google does allow it, I might get a one plus pro 7 next.

Also I believe in regards to apple, there is jailbreak apps to disable there checks and enable custom settings.
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Jun 2, 2015
107 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Had to kick someone out of my 25GB plan group because they missed two bills.
Spot opened at 34.80 CAD/month (May fluctuate based on exchange rate).

Person who accepts will need to send a $40 deposit (refundable if leaving group and not used to cover missed bills ) and cover the purchase of the new SIM card ($11) and shipping ($2). Pickup if in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1101 posts
220 upvotes
Oshawa
I'd like to get into a group, but I'm sort of curious what others do (for a non-dual SIM phone) to have access to their Canadian number? Or at the very least what the most ideal solution is these days for porting and parking my current Canadian number?
Sep 7, 2014
246 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
venividivici wrote: I'd like to get into a group, but I'm sort of curious what others do (for a non-dual SIM phone) to have access to their Canadian number? Or at the very least what the most ideal solution is these days for porting and parking my current Canadian number?
Voip.ms / telus business connect / textnow / fongo etc
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Public Mobile: talk & text
Jun 2, 2015
107 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
onewaylove wrote: Voip.ms / telus business connect / textnow / fongo etc
OpenPhone is another good one where you can port over your number.
Sep 7, 2014
246 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
mcgreezy wrote: OpenPhone is another good one where you can port over your number.
$10/month though :/
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
Public Mobile: talk & text
Nov 24, 2019
4 posts
mcgreezy wrote: Had to kick someone out of my 25GB plan group because they missed two bills.
Spot opened at 34.80 CAD/month (May fluctuate based on exchange rate).

Person who accepts will need to send a $40 deposit (refundable if leaving group and not used to cover missed bills ) and cover the purchase of the new SIM card ($11) and shipping ($2). Pickup if in Toronto.
may i use my own att sim card ?
Dec 21, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Hi,

Has anyone tried putting these 25GB or Unlimited Data AT&T plans simcard into a LTE tablet (iPad/Samsung) in Canada? Would the data still work as expected, similar on a phone? Any restrictions? What's your experience like?

I'm currently on the AT&T unlimited plan with the SIM card in my phone and has been without issue, only hotspot restriction as in accordance to the plan.

I'm considering purchasing an LTE Samsung tablet/iPad and transferring my unlimited AT&T sim card onto the LTE tablet/iPad because I have a grandparent that is stuck in a seniors home and she's been burning through her phone's data with YouTube during the lock down.

I don't necessarily need the hotspot function, just data on the LTE tablet itself is sufficient.

Thanks in advance.
May 19, 2008
432 posts
101 upvotes
JuneauNeilsen wrote: Hi,

Has anyone tried putting these 25GB or Unlimited Data AT&T plans simcard into a LTE tablet (iPad/Samsung) in Canada? Would the data still work as expected, similar on a phone? Any restrictions? What's your experience like?

I'm currently on the AT&T unlimited plan with the SIM card in my phone and has been without issue, only hotspot restriction as in accordance to the plan.

I'm considering purchasing an LTE Samsung tablet/iPad and transferring my unlimited AT&T sim card onto the LTE tablet/iPad because I have a grandparent that is stuck in a seniors home and she's been burning through her phone's data with YouTube during the lock down.

I don't necessarily need the hotspot function, just data on the LTE tablet itself is sufficient.

Thanks in advance.
Check a a page or two back, this was just discussed.
Jun 2, 2010
492 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
JuneauNeilsen wrote: Hi,

I already answered this in my last two posts.

AT&T Prepaid specifically has plans for tablets and mobile hotspots: AT&T Prepaid Data plans for tablets and mobile hotspots

Q: Can an AT&T PREPAID tablet customer roam internationally?

A: International data roaming is not available at this time.
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
Jan 10, 2015
4 posts
Toronto, ON
mcgreezy wrote: OpenPhone is another good one where you can port over your number.
do you know if their sms works with 2FA codes? i previously used fongo and it didn't support them.
Jun 2, 2015
107 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
DenysK49152 wrote: may i use my own att sim card ?
Spot is now taken. Will let you know if they fall through.
Jun 2, 2015
107 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
tylerbcrawford wrote: do you know if their sms works with 2FA codes? i previously used fongo and it didn't support them.
That's the downside of using apps. I think they're all like that.