Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 6:10 am
Jun 21, 2011
686 posts
647 upvotes
Vancouver
FatSheep wrote: I used my Rogers CC to pay set up the autopay(and activated the service). It went thru ok, does it mean the billing infomation is now correct, and I dont have to worry about it later?
their system doesn't actually check your credit card for billing address, the payment will go thru even if your billing address you entered doesn't match up with your card's billing address.
Mar 31, 2012
56 posts
14 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I would like to join GTA group, please let me know.
Jun 14, 2011
364 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
Steel28 wrote: I would like to join GTA group, please let me know.
PM sent.
I am a Koodo, Public Mobile and Zoomer customer and an avid Linux user
Jun 18, 2013
146 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
looking to join GTA group, please PM me.
I spent way too much time finding good deals! Now I will focus on getting my Ph.D. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3463 posts
3076 upvotes
Muskoka
I’ve read you do not need to activate at Walmart. What check does ATT do to verify that you have bought a phone?
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jun 14, 2011
364 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
FatSheep wrote: looking to join GTA group, please PM me.
PM sent.
I am a Koodo, Public Mobile and Zoomer customer and an avid Linux user
Apr 17, 2014
911 posts
346 upvotes
Corunna, ON
FatSheep wrote: I used my Rogers CC to pay set up the autopay(and activated the service). It went thru ok, does it mean the billing infomation is now correct, and I dont have to worry about it later?
That didn't work for me. It only worked after my credit card zip matched the zip for phone number. I have a US card with my sister's address.

Which zip did you choose? Maybe I should have used Michigan instead.
Apr 17, 2014
911 posts
346 upvotes
Corunna, ON
Also I'm accepting Group members. Currently have 4 people with one phone in transit to another person.
Apr 22, 2015
237 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Also interested in joining a group. Will travel to the states 1st week of July and can get the phone and sim there unless there is already an existing phone/sim that can be sent/activated for me. Thanks
Sep 10, 2018
49 posts
103 upvotes
I have fongo

Hit or miss tbh

I have it forwarded to my USA number but ported over my Canadian number for the texting

Overall it works and are one of very few companies that have texting and portability

If you don't care about your phone number look elsewhere
Jun 18, 2013
146 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
proplayer44 wrote: That didn't work for me. It only worked after my credit card zip matched the zip for phone number. I have a US card with my sister's address.

Which zip did you choose? Maybe I should have used Michigan instead.
I used an address in Newport, OR to activate my att number that begins with 541. For my CC billing info, all are my Canadian except the zip code, I used the digits associated with the characters followed by 00( I read some other threads saying should be using the number digits in Canadian postcode followed by 00)
I spent way too much time finding good deals! Now I will focus on getting my Ph.D. :)
Apr 17, 2014
911 posts
346 upvotes
Corunna, ON
I did the same but it didn't work. That sucks.
Fyi for others. I'm heading to US. Pm for my cell number if you want me to buy you one and ship.

I have slots available in my group.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1548 posts
304 upvotes
Halton
Bubbahee wrote: I have fongo

Hit or miss tbh

I have it forwarded to my USA number but ported over my Canadian number for the texting

Overall it works and are one of very few companies that have texting and portability

If you don't care about your phone number look elsewhere
Fongo works with SMS texting or only between fongo users?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14584 posts
5542 upvotes
Gatineau
neptune wrote: Fongo works with SMS texting or only between fongo users?
For SMS, Fongo is free to send SMS to other fongo users. Its also free to receive SMS from ANY number.

If you want to be able to send SMS outside of fongo users, then you need to purchase an Add-on.

Unlimited Canada Texting
- 1 month for $2.79
- 3 months for $5.49 (=$1.83/month)
- 6 months for $9.99 (=$1.67/month)

Unlimited Global Texting
- 1 month for $3.99
- 3 months for $8.49 (=$2.83/month)
- 6 months for $14.99 (=$2.50/month)

djino