Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 6:10 am
Dec 6, 2008
500 posts
137 upvotes
Is there a way I can use this for travel I.e sign up and cancel autopay and reactivate only when I travel?
Jun 13, 2017
442 posts
261 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Very tempted. But it would be a very big jump to ditch my Canadian number for something that can only be called by somebody who has a US calling plan.
"Are you telling me to get a smart switch instead of a smart bulb for my bedside night lamp?"

ArloCopter
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1548 posts
304 upvotes
Halton
adhika wrote: Very tempted. But it would be a very big jump to ditch my Canadian number for something that can only be called by somebody who has a US calling plan.
As others have said, use a voip service like voip.ms or fongo to port your canadian number; then, forward incoming calls from the canadian number to the att number. You'll pay minimal fees for call forwarding with those services.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1040 posts
512 upvotes
Ajax
neptune wrote: As others have said, use a voip service like voip.ms or fongo to port your canadian number; then, forward incoming calls from the canadian number to the att number. You'll pay minimal fees for call forwarding with those services.
I have been doing this since May 10th and my fees so far as of today are at 85cents USD for the montly fee and 57 cents USD for all of my incoming calls fowarded to my US number. Keep in mind that anyone that calls me I will either not answer and call them back or answer and if I know that it will be a lengthy convo tell them I will call them back right away. The longest incoming calls that I have had so far were with fedex at about 12 mins which only cost me 12 cents USD.
Apr 1, 2018
34 posts
17 upvotes
Any groups in Vancouver or lower mainland area willing to let me join?
Jun 21, 2011
686 posts
647 upvotes
Vancouver
Jaytyn wrote: Any groups in Vancouver or lower mainland area willing to let me join?
i will be starting a multi-line group account next week, pm me.

Vancouver/Lower Mainland.

EDIT: this "group" is for multi-line discount (joining my main account for reduced monthly rate).

this is not a GROUP BUY - i'm not setting up a group buy to obtain simcards/setting up numbers for people.
Last edited by yau1225 on Jun 13th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2017
914 posts
588 upvotes
Calgary
TheNightOwl wrote: Rogers is the Canadian roaming partner.
I would also point out that in some areas you can also roam onto Telus but only if a Rogers signal isn't available. (I believe you can also roam onto Sasktel in SK as well).
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1823 posts
556 upvotes
yau1225 wrote: i will be starting a group next week, pm me.

Messsage vancityguy0, I am in his group.
His instructions are clear and easy to follow to get you setup. It was for the 16GB and not this Walmart one though.

I believe he's almost at 10 people so we are almost at max discount. I am happy with $28 USD anyway.
Jul 4, 2018
19 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yau1225 wrote: i will be starting a group next week, pm me.

messaged
Nov 20, 2016
21 posts
8 upvotes
Is there a way to get more data on these prepaid plans, and use it as a rocket hub replacement?
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
AT&T has unlimited prepaid plans, just look at their options on their website.
Mar 30, 2017
196 posts
105 upvotes
Walmart US website:

1 - Buy an AT&T PREPAID℠ phone from Walmart after 6/9/2019.
2 - Activate a new line on the $50-8GB plan & pay for your first month of service (Note: $40 instead of $50 with autopay)
3 - Get 17GB of bonus data within 10 days.

Our $50/mo. plan includes:
8GB high-speed data plus 17GB bonus high-speed data for use in the U.S., Mexico & Canada
After high-speed data allowance is used, speeds are reduced to max of 128 Kbps.
Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Mexico & Canada
Unlimited text from the U.S. to over 100 countries
Mobile hotspot
Get a $10 discount each month when you sign up for AutoPay

Cheapest Pre-Paid phones: $39.88 USD
1 - AT&T PREPAID Alcatel TETRA 16GB Prepaid Smartphone
2 - AT&T PREPAID AT&T Axia

Also: 2 lines would be $70, 3 lines would be $100, 4 lines would be $120, and 5 lines would be $140.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

natexiao627