Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart US / AT&T

Locked: $40 AT&T 25GB Plan is BACK [Canada / US / Mexico Usage]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 3:44 pm
Jan 24, 2013
361 posts
178 upvotes
Ontario
saffant wrote: Still haven't received my 17GB BONUS data. I have the 8GB BONUS but that's it. Talked to AT&T rep and at first they didn't know of such a promo. Then when she went to "look for it" she finds it. Now they're arguing that the terms don't include autopay hence I'm not eligible. Even tho I specifically told her about the promo on their website and their FAQ section addressing the autopay.

Are these guys as stupid as Rogers? No wonder they work well together. Dumb and dumber.

EDIT: 17GB not 25GB Bonus
So were they able to give you the 17gb after all? I'm in the same boat (only got 8gb), dreading having to call them tomorrow (will be the 10 day mark for me since activation) as I'm sure I'll get the run around from ATT too.
May 14, 2019
80 posts
48 upvotes
I am only getting the 8gb data bonus after 10 days now. Called into att and and wasted an hour without knowing if I will get the additional 9GB of bonus data or not for the total 25GB. The issue I have was because I took out the sim and used it on a different phone than the one I purchased from Walmart. This triggered a different IMEI being logged into their system and as the result, qualified me for their 16GB data which kicked in before the Walmart promo take place. The CSR told me I am qualified for both promos but unfortunately he can’t switched me over to the 25GB and will have to submit a ticket. At this point, I don’t know what is going to happen. He told me they are going to text me if their are any updates, but I am feeling they are just saying that and play the waiting game with me. Not happy about this.

I suggest for those people who sign up a new line from Walmart to leave their sim in the Walmart phone until they receive their bonus data before switching it out. But even after that I don’t know if it will affect the next month bonus data since their system may register a new imei when you try to use it on another phone. This is pretty dumb restriction they have but I am not sure how we can work around it.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1129 posts
525 upvotes
Corunna, ON
I think the sim in phone has no effect. It's just what the reps say as an excuse. I never kept the sim in a phone and still received the bonus.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
CyberXX wrote: But even after that I don’t know if it will affect the next month bonus data since their system may register a new imei when you try to use it on another phone.

Yes ... the concern I've likewise expressed.

CyberXX wrote: This is pretty dumb restriction they have but I am not sure how we can work around it.

Actually, it's a very smart restriction, if the objective of the advertised incentive, is to ensure ongoing loyalty as a Walmart AT&T customer. It demonstrates the sophistication of AT&T infrastructure and systems, if they have the capability to enforce this.

The problem for AT&T, is that whilst their systems technology is advanced, the brains trust in their legal and marketing departments hasn't caught up. Their published T&C's state no such obligation to use the Walmart phone on an ongoing basis.

Unfortunately this defeats the purpose of Canadians wishing to maintain their 17 GB of bonus data. Although the 8 GB of base data is still generous, and the anecdotal evidence of others is that throttling isn't applied in Canada when this is exceeded, with data remaining at full speed. As tororontotim has mentioned, there's also the option of paying for the "premium" plans (priced at $65 and $85) that include unlimited data ... with all plans $50 and above being usable in Canada.
May 14, 2019
80 posts
48 upvotes
proplayer44 wrote: I think the sim in phone has no effect. It's just what the reps say as an excuse. I never kept the sim in a phone and still received the bonus.
Perhaps you got lucky, or I have bad luck. Either way, I still haven’t got my 17GB bonus data even after the 10 days waiting, and there is no sign from the CSR that I will get it. They did specifically told me that the IMEI registered on their system wasn’t the Walmart phone I purchased and I could not say no because I did put the sim into my iPhone 8 Plus to use for a few days because I couldn’t live with the cheap Alcatel tetra phone that I purchased.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1354 posts
566 upvotes
--== Removed ==--

group is full
Last edited by IamTHEvilONE on Jul 7th, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16, 2019
29 posts
36 upvotes
After one hour of conversation with the CSR and the supervisor, I think my hope for getting 25gb of data is nearly vanished. The supervisor said he is not able to switch me to the Walmart promotion (25gb data) because I signed up for autopay and the system applied double data promotion on my account. I argued that this is not reasonable because the terms and conditions of the Walmart promotion don't prohibit me from signing up autopay. The supervisor said he can't do anything in the system. I feel very terrible on AT&T's customer service and the ambiguous terms and conditions of this promotion.

Advice:

1. purchase the prepaid phone and activate the plan, put sim card in the prepaid phone for getting the bonus data without the issue of IMEI check.
2. DON'T sign up for autopay until you receive 17gb bonus data.

My experience with ATT is very terrible. I made four calls to verify my status for Walmart promotion.

1st: I was told that I am qualified for Walmart promotion, just wait for 3 days for the bonus data to be applied.
2nd: I was told that I will receive 17gb bonus data within 10 days. I would also receive both 8gb and 17gb bonus data for the autopay and Walmart promotion. (what a cheater)
3rd: I was told that I didn't receive 17gb bonus data because I didn't put the sim card into the prepaid phone. The CSR asked me to put the sim card back to the prepaid phone and wait for another 10 days.
4th: I spoke with the CSR and supervisor. They told me I am disqualified to the Walmart promotion because I signed up autopay.

I sincerely suggest ATT should provide their CSR and supervisor with a thorough training and tell them being honest is very important.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
evafza wrote: The supervisor said he is not able to switch me to the Walmart promotion (25gb data) because I signed up for autopay and the system applied double data promotion on my account. I argued that this is not reasonable because the terms and conditions of the Walmart promotion don't prohibit me from signing up autopay.

That's unusual, as others - including Jinwon - have reported making their first payment via Autopay, and still receiving their 17 GB bonus data.

I wonder whether this issue shall disappear, for new Walmart connections after July 11? As AT&T's separate "double data" promotion shall have finished by that date. Or shall the issue continue, and it'll mean that folks making their first payment via Autopay risk receiving NO bonus data on their plan?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
evafza wrote: After one hour of conversation with the CSR and the supervisor ... I made four calls

All that heartache, and no joy for you?

Painful.
Dec 23, 2011
184 posts
99 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I signed up for auto pay right away on the first month payment and still received 17gb bonus data
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
Very inconsistent results. This makes recruiting people for a multi line very difficult. Is it possible to activate the phone but never opened the box to get a refund at Walmart?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
Some are being told by AT&T CSR's that swapping their SIM to a Non-Walmart phone after activation, caused them to lose their 17 GB of bonus data. Others are being told it's because they made their first month's payment via Autopay, which the CSR's assert is not supported by the Walmart promotion.

For both scenarios, there are other folk who report they've done both of those things without any adverse repercussions. They've successfully been awarded their bonus data.

It appears the CSR's don't really know what's going on, and just look for "any reason" on the customer's service profile to tell them they're ineligible for the bonus data ... just to get them off the phone.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
evafza wrote: The Walmart guy called the call center to activate my phone. However, he used the zip code of the Walmart location, which is in Washington. I had to call in and change my phone number to the state with no tax (in my case, it is Oregon).
evafza wrote: I called in today and the CSR found that I am using my regular phone instead of the Walmart phone. She said it is the reason that I don't receive the bonus 17GB data.

Evafza, your AT&T service history indicate you've "muddied the waters".

Given your history of:

(1) Calling AT&T after activation, to change your address from Washington to a fake address in Oregon, to evade US state sales tax; and

(2) Swapping your SIM to a Non-Walmart phone, before you'd been granted the 17 GB of bonus data.

There's insufficient evidence to say your failure to be granted the bonus data, has anything to do with making your first month's payment via Autopay.
Jun 16, 2019
29 posts
36 upvotes
banker8 wrote: .

Evafza, your AT&T service history indicate you've "muddied the waters".

Given your history of:

(1) Calling AT&T after activation, to change your address from Washington to a fake address in Oregon, to evade US state sales tax; and

(2) Swapping your SIM to a Non-Walmart phone, before you'd been granted the 17 GB of bonus data.

There's insufficient evidence to say your failure to be granted the bonus data, has anything to do with making your first month's payment via Autopay.

I agree. But I think AT&T makes things complicated, and the inconsistency makes me frustrated.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
evafza wrote: I agree. But I think AT&T makes things complicated, and the inconsistency makes me frustrated.

Yes, it must be frustrating for you. Every time you call, you're given a different reason by the CSR as to why you didn't receive your bonus data.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1110 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
Just to update everyone here... I also had not received any bonus data since activating on June 19th.
I was told your line is eligible you just need to wait... 10 days. OK.

Day 10 came and I was told there are still many hours left in the day and I would need to wait till midnight.
Today day 11 I called in and ask for an update and again I am given the run around. I ask for a supervisor and am told I will be called back in 30 minutes. Well that didn't happen.

So tonight I call in again and this time i'm told that the bonus data is applied after 60 days.. I lost it in on the guy and told him who in their right mind would sign up for such a promotion which is significantly different than what is advertised in store and on their site. I referred him to the Walmart promo terms & conditions where I told him the Walmart phone needed to be purchased after June 9th and activated within 60 days... I told him I followed direction as per the promo and he went back to his supervisor for another 20 minutes... He then came back and was like I have good news for you... I'm like dude... just apply what I'm entitled too... He then put me on hold again and manually added 17gb to my account.

AT&T honestly provides some of the worst customer service out there!!! Guys don't give up... from the 5 calls I placed it seems like the CSR are aware of an issue and are told to reassure you that your eligible and it will apply automatically.

For anyone who hasn't received their bonus data I suggest you call in and refer to their FAQ that if you don't receive the data within 10 days to call in.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.15.02 PM.png
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3088 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
nabate wrote: Just to update everyone here... I also had not received any bonus data since activating on June 19th.
I was told your line is eligible you just need to wait... 10 days. OK.

Day 10 came and I was told there are still many hours left in the day and I would need to wait till midnight.
Today day 11 I called in and ask for an update and again I am given the run around. I ask for a supervisor and am told I will be called back in 30 minutes. Well that didn't happen.

So tonight I call in again and this time i'm told that the bonus data is applied after 60 days.. I lost it in on the guy and told him who in their right mind would sign up for such a promotion which is significantly different than what is advertised in store and on their site. I referred him to the Walmart promo terms & conditions where I told him the Walmart phone needed to be purchased after June 9th and activated within 60 days... I told him I followed direction as per the promo and he went back to his supervisor for another 20 minutes... He then came back and was like I have good news for you... I'm like dude... just apply what I'm entitled too... He then put me on hold again and manually added 17gb to my account.

AT&T honestly provides some of the worst customer service out there!!! Guys don't give up... from the 5 calls I placed it seems like the CSR are aware of an issue and are told to reassure you that your eligible and it will apply automatically.

For anyone who hasn't received their bonus data I suggest you call in and refer to their FAQ that if you don't receive the data within 10 days to call in.
Can you take a screenshot of how the 17gb bonus looks like on your account?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
nabate wrote: he went back to his supervisor for another 20 minutes... He then came back ... He then put me on hold again and manually added 17gb to my account.

The key word being "manually".

Shall you need to face this pain all over again, to have your bonus data applied next month?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
Nguygie wrote: So were they able to give you the 17gb after all? I'm in the same boat (only got 8gb), dreading having to call them tomorrow (will be the 10 day mark for me since activation) as I'm sure I'll get the run around from ATT too.
No, I didn't get the 17GB

I had however used the standard 8 GB and had 3.9GB left on bonus data. The manager I spoke with was so smug...calls me amigo after declaring me ineligible for the 17 GB bonus due to autopay, then says congrats on your double data ie 16 GB.

Another manager I spoke with added 8 GB to my bonus making 11.9GB. Said I'd get 16 GB next month combined??

Anyway I'll see if I can return the phone to a US Walmart. Then repurchase. Not sure yet tbh.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1470 posts
1287 upvotes
Ontario
saffant wrote: The manager I spoke with was so smug...calls me amigo after declaring me ineligible for the 17 GB bonus due to autopay, then says congrats on your double data ie 16 GB.

What a sarcastic pric*k !

It's like they're trying to antagonise you.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)