Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 11:43 am
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2348 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
Just wasn't sure if the multi-line discount applied to this specific offer from Walmart, as there is no mention of it.

Will definitely pick up 2 lines next week in the US. My plan turns over mid July with T-Mobile so I'll port over the number if I can and close that account out.

I can live with 50GB of data in the US and Canada across 2 lines for $70 to AT&T vs. Unlimited US / 5GB Canada for $50 with T-Mobile. I may disconnect the 2nd line after the summer is over and I don't need that much mobile data, or I'll cancel one of my Koodo plans and let my daughter use the AT&T SIM and port her number to VOIP.MS like I did with my old 416 number.
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
torontotim wrote: Just wasn't sure if the multi-line discount applied to this specific offer from Walmart, as there is no mention of it.

Will definitely pick up 2 lines next week in the US. My plan turns over mid July with T-Mobile so I'll port over the number if I can and close that account out.

I can live with 50GB of data in the US and Canada across 2 lines for $70 to AT&T vs. Unlimited US / 5GB Canada for $50 with T-Mobile. I may disconnect the 2nd line after the summer is over and I don't need that much mobile data, or I'll cancel one of my Koodo plans and let my daughter use the AT&T SIM and port her number to VOIP.MS like I did with my old 416 number.
https://www.walmart.com/cp/9888697

Click on monthly plans, scroll to the bottom of the table
Nov 11, 2013
5 posts
Vancouver, BC
I got the ATT Prepaid phone from Bellingham and activated on June 23rd. Looked into my account today and I only got 8 GB of additional data. They told me that the Walmart promo of 17GB only applies for $50 plan and the promos don't stack.... cuz i did the autopay and paid $40 I only get double data ATT promo of 8GB rather than the Walmart 17GB promo. I tried to argue with them but they kept insisting i shouldn't have done the autopay in order to get walmart promo?
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Patrickbighead wrote: I got the ATT Prepaid phone from Bellingham and activated on June 23rd. Looked into my account today and I only got 8 GB of additional data. They told me that the Walmart promo of 17GB only applies for $50 plan and the promos don't stack.... cuz i did the autopay and paid $40 I only get double data ATT promo of 8GB rather than the Walmart 17GB promo. I tried to argue with them but they kept insisting i shouldn't have done the autopay in order to get walmart promo?
Read the entire thread.
Oct 21, 2017
167 posts
99 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: Yeah doesn't work on my end, changing passwords in iOS, dialing "1", dialing 1-888-288-8893, etc.

Dialing 1 says the caller has not provisioned voicemail, goodbye, and hangs up.

Going to see if it works once I'm on a AT&T network.
On Android I got the visual voicemail app to work. Didn't need to setup anything.
AT&T 25GB
Dec 23, 2011
30 posts
11 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Hi all
I wasn't able to update my personal info. It keeps showing system error message once I click update.
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
quickfg2 wrote: Hi all
I wasn't able to update my personal info. It keeps showing system error message once I click update.
I get the same thing.

As personal info isn't required for prepaid, I stopped caring.
May 19, 2008
387 posts
67 upvotes
I activated my phone today. I will use the phone once the bonus data is updated. It was an easy process.
Oct 21, 2017
167 posts
99 upvotes
Has anyone been able to call forward with Fongo? It is still ringing in the app for some reason
AT&T 25GB
Jul 26, 2018
706 posts
824 upvotes
Canada, eh?
souledge wrote: I get the same thing.

As personal info isn't required for prepaid, I stopped caring.
Did you activate the line today? It takes 24-48 hours for their system to actually start accepting the personal info.
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
It works now, but I just changed my name to First Name.
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
JINWON wrote: Just wanted to input my experience with this deal.

Activated 4 lines at once.
Done all in Canada and have not gone to the states yet.
Joined them all into a multi line account before paying.
All done in the afternoon of the 21st.
Sims all left in the Walmart phones until now.
Right around after midnight I see on the prepaid profile online that bonus data has been applied (26th).

One line I tried using the data before promotional data applied. This one continues to use the initial 8gb and promo 17gb untouched

Another line I did not use data roaming at all and waited for the promo data to be applied. After it was applied I started using data. The 8gb plan data started getting used. 17gb promo data untouched.

Will update my findings after one of the 8gb has been used up to see if the 17gb works in Canada.
I'm guessing you activated the phones online from Canada?
Sep 13, 2013
42 posts
25 upvotes
Waterloo
souledge wrote: I'm guessing you activated the phones online from Canada?
Yes i did activations on the website while in Canada
Aug 31, 2006
349 posts
129 upvotes
sirvar wrote: On Android I got the visual voicemail app to work. Didn't need to setup anything.
What app is that?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)