Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2020 8:36 pm
Aug 31, 2006
350 posts
129 upvotes
I lost the option to toggle "Stream Saver" on my account page after I got my bonus gb.. I think I turned it off before it disappeared, but just wondering how I can tell? If it's on, is it impossible to select any resolution above 480p in YouTube videos, or does it just default to <480p but still allow you to select higher res?
Apr 29, 2016
3 posts
Hi, does anyone have an opening in their multiple line discount? I am willing to join for multi line discount
May 7, 2019
175 posts
93 upvotes
KooJo wrote: I lost the option to toggle "Stream Saver" on my account page after I got my bonus gb.. I think I turned it off before it disappeared, but just wondering how I can tell? If it's on, is it impossible to select any resolution above 480p in YouTube videos, or does it just default to <480p but still allow you to select higher res?

If it's turned on, you can't select a higher res for streamed videos. For sites that allow it (Youtube doesn't), you can choose to download videos at a higher resolution, then watch them afterwards.
Dec 21, 2013
4 posts
Langley
I'd like to share my exprience..

I bought 2 Alcatel prepaid phone on Jun 13 and I activated them in Canada and paid by Candaian Master card..

and combined two line (multiline) .. main one is 17G bonus data the other has 8G bonus... after 4 days

I checked everydays on my web page for my using data.. only from base 8 gig..

today I crossed border.. when I come back to Canada I check my data used from bonus data....
May 19, 2008
391 posts
67 upvotes
I bought the flip phone and just received 8 gb bonus after 3 days.
Apr 23, 2016
27 posts
39 upvotes
LONDON, ON
I just want to state the obvious again...if your waiting to get your 17GB promo data DO NOT remove the sim and put in you “regular” phone. I did it, for literally 5 minutes and one call to see if it worked. I then spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T CSR and supervisor. They showed the IMEI switch 2 days after I purchased the phone. They knew the IMEI was an XS MaX. And they reset the IMEI back to my Walmart phone and set up an escalation ticket to get the 17GB bonus. I only swapped for 5 minutes 2 days later and that’s what happened. The supervisor said I was lucky Indidnt put it in a blacklisted device because then it’s almost impossible to get it back. Hope that helps someone be more patient than I am.

John
Nov 8, 2004
63 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
User630876 wrote: I just want to state the obvious again...if your waiting to get your 17GB promo data DO NOT remove the sim and put in you “regular” phone. I did it, for literally 5 minutes and one call to see if it worked. I then spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T CSR and supervisor. They showed the IMEI switch 2 days after I purchased the phone. They knew the IMEI was an XS MaX. And they reset the IMEI back to my Walmart phone and set up an escalation ticket to get the 17GB bonus. I only swapped for 5 minutes 2 days later and that’s what happened. The supervisor said I was lucky Indidnt put it in a blacklisted device because then it’s almost impossible to get it back. Hope that helps someone be more patient than I am.

John
Thanks for re-iterating this! Wish we could sticky this post.
Apr 17, 2014
908 posts
345 upvotes
Corunna, ON
Except I pulled my sim right away and still received 17 gig.
Nov 8, 2004
63 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
proplayer44 wrote: Except I pulled my sim right away and still received 17 gig.
How long did it take to get the promo?
Apr 17, 2014
908 posts
345 upvotes
Corunna, ON
I bought the phone on a Friday night and received the promo text on Monday evening.
Jun 28, 2019
1 posts
FYI, I live in southern California.

Bought an Alcatel flip 2 model 40440 in us for $29.99.

Yes you MUST activate the sim in the Walmart att prepaid phone. Tried to activate the sim in my other smart phone but after 15 days and calling att customer care only received double data. Also their customer care people made a lot of promises like "don't worry your 17gb bonus data will show up in 5 days" just to get rid of you.

Returned the phone to Walmart (before 15 days return period ran out). The fine print doesn't say it must be activated in the Walmart phone but I definitely did NOT get the 17gb activating it on my Galaxy s8.

Will try to buy another phone, activate the sim in the phone, wait 10 days to see if the 17 gb shows up., And possibly wait until the 2nd 17gb arrives the following month before transferring the nano sim to my Galaxy s8.
Apr 20, 2006
125 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Question....I started a multi line account but it only says I have 8GB data? I kept the same plan that I signed up with $50 + autopay = $40 (the AT&T 8GB+8GB = 16GB plan )

Does it show up later?
AT&T 25GB

TANGERINE $0.00 monthly fees
Jun 7, 2009
457 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Katso wrote: Thanks for re-iterating this! Wish we could sticky this post.
This is best practice but not required in all circumstances, as shown by proplayer44.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
1088 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone have buyers remorse and want to sell their line? If so, let me know!