Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] $28/$25 USD - Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE) - Canada / US / Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 7:22 pm
Nov 9, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
at87on wrote: If you're in the GTA and are interested in joining a group, please message me.
I'm looking to setup 1 right now.
I’d love to join! I’ve PM’ed you!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15436 posts
16650 upvotes
I may not go with the group buy because I want to legit bill it through the company.

I hate that my Samsung S10 Plus is not dual sim. I don't want to be old two cell McGee here.
Feb 2, 2011
298 posts
115 upvotes
New Westminster
banker8 wrote: LOL, I wonder whether popular B&B premises in those tax-free states (those that prominently appear in Tripadvisor reviews, etc) have thousands of AT&T customers registered as living there?
I'm with VanCityGuy - and used a B &B address in Oregon, as an address and activated online on the AT&T Prepaid portal the 8gig and 8gig bonus plan. I used the "Brim No F/X fee card, I had to phone in to "BRIM" MC to manually setup a temporary US address ( for 12 months) . Autopaid for $40 usd. on the AT&T portal. The AT&T prepaid sim - I got from vancity guy ( he had bought a few extra sims ). I'll be heading down to Oregon to last week of June/July long weekend to pickup a Walmart AT&T Prepaid phone . If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to join or set up a 2nd vancouver group buy . The same way VanCity Guy has setup 3 months CAD 24 USD converted to CAD ( interact email quarterly)
Jun 7, 2009
458 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
banker8 wrote: Let's see if anyone knows the answer.

As I've mentioned, I'm paying 8% N.Y. state tax each month, on my current AT&T 8GB plan. I'm not too fussed about it. We all need to pay our fair share - and there's less chance of AT&T withdrawing this service from Canadian roamers, if everyone "does the right thing" and contributes, by paying the proper amount of U.S. state tax each month, just like a U.S. local would.

========================
Another thing to consider:
========================

Do you really want to be assigned a weird number with a dodgy unrecognizable area code, in somewhere like Alaska? Are you going to be freely distributing that number of yours (with the Alaskan area code) to everyone, free of embarrassment, as your contact number? To your friends, your boss, your work colleagues, the officials at your children's school, to all your service providers, and to government departments? Think about it.

Although, I guess you could get a Canadian number via a VOIP service, and forward it to your AT&T number ... as some folks are doing. Then distribute your Canadian number to everyone.

As for me ... I no longer have a Canadian number. I'm happy to freely distribute my AT&T number, with it's N.Y. area code, to everyone. If I ever come across a service provider who can't call a U.S. number (I'm yet to encounter one), and specifically requests a Canadian number ... I'll give them my work number (ie, my 416 based office desk phone).
Can always use google voice with a legit area code.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1264 posts
1068 upvotes
Ontario
fsteiner wrote: I'm with VanCityGuy - and used a B &B address in Oregon, as an address and activated online on the AT&T Prepaid portal the 8gig and 8gig bonus plan. I used the "Brim No F/X fee card, I had to phone in to "BRIM" MC to manually setup a temporary US address ( for 12 months) . Autopaid for $40 usd. on the AT&T portal. The AT&T prepaid sim - I got from vancity guy ( he had bought a few extra sims ). I'll be heading down to Oregon to last week of June/July long weekend to pickup a Walmart AT&T Prepaid phone . If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to join or set up a 2nd vancouver group buy . The same way VanCity Guy has setup 3 months CAD 24 USD converted to CAD ( interact email quarterly)

Thanks mate. Lots of useful info. there.

I'll likely pick up my own phone at Walmart U.S., as I make day trips south of the border often enough. I'll be interested in joining a group plan after I buy - I'll let you know at that time.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

Grandfathered? Triangle WE .🔻
Jun 21, 2011
879 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
fsteiner wrote:
I'm with VanCityGuy - and used a B &B address in Oregon, as an address and activated online on the AT&T Prepaid portal the 8gig and 8gig bonus plan. I used the "Brim No F/X fee card, I had to phone in to "BRIM" MC to manually setup a temporary US address ( for 12 months) . Autopaid for $40 usd. on the AT&T portal. The AT&T prepaid sim - I got from vancity guy ( he had bought a few extra sims ). I'll be heading down to Oregon to last week of June/July long weekend to pickup a Walmart AT&T Prepaid phone . If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to join or set up a 2nd vancouver group buy . The same way VanCity Guy has setup 3 months CAD 24 USD converted to CAD ( interact email quarterly)
I'm working on setting up another Vancouver group, with the same rules as Vancityguy0. (I initially wanted to join his group but it was full, but I know how he manages his group.)

I currently have about 8 users (updated June 14 9am PST) showing keen interest to join my group. THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY, this is strictly for joining my account for a discounted rate.

Anyone else that is interested please PM me if you're in the Lower Mainland/Vancouver and wanting to join a multi-line account/group. All spots are first come first served (meaning your spot is NOT confirmed until you setup your account/line, pay your portion of service, and officially join the group)
Last edited by yau1225 on Jun 14th, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15436 posts
16650 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I may not go with the group buy because I want to legit bill it through the company.

I hate that my Samsung S10 Plus is not dual sim. I don't want to be old two cell McGee here.
This plan gets super cheap with multiple lines. Beautiful.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1264 posts
1068 upvotes
Ontario
ilove wrote: Truly sad when a US provider can offer cheaper plans for roaming internationally with Rogers, than what Rogers charges domestically. This proves what a crock of sh*t the long list of excuses big telcos cite when defending their pricing is.

So true.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

Jan 17, 2019
279 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
neptune wrote: As others have said, use a voip service like voip.ms or fongo to port your canadian number; then, forward incoming calls from the canadian number to the att number. You'll pay minimal fees for call forwarding with those services.
Major Canadian telcos are full of cr*p, and this just seems overly complicated. let's support the little telcos! like dotmobile.
dotmobile.app
RFD is a h*ll of a drug
Feb 24, 2007
61 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton
Looking on joining a group if available.

Let me know.

Thanks
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1264 posts
1068 upvotes
Ontario
thelordofminers8 wrote: this just seems overly complicated

Yes, it's not a simple arrangement.

Maybe I just have an addiction for complexity. It keeps life interesting.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2267 posts
1069 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is there anything equivalent with less data and cheaper? Really don't need 16GB.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Apr 17, 2014
942 posts
359 upvotes
Corunna, ON
If you go data only (calling with Google Voice over data or VoIP.ms) you can pay $10 US for 2 gigs of data which also works in Canada.
Jun 21, 2011
879 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
AsianXL wrote: Is there anything equivalent with less data and cheaper? Really don't need 16GB.
off topic...are you the same AsianXL from revscene? lol

to answer your question...no, the cheaper plans have almost no data. ($35 plan has 1gb)

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 0 guests)

Ninjai, neptune, exit401, perfchris