Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Walmart US / AT&T] AT&T Plans for Canada / US / Mexico Usage

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 3:14 pm
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
be careful giving erroneous advice please!!

The new 25gb walmart plan needs to be activated in store and is not eligible for multi line discount therefore your final price after autopay discount is only 40usd

Whereas

the old walmart plan 8 plus 17 and the new 15gb plans are eligible for multi line discounts all the way down to 24usd in a group of 10.

hdave wrote: can i buy from Walmart online and have them ship me a phone and a sim?
Jun 20, 2009
249 posts
258 upvotes
edmonton
perfchris wrote: be careful giving erroneous advice please!!

The new 25gb walmart plan needs to be activated in store and is not eligible for multi line discount therefore your final price after autopay discount is only 40usd

Whereas

the old walmart plan 8 plus 17 and the new 15gb plans are eligible for multi line discounts all the way down to 24usd in a group of 10.

@perfchris , the 8+17gb plans are no longer available from walmart (this was the BEST plan ever and I’m so glad I got on). I have a friend who wants this because he doesn’t like the new Walmart plans. Anyway that he can get this plan now OR do you have spots open to take over?
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
I have a couple of spots on the 15gb plan for 24usd

PM me

Strong group maximum discount
Justin_Case wrote: I’m interested.
Sep 7, 2014
422 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
I wanna swap out to an eSim.
anyone know if this will affect the 8+17gb plan?

has anyone changed from physical sim to eSim before?
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Public Mobile: talk & text
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
Done that many times for my members.

you are good to go!
onewaylove wrote: I wanna swap out to an eSim.
anyone know if this will affect the 8+17gb plan?

has anyone changed from physical sim to eSim before?
Jan 13, 2020
6 posts
1 upvote
got a Brand new sealed AT&T Walmart phone for sale $110 not activated,
Sep 7, 2014
422 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
perfchris wrote: Done that many times for my members.

you are good to go!
Thanks Chris as always.
Have an eSim ready. Just do it on AT&T account page?
Just another reminder guys, if you're trying to get this plan setup, @Perfchris is the person you wanna go with.
AMEX | Chase Bank | Cross-border Banking
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Public Mobile: talk & text
Jun 2, 2015
146 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, have two, possibly three 25GB (8+17) plans on full ML groups up for sale. SIMs required.

$24 USD or $32.40 CAD per month

PM me if interested. I manage 6 Prepaid AT&T accounts, 1 AT&T Postpaid account, 8 Netflix UHD accounts, and one Spotify family account, all on RFD.

EDIT: all gone now, sorry :(
Last edited by mcgreezy on Dec 31st, 2020 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!

I have a couple of 8 plus 17gb walmart plans available for takeover.

SIMs are available and will ship out immediately upon payment.

Cost is 32cad

Solid group and and my members can attest to my responsiveness.

PM me for details
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for the kind words @onewaylove !

You can switch to an esim directly on the paygonline menu.

No need to call in

onewaylove wrote: Thanks Chris as always.
Have an eSim ready. Just do it on AT&T account page?
Just another reminder guys, if you're trying to get this plan setup, @Perfchris is the person you wanna go with.
Jan 20, 2010
84 posts
224 upvotes
Markham
Let the ATT prepaid family members know that your data form AT&T Prepaid will not count if if you sign up HBO Max subscriptio

I am using my mobile hotspot AT&T test it out and the data didn’t even touched moved watch 2 hour movie so sweet can’t wait for wonder woman 1984 tomorrow

Guys if you want to sign up hope onto this guide HBO Max

AT&T members we don’t need a VPN to watch HBO max

hbo-max-subscription-prepay-6-months-20 ... e-2428855/

Worth it
Last edited by itech92 on Dec 25th, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 20, 2009
249 posts
258 upvotes
edmonton
itech92 wrote: Let the ATT prepaid family members know that your data form AT&T Prepaid will not count if if you sign up HBO Max subscriptio

I am using my mobile hotspot AT&T test it out and the data didn’t even touched moved watch 2 hour movie so sweet can’t wait for wonder woman 1984 tomorrow

Guys if you want to sign up hope onto this guide HBO Max

AT&T members we don’t need a VPN to watch HBO max

hbo-max-subscription-prepay-6-months-20 ... #p33742767

Worth it
The data does not seem to be tracking ANY usage right now.
Jan 20, 2010
84 posts
224 upvotes
Markham
dalaw wrote: The data does not seem to be tracking ANY usage right now.
AT&T prepaid will not count for data roaming in Canada you can watch HBO Max If you sign up 4K Wonder Woman 1984 I sign up already 2 weeks ago HBO Max app My AT&T DATA been not moved at for the past two weeks
Nov 2, 2018
348 posts
366 upvotes
itech92 wrote: AT&T prepaid will not count for data roaming in Canada you can watch HBO Max If you sign up 4K Wonder Woman 1984 I sign up already 2 weeks ago HBO Max app My AT&T DATA been not moved at for the past two weeks
It's not showing it, but the reward offer is still active. After you use 17GB it will start showing the regular usage.
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
REMINDER

if one of your members leaves you CANNOT add someone with the walmart plan!

please be mindful of this! please members that are not interested in the walmart plan consider giving up your plan to your admin! There are ways of changing the number!

It penalizes the rest of the group as the 24usd price is for a group of 10! The group becomes smaller, the price rises per member!!!

Happy Holidays Merry Christmas!

perfchris wrote: Hey Admins and Members of other groups.

If you are thinking of dissolving your groups and moving on

Please reconsider!!!

There is a BIG issue!

If you dissolve your group and move your members solo they CANNOT join another group without losing their walmart bonus plan 8 plus 17

They will have to be converted to the 15gb 40usd plan.

Only way around it is by giving up your admin role and number to someone else and keeping these members under same group.

Please be aware of this as I am getting requests to join my groups from fellow members of other groups being dissolved.

Again: you will lose your 8 plus 17 plan if you move to another group to keep your 24 dollar rate.
If you go solo you will revert to 40usd per month solo.

Hope this helps
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3773 posts
3497 upvotes
Muskoka
I haven't been following this thread recently so I don't know what the latest AT&T plans are, but for reference of what else is happening in USA prepaid:

Visible prepaid (Verizon) now has unlimited data plans with 5G where available (capped out at 200Mbps) and unlimited mobile hotspot capped out at 5Mbps
$40.month or $25 with a group.
https://www.visible.com/plan/

Not available in Canada (no roaming) but AT&T may see this and change their plans.
Public Mobile
Jan 10, 2007
816 posts
494 upvotes
Montreal
Visible is owned by Verizon.
Heavily deprioritized and capped at 5mbps.

You are comparing apples to oranges!

Att prepaid is not capped at 5mbps and is not deprioritized in Canada.

Think of deprioritization as if you were at a baseball game with 60000 people all on Verizon and you are on Visible... you need to make a call... you are not prioritized...

oh and you don’t have canada roaming.

So why would att prepaid compare its
plan to this?

It fills a specific need, most definitely not any Canadian’s need.

But thanks for letting us know about this plan!
spots01 wrote: I haven't been following this thread recently so I don't know what the latest AT&T plans are, but for reference of what else is happening in USA prepaid:

Visible prepaid (Verizon) now has unlimited data plans with 5G where available (capped out at 200Mbps) and unlimited mobile hotspot capped out at 5Mbps
$40.month or $25 with a group.
https://www.visible.com/plan/

Not available in Canada (no roaming) but AT&T may see this and change their plans.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3773 posts
3497 upvotes
Muskoka
I guess you did not read my entire post so let me make the point again for you

.... but AT&T might see this and change their plans.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2323 posts
1735 upvotes
perfchris wrote: Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!

I have a couple of 8 plus 17gb walmart plans available for takeover.

SIMs are available and will ship out immediately upon payment.

Cost is 32cad

Solid group and and my members can attest to my responsiveness.

PM me for details
Interest only still, but that CA$32 for the SIM only or for the monthly service? If SIM only, what’s the monthly service fee? SIM only or is eSIM an option?

It comes with the standard 25GB without any additional set up right? US borders currently make it tricky, not to mention that newly activated accounts no longer stacks with the multi line discount unfortunately... :(
Jul 22, 2020
565 posts
77 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: It appears the Walmart Prepaid promo of 8gb + 17gb is now officially over.

The below is only for records-keeping.

Many other deals are still available and actively discussed. See latest pages and thread summary for ongoing details.

****** OBSOLETE BELOW ******

Same deal as this thread but with almost 10gb more:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/t-t-16gb ... #p30803530

This deal you need to purchase a prepaid phone at any Walmart US location, choose this plan, activate autopay.

Pick a cheap prepaid phone, pop the SIM into your regular phone.

IIRC there are no restrictions to using this in Canada and Mexico. See previous thread linked above to confirm.

There are multiline discounts, see the link for further information.
Can someone point me to the new or ongoing post for plans now CURRENTLY available plz? Thinking Face

TIA!