Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart USA] OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15+,144Hz IPS, Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD $799USD

Apr 14, 2002
495 posts
168 upvotes
Damn missed the restock
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Jul 7, 2008
12 posts
2 upvotes
i hesitated for 2 mins and I lost it as well ... damnit !!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3188 posts
1092 upvotes
Morug101 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 8:26 pm
I will never again buy a gaming laptop, heating after few months or few years of use scrap the video card generally. You need to clean the fan often to prevent the heat of playing video games. In my experience, laptop fan dont prevent the heating inside the laptop for a long period of time.
It's not such a big deal if you can open the case and clean the fans and intakes. I haven't had any issues in the past with laptops with high powered GPUs. Then again, I didn't game non-stop on them. I would probably play a few hours max and make sure it was elevated enough to get air in through the vents.
Apr 14, 2002
495 posts
168 upvotes
slickt wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:17 pm
i hesitated for 2 mins and I lost it as well ... damnit !!
I got an order in, came back in stock again.
Jul 7, 2008
12 posts
2 upvotes
i was hitting refresh as well - managed to snag as well - *WHEW*
Apr 13, 2004
145 posts
33 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
How are you guys checking out? I'm checking out with PayPal and the website keeps throwing errors.
Jul 7, 2008
12 posts
2 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 11:30 am
How are you guys checking out? I'm checking out with PayPal and the website keeps throwing errors.
I have had 2 orders cancelled, I don't know what to do :(
Apr 14, 2002
495 posts
168 upvotes
slickt wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 12:35 pm
I paid via PayPal, order still valid.
Orders with cc got cancelled.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1481 posts
694 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
93civicin604 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:34 pm
I politely disagree with you sir.
Linus knows his stuff, even in this video, his diagnosis of the single channel RAM was in the right direction. And that was real time without deep inspection of the laptop.

Two, his opinions are not biassed. Just this week. One of his video was sponsored by Origins PC. Yet another video gave them the worst review out of six PC makers.

Three, he's from Vancouver. Best city in the country, therefore best reviewer in the country.
I am willing to bet he got the single channel ram thing from Bob of all trades. He is the one that discovered it was causing issues
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10563 posts
10631 upvotes
Folks, keep on keeping on... this laptop is a recommended buy from yours' truly.

Consider using CrossBorderPickups for re-shipping from a US mailing address.

God bless.

P.S. What is this tomfoolery?

Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal
Morug101 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 8:26 pm
I will never again buy a gaming laptop, heating after few months or few years of use scrap the video card generally. You need to clean the fan often to prevent the heat of playing video games. In my experience, laptop fan dont prevent the heating inside the laptop for a long period of time.
You mean like almost anything we buy you need to take care of it? How absurd.

A good gaming laptop has ad no problem out living its usefulness.

I have one 6 years old still running strong.

I'll take a proper gaming laptop anyday over a typical consumer grade laptop due to extra functionality and typically better cooling capacity. Again only referring to a properly configured gaming laptop.
Dec 19, 2018
3 posts
slickt wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 12:35 pm
i had my orders cancelled too. i had to call my bank, paypal, and had also emailed walmart. i placed another order after contacting them and my order was processed in a week..... finally picked it up today :)
Oct 13, 2006
227 posts
14 upvotes
I snagged the 15+ last night, but I'm doubting myself a bit. Wondering if the 17+ is a better value since it comes in dual channel ram 16gbx2 config plus the extra real estate and extra hdd. I mean wouldn't it come close to that amount if you bought another set of stick of ram to make it dual channel in a 15+ which gives a big boost in some games, right?

I know the 17+ has a plastic chassis over the aluminium one on the 15+, anyone got some hands on experience with both models?

I found this one unboxing vid, looks like the keyboard layout is different. Hexagonal keys? They look thicker than the 15+.

Also, interesting to see the 15+ now showing as a standard price on the Walmart page and no striked over "regular price" next to the discounted price unlike on the 15 and 17+ pages. What does that mean? 17+ will cost more soon? :o
Nov 7, 2012
159 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 6:33 pm
Folks, keep on keeping on... this laptop is a recommended buy from yours' truly.

Consider using CrossBorderPickups for re-shipping from a US mailing address.

God bless.

P.S. What is this tomfoolery?

How much would it be using CBP?