Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart USA

OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15+,144Hz IPS, Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD $799USD

Jan 6, 2012
220 posts
80 upvotes
Brandon
galiven wrote: Because they are semi-portable. As some of us gamers get older, we're fine with making some compromises on performance for the ability to throw it into a bag and take it to a friend's house for a quick, effortless LAN. Or the ability to move it into the living room to be with our spouses as they enjoy something mindless on TV while we play a game with more than acceptable settings. Sure, you will never get comparable performance to a well-built workstation gaming PC but some of us don't care about eking out that extra 10-20% performance boost or lugging around a tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc...
Super true. Have a Dell 7577 with 7300hq and 1060 Max-Q which gets way more use on the couch nowadays vs my 6700k 1070 setup in the basement/mancave. Plus the wife is starting to show more of an interest in games vs reality TV on our lazy nights in. Win-Win!
"DOORBUSTER" - LENOVOGATE 2014 😥
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
93civicin604 wrote: How did you enter your Canadian billing address? It didn't allow me to select BC nor enter a postal code.
You have to check out with PayPal.
Apr 2, 2013
999 posts
1213 upvotes
Barrie
galiven wrote: Because they are semi-portable. As some of us gamers get older, we're fine with making some compromises on performance for the ability to throw it into a bag and take it to a friend's house for a quick, effortless LAN. Or the ability to move it into the living room to be with our spouses as they enjoy something mindless on TV while we play a game with more than acceptable settings. Sure, you will never get comparable performance to a well-built workstation gaming PC but some of us don't care about eking out that extra 10-20% performance boost or lugging around a tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc...
This. I don't get the mentality of desktop owners who scoff at a gaming laptop like this, then go post a comparable desktop with nearly the same specs for more than this, that doesn't have a monitor (let alone a 144hz one). Why can't we enjoy what we enjoy? I have an Alienware 15 R3 with a GTX 1070 and it's been fantastic. And yes I do take it to my parents place to game with my nephew and brother, and to friends places for LAN parties. I take it to my in-laws as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
syn3rgetic wrote: The amount of people who cannot/refuses read astounds me.
People do a lot worse things than not reading. Nothing shocking here. Keep spoon feeding.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1566 posts
1534 upvotes
Sheex wrote: I know it's a joke, but people actually do post UK and other country deals. if after conversion it's still considerably lower than what you would get it at if you were to purchase it here, why not post it? It could also be a product that isn't readily available here. Like this one. How many i7 laptops with a 1060 can you find for under $1200? The 144hz display alone makes this worthy of posting. Even after duty and paying some forwarding company it still becomes a pretty warm deal as you'd be paying much more for a similar laptop here. if you can pick it up yourself though, it's lava hot!

Just because a deal isn't readily available to you doesn't mean it isn't a deal. It's actually a pretty hot deal for those who can get it. The title of the thread says Walmart USA, so if you can't or aren't willing to shop there why are you even in the thread?

I'd love to get one, but my passport expired. If anyone is going to pick up multiple send me a pm.
As I've repeatedly told admins here. There needs to be a separate forum for US deals. It's just a pain like this and it doesn't make any sense at all. The only thing they've ever said about it to me is that they're thinking of implementing a filter for US deals, but that doesn't seem to ever have happened. The anger on this site about US deals is not about them being here, it's about them being misleading because you have to be very careful to spot them. Mixing deals in different currencies in the same forum is extremely annoying.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1566 posts
1534 upvotes
On the actual topic, this is a pretty good deal. Don't let the reviews of the desktops sway your opinion, because they come from a totally different OEM. Tongfang built these laptops and the reviews at at least passable. I probably wouldn't buy one because the warranty support in Canada is non-existant. But it's a good option if you're on a tight budget.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
Flunk wrote: As I've repeatedly told admins here. There needs to be a separate forum for US deals. It's just a pain like this and it doesn't make any sense at all. The only thing they've ever said about it to me is that they're thinking of implementing a filter for US deals, but that doesn't seem to ever have happened. The anger on this site about US deals is not about them being here, it's about them being misleading because you have to be very careful to spot them. Mixing deals in different currencies in the same forum is extremely annoying.
only 0.00001 % of posts here are American deals though
Dec 19, 2018
3 posts
I've tried to check out with Paypal.
I've tried my Paypal bank and Paypal credit card, but Walmart cancels my order due to billing address.

Could someone kindly provide advice.
Thanks.
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
TheGuard wrote: This. I don't get the mentality of desktop owners who scoff at a gaming laptop like this, then go post a comparable desktop with nearly the same specs for more than this, that doesn't have a monitor (let alone a 144hz one). Why can't we enjoy what we enjoy? I have an Alienware 15 R3 with a GTX 1070 and it's been fantastic. And yes I do take it to my parents place to game with my nephew and brother, and to friends places for LAN parties. I take it to my in-laws as well.
I could see several years ago there was a huge price gap between similar spec desktop vs laptop.

I need a new work computer (currently a laptop) and I rarely move it around, I just have a separate keyboard/monitor and use the laptop screen as my 2nd monitor. I was planning on building a desktop, checked the lenovo deal thread and basically identical 17" business class laptop was $100 cheaper and the only downgrade was the CPU and it was minimal. It is getting to the point that it is not really worth it unless you find it fun.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1134 posts
831 upvotes
I think for the above mentioned reasons I’m
Going to get something with a thunderbolt port. If I really need to game, I’ll get an egpu. Best of both worlds ?
Apr 24, 2013
933 posts
730 upvotes
Waterloo
Interesting perspective. I can understand your reasoning but I personally know ppl that buy them for no apparent reason and got frustrated with them and moved back to desktop
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
nimfomanijak wrote: Interesting perspective. I can understand your reasoning but I personally know ppl that buy them for no apparent reason and got frustrated with them and moved back to desktop
You personally know dumb 'ppl'.
Nov 20, 2017
502 posts
748 upvotes
Manic1! wrote: So if a chain like London Drugs has a deal no one should be allowed to post it because London Drugs is only in the west\ so not available to all Canadians?
Let's explore this, looking at it as groups of people that have different requirements.

Is there a decent Canadian site you know of that has provincial-only deals which would allow separation between West/East? My guess is no, because it doesn't exist. RFD is working on a geographic filter, but it's not there yet. People that want **only** Canadian deals basically **only** have RFD, and it's currently quite noisy with all the US deals.

Why is this a problem? Users will get tired of receiving alerts for deals they can't get, which makes them want to use the site less, which means you're less likely to hear about good deals they've found.

If US-deals are banned from RFD, do you know a decent site that has great info on US-only deals? If not, I recommend Dealnews, the site I use. It is way better than RFD if you're looking for "great deals" because it's 100% US deals will always beat Canadian prices (due to healthcare, taxes, wages, scale, complicated reasons, blah blah). Seriously, just sign up to a US-only deal site.

That's why US/African/UK/Spanish deals have no place on a Canadian forum; they're competing in a totally different economic environment.

So, the groups and their options:
- Canadian that CAN access US-deals: Use RFD and Dealnews for best of both worlds
- Canadian that CANNOT access US-deals: Use RFD, wait for sorting filter for provincial deals
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DEARDEER wrote: I've tried to check out with Paypal.
I've tried my Paypal bank and Paypal credit card, but Walmart cancels my order due to billing address.

Could someone kindly provide advice.
Thanks.
Are you selecting in store pick up and a border store? Or trying to ship it to your house?
Dec 19, 2018
3 posts
brobinsoncc wrote: Are you selecting in store pick up and a border store? Or trying to ship it to your house?
I am shipping to a PO box by the border in the States.
Were you successful ? Which option did you choose? Paypal credit, Paypal bank, or Paypal balance ?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DEARDEER wrote: I am shipping to a PO box by the border in the States.
Were you successful ? Which option did you choose? Paypal credit, Paypal bank, or Paypal balance ?
I did in store pick up with PayPal on my Visa
Dec 10, 2003
510 posts
576 upvotes
Vancouver #1
brobinsoncc wrote: I did in store pick up with PayPal on my Visa
What are you gonna do about the RAM? Buy another 16gig gold key or sell your 16gig gold key?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1876 posts
1480 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
93civicin604 wrote: What are you gonna do about the RAM? Buy another 16gig gold key or sell your 16gig gold key?
My buddy bought one too. I think we’re going to put the 2 gold key sticks in one and split the cost of the 16gb kit for the other one.

Question is, what’s better ? 32GB of the Goldkey or 16GB of namebrand Ram?
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Stay far away! Just google any video where they check out how bad these are.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)