Hot Deals

[Walmart USA] OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 15+,144Hz IPS, Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD $799USD

Oct 22, 2012
717 posts
414 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 12:16 pm
My buddy and I picked it up the morning and we’re somehow lucky enough not to have to pay duty. Showed them the receipt for 2 and everything. Deal just got hotter for me
Grats, post some cpuz screenshots and some benchmarks!
Dec 10, 2003
330 posts
169 upvotes
Went to Blaine to pick up from 5D package. Only $2 per package with no annual fees and free to register.

Was nervous crossing back because I didn't want to get taxed. thankfully, my line up ended with a cutie , like a younger Sandra Bullock. Thick frame cat eye glasses. Told her I got a $800 laptop. She was surprised at the high price. So I told her it's a gaming laptop. She asked who it's for. I said it for me. She waved me through.

Playing some over watch in stock setting to get a baseline before I undervolt. So far I get 100fps on medium in overwatch.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1790 posts
61 upvotes
Just picked up the unit from port Huron. No taxes coming back in! Deal is even hotter now.
Feb 10, 2014
265 posts
117 upvotes
Montr

I'm one of those folks who admits when he's wrong. Looks like, just avoid Overpowered Desktops. The Laptops are better reviewed!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1329 posts
546 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Coresu wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:19 pm
Linus Tech Tips and Gamers Nexus had a field day just ripping on these "Overpowered" pc's....Dont buy based on their reviews...

Ready to eat some crow?

Edit- I never saw your post above haha. My bad. That’s what I was trying to tell you lol. Totally different beasts. I love this laptop, beautiful screen and now bought some dual channel memory and sold my stick to another RFD user.

Also to these guys

Bobbyboosted wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 12:06 am
wtf... dont buy overpower stuff, they are ripping the ''average'' consumer who don't know shit about their pc or laptop. they use china tier part and sell em tier S price. Many bad review about walmart pc or laptop. Do not recommend. even youtubers are laughing at walmart shit.
ayogtc wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 4:17 pm
there are tons of videos on youtube showcasing why you shouldnt buy a gaming computer from walmart. aside from shipping completely wrong computers, it seems like walmart has doesn't care at all how the computers are put together, slamming parts together all willy nilly. be prepared to returns and headache. pass.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2003
1790 posts
61 upvotes
Coresu wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm one of those folks who admits when he's wrong. Looks like, just avoid Overpowered Desktops. The Laptops are better reviewed!
Not sure why so many people take what Linus or any other pundits have to say as useful info. Linus et al are for the most part, youtube clowns making a show versus actually reviewing products. Taking Linus' advice for buying a computer is like watching Unbox Therapy to decide what phone to buy.
Apr 14, 2002
470 posts
143 upvotes
Anyone in Vancouver change their minds about keeping the unit? Send me a pm.
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Nov 24, 2016
576 posts
524 upvotes
The laptop itself shouldn't be that bad. I think people are giving it too much bad publicity because it's a Walmart. Most of the bad rap is from YouTubers but it's about the desktops. These specs are amazing for the price if you can't even appreciate that then just move on. You will not be able to find a laptop here with those specs at that price point.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1329 posts
546 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MastaOogway wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:14 am
The laptop itself shouldn't be that bad. I think people are giving it too much bad publicity because it's a Walmart. Most of the bad rap is from YouTubers but it's about the desktops. These specs are amazing for the price if you can't even appreciate that then just move on. You will not be able to find a laptop here with those specs at that price point.
I can confirm, once you swap out the single stick of ram for dual channel, it’s fantastic.
May 10, 2018
35 posts
95 upvotes
The link is in shortened form with bit.ly, might come with trackers, even with something not expected
Nov 19, 2015
754 posts
793 upvotes
fergus
brobinsoncc wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 12:16 pm
My buddy and I picked it up the morning and we’re somehow lucky enough not to have to pay duty. Showed them the receipt for 2 and everything. Deal just got hotter for me
I am so happy for you that you got a great deal and you showed all those nay sayers that it is possible to get a good deal if you just put some effort.

Keep up the great work and keep posting.
Oct 22, 2012
717 posts
414 upvotes
The 15 inch 1050 is back in Stock for $499 USD! Awesome screen with solid specs for a student who does some light gaming too. The screen alone should be worth a few hundred.
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Dec 27th, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 14, 2002
470 posts
143 upvotes
The 17" seems to be a good deal too.
Heat/Beerology: akira112
Nov 3, 2010
435 posts
314 upvotes
FlukeSkywalker wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 12:50 pm
The 15 inch 1050 is back in Stock for $499 USD! Awesome screen with solid specs for a student who does some light gaming too. The screen alone should be worth a few hundred.
This is an even better deal than OP. If anyone plans on going over to pick this one up LMK I can compensate you if you pick one up for me as well!
Dec 10, 2003
330 posts
169 upvotes
nitro wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 7:59 pm
Not sure why so many people take what Linus or any other pundits have to say as useful info. Linus et al are for the most part, youtube clowns making a show versus actually reviewing products. Taking Linus' advice for buying a computer is like watching Unbox Therapy to decide what phone to buy.
I politely disagree with you sir.
Linus knows his stuff, even in this video, his diagnosis of the single channel RAM was in the right direction. And that was real time without deep inspection of the laptop.

Two, his opinions are not biassed. Just this week. One of his video was sponsored by Origins PC. Yet another video gave them the worst review out of six PC makers.

Three, he's from Vancouver. Best city in the country, therefore best reviewer in the country.