Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Ventura 8 people tent $75 clearance [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2015 10:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1143 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] Ventura 8 people tent $75 clearance [YMMV]

I was at the Walmart near Vaughan Mills at Jane/Hwy7 and saw this Ventura 8people tent for sale at $75. I think it is a hot deal considering 8 people tent usually is over $100 regular price.

The model is not available on Walmart website anymore so it should be a clearance model. I saw at least more than 10 available (as of 4pm today) in the outdoor section as well as the clearance asile left of the front entrance.

[IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd85 ... hrucah.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd85 ... 2tenml.jpg[/IMG]
18 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
How sturdy is this? Will it stand up well to windy and rainy weather?
Dec 31, 2010
903 posts
418 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: How sturdy is this? Will it stand up well to windy and rainy weather?
It should be fine.
The real problem is putting it together and cleaning it - I'd imagine with a tent this size, it would be a massive pain in the butt.
Especially if you get rained on, and wet.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3607 posts
1687 upvotes
'Shwallywood
ZeroToHero wrote: It should be fine.
The real problem is putting it together and cleaning it - I'd imagine with a tent this size, it would be a massive pain in the butt.
Especially if you get rained on, and wet.
I've got a 12 person cabin, and its very easy to clean. Size really doesn't play a factor in the cleaning aspect

Putting it together/taking down does require 2 people though
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7114 posts
3632 upvotes
Moncton, NB
nellium wrote: I've got a 12 person cabin, and its very easy to clean. Size really doesn't play a factor in the cleaning aspect

Putting it together/taking down does require 2 people though
I agree with you. And cleaning a tent can be anoying but in the end will extend his life for a long time. When I get he from a trip I usually put the tent up in my yard and if it's dirty (especially if yoi go camping in PEI with their red dirt) I would take the hose and and clean the outside with low pressure then let it dry.

I have a coleman tent, a ventura tent and a no name tent that was an overstock/mistake/no name from a outdoor store lol and so far their are still good :)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12290 posts
6075 upvotes
Nice price,We bought a woods brand or something from sears a couple years when there were 499 on for 100 and its been great however we want another cheaper tent for home with the kids this would work
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
2006 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
From the looks of the picture on the tent, there is no floor. Can anyone verify this? I wouldn't exactly want to sleep on dirt. Also rain would flood the ground.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2726 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto wrote: From the looks of the picture on the tent, there is no floor. Can anyone verify this? I wouldn't exactly want to sleep on dirt. Also rain would flood the ground.
That's just the screened in vestibule that has no floor.
Apr 29, 2009
160 posts
37 upvotes
Ladysmith
I bought this last year on clearance. It leaks all over the place. Bad deal unless u pair it with a massive tarp
Nov 5, 2012
72 posts
29 upvotes
please buy a coleman or woods.. this one is not up to the mark and no floor.. fails miserably even for a small drizzle...
Dec 23, 2012
150 posts
385 upvotes
[quote="jimsmith" post_id="23009639" time="1436702784" user_id="43271"]Not sure about the name "ISIS CREEK" :-0

Thats why on sale. :razz:
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12290 posts
6075 upvotes
tha_dub wrote: I bought this last year on clearance. It leaks all over the place. Bad deal unless u pair it with a massive tarp
Will stick with just my woods then,
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21316 posts
4537 upvotes
YUL
Cheap tents like this are good for this first camping trip or two. After that, they'll leak, so you better pray that it doesn't rain on your trip if you've used this on one or more camping trip. For tents, go to a real camping place that has quality tents like MEC. I have a Wanderer 4 tent from MEC. Cost me about $250, but I've had it for 10 years and camp at least once a year. Handles the heavy rain storms like a champ. Also, after camping, make sure you dry out your tent, otherwise packing up a wet tent will destroy it, especially if you're storing it.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1662 posts
330 upvotes
vivek6686 wrote: please buy a coleman or woods.. this one is not up to the mark and no floor.. fails miserably even for a small drizzle...
Home depot has a 8 person tent for 83 bucks down from 150ish

http://m.homedepot.ca/product/productde ... 78&lang=EN

Its the Coleman Cimmaron 8 person tent ... Probably YMMV as some stores show it 108.
Oshawa store shows it for 83 if anyone is interested.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1804 posts
1255 upvotes
locodawg wrote: Home depot has a 8 person tent for 83 bucks down from 150ish

http://m.homedepot.ca/product/productde ... 78&lang=EN

Its the Coleman Cimmaron 8 person tent ... Probably YMMV as some stores show it 108.
Oshawa store shows it for 83 if anyone is interested.
Didn't know HD carried tents. Non-mobile link for anyone who wants it: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/cimmaro ... ent/428478

Port Coquitlam shows 7 in stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1662 posts
330 upvotes
zero64 wrote:Didn't know HD carried tents. Non-mobile link for anyone who wants it: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/cimmaro ... ent/428478

Port Coquitlam shows 7 in stock.
Yea neither did the guy I was talking to said they got them in for the may long weekend, and they are now clearing them out.
They also had Coleman sleeping bags for $30.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2101 posts
684 upvotes
I just came back from a camping trip along with a large group of people. With the storm we had last night, all those families that had these Ventura, Broadstone or even Coleman tents experienced different degree of water leakage in their tents. They all felt so miserable that they promised to never camp again. The Ventura tents were the worst of all. The only family that survived was mine, not even had to set up a tarp on top of our tent to divert the water. We own a Woods tent. With high tub style floor and fly that reaches the ground, there was not even a millimeter of water that leaked in our tent. I was so happy that I had invested a bit more to get a better tent. It really paid off. So, please invest in purchasing a better tent since you never know if you are going to get caught in such a storm we had last night, in your next camping trip.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)