• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 9:04 am
[OP]
Dec 25, 2006
569 posts
454 upvotes
Ottawa

[Walmart] Walmart Clearance Blowout

Seems to be a few decent deals. I apologise if this has been posted already.
40 replies
Sep 30, 2015
608 posts
861 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Maybe I'm just missing it but I don't really see anything that interesting listed.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2557 posts
1655 upvotes
montreal
Ice maker would have been nice for summer parties, but discount is still too low (250 down to 190) ...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19451 posts
8936 upvotes
Oakville
Yeah, if you're gonna post a link to a "sale" with over 2600 items, it might be worth pointing out a few of the items that you think are reasonably good deals.
Nov 21, 2006
26 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Just at a quick glance (original vs clearance price), this seems like decent deal. However, not sure if the price has been lower in previous sales.

Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker with Sous Vide Original price $170. Clearance price $69.
Last edited by princ3ss on May 28th, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2011
870 posts
226 upvotes
Newcastle
I looked at 750 of the most expensive items, with nothing looking like that great of a deal to me.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14618 posts
4750 upvotes
Montreal
Walmart is really jacking the prices lately, and it's getting pretty obvious.

Some of my bathroom stuff was getting low, so when I went there I tracked the prices to see if anything was on sale - I went 4 weeks in a row and regular prices jumped each week.

On a small tube of Crest 3D White, it started out at 2.79, then went to $2.87, and then to $2.97, and now it's at $3.17. WTF? I know Canada has zero competition for them, but this is getting insane.

If this trend continues, that little tube of toothpaste will cost me $15 at the end of a year.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2098 posts
772 upvotes
burlington, on
There are clearance at Walmart all year long,maybe you should post something specific if it is really interesting
Aug 10, 2013
447 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
JackWhyte wrote: Walmart is really jacking the prices lately, and it's getting pretty obvious.

Some of my bathroom stuff was getting low, so when I went there I tracked the prices to see if anything was on sale - I went 4 weeks in a row and regular prices jumped each week.

On a small tube of Crest 3D White, it started out at 2.79, then went to $2.87, and then to $2.97, and now it's at $3.17. WTF? I know Canada has zero competition for them, but this is getting insane.

If this trend continues, that little tube of toothpaste will cost me $15 at the end of a year.
I agree!
I pass!
Thanks Op anyway!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2214 posts
1347 upvotes
North Vancouver
Audio Technica Closed-back headphones,ATH-S700BT over-ear with device control, $98 (reg $199.96), looks like a good deal. Has good reviews on Amazon. SKU #6000199058165
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1169 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: Walmart is really jacking the prices lately, and it's getting pretty obvious.

Retailers are inflating prices like crazy these past couple years to pad their pockets. Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. They're all guilty of it. Amazon needs to pounce harder on Canada to keep prices competitive.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2214 posts
1347 upvotes
North Vancouver
Audio Technica Closed-back Hi-Res Audio headphones, ATH-SR5BK on-ear with device control, $78 (reg 149.96), SKU #6000199057785
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2557 posts
1655 upvotes
montreal
Newpunk wrote: Retailers are inflating prices like crazy these past couple years to pad their pockets. Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. They're all guilty of it. Amazon needs to pounce harder on Canada to keep prices competitive.
Yet, Amazon is probably the one playing the most with their prices ...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1243 posts
2345 upvotes
Montreal
You can just type clearance in walmart's search bar year round and it will redirect to their clearance center of their site.

If you want walmart deals your better off just checking stocktrack's price drop list as they would likely show you the newest things that are discounted rather than look through the same stuff in the clearance center that no one's buying.
Apr 6, 2017
820 posts
1294 upvotes
The prices arent cheap at walmart. Saw a kids book for 15 bucks and it was selling for 10 bucks on Amazon.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14618 posts
4750 upvotes
Montreal
This should be called a "Back to Regular Prices" Sale.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1169 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
superbigjay wrote: Yet, Amazon is probably the one playing the most with their prices ...
They play with their prices often, sure, but they're not generally the best price on items shipped/sold by Amazon because their spiders match the best price from popular retailers.
Feb 18, 2014
647 posts
1259 upvotes

The slow price creep is part of their shady pricing strategy... in a week or two there will be big signage where the Crest 3D White will be "rollback" to $2.79. People who haven't been keeping track will interpret it as a sale.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27391 upvotes
Scarborough
Went through about 10 pages and couldn't find anything good. I laughed when I saw that a few items were being cleared out at 1 cent off.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14223 posts
4726 upvotes
Toronto
To the OP:

Walmart constantly has clearance stuff on their site, very few of us have time to browse through thousands of items. Please post the items that you feel are Hot Deals, along with links to them.

You post is equivalent to saying "Great deals on Amazon.ca, check it out!"