• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2018 12:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6046 posts
2084 upvotes

[Walmart] Walmart Maple ON (YMMV) Sweet Corn 5 Cents ea

Walmart on Major Mackenzie in Maple ON has an entire skid of tote boxes full of fresh corn on the cob - a nickel a cob.
When I was there late yesterday the corn was fresh and cold (having just come out of the cooler).

A slightly off topic rant - Why do people have to make such a bloody mess peeling the corn and throwing the husks everywhere?
4 replies
May 4, 2011
406 posts
273 upvotes
Doesn’t usually walmart usually price match if they see lower by default when they say “you won’t find corn anywhere else” I mean that’s what they did with the cherries. I wonder who they’re price matching
Apr 8, 2005
904 posts
599 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 7:16 am
A slightly off topic rant - Why do people have to make such a bloody mess peeling the corn and throwing the husks everywhere?
Totally. I have to bite my tongue. My local Walmart doesn't seem to mind as they put a garbage bin right there, but at Food Basics they have a sign saying 'please don't peel the corn' yet all the old ladies are in there peeling up a storm. Ridiculous, especially at the price per cob.
Mar 6, 2015
306 posts
121 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
Mykolas wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 11:57 am
Totally. I have to bite my tongue. My local Walmart doesn't seem to mind as they put a garbage bin right there, but at Food Basics they have a sign saying 'please don't peel the corn' yet all the old ladies are in there peeling up a storm. Ridiculous, especially at the price per cob.
Don mills and finch no frills had a sign that said $1 if u husked the corns. I hope it didnt getthat vad.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1305 posts
2107 upvotes
It's a great price. I was just there! Forgot to check red before I left Face With Tears Of Joy

But yeah the mess people make it's just no consideration for others. Makes me wonder if they are that messy at home. I always make sure I peel over the bin as it could be a slip hazard too.