• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 2:05 pm
[OP]
Dec 30, 2012
400 posts
666 upvotes
SURREY

[Walmart] Walmart West Coast AAA Prime Rib for $6.77/lb

Walmart has AAA prime rib out West for $6.77/ lb.

It’s nots not as good as Walmart out east for $5.44/lb or RCSS East for $4.98/ lb but it’ll have to make due.

Offer valid from Dec 19 - Dec 25th
Images
  • 7846C07A-F2E4-4253-A61B-7F7BEE762BB3.jpeg
16 replies
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
The West seems to always get screwed on these deal :(
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1038 posts
3643 upvotes
Van Isle
Laughable price and the fact Walmart is involved makes this a double ice-cold deal. The go/nogo price for me on prime rib is $4.99/lb. What say others?
inappropriate signature
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3591 posts
2293 upvotes
Vancouver
It’s a decent price for the people who missed the Loblaws sale last week for $5.88.

If you don’t have a roast for the holidays, this is probably your last chance for a cheap one.
Dec 22, 2003
972 posts
87 upvotes
Calgary
they’re all precut and prepackaged. largest i found was 1.88kg.
Jul 26, 2008
162 posts
106 upvotes
Sidney
Sadly is it a good price depending on where you are on the West Coast. But I agree, I've never been able to find one much bigger than a thick steak. When I buy a roast, it's always at least 3-4 bones. (are these still "tenderized"?)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3591 posts
2293 upvotes
Vancouver
jaymarchant wrote: Sadly is it a good price depending on where you are on the West Coast. But I agree, I've never been able to find one much bigger than a thick steak. When I buy a roast, it's always at least 3-4 bones. (are these still "tenderized"?)
Walmart targeting at Walmart demographics, I doubt you’ll find a big piece. Head to Loblaws for non-tenderized big cuts.
Images
  • E521DF0C-A0C8-46CC-9224-2D6B2A936A3F.jpeg
Dec 3, 2018
54 posts
20 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Walmart targeting at Walmart demographics, I doubt you’ll find a big piece. Head to Loblaws for non-tenderized big cuts.
Wasn't the loblaws sale for last week?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10192 posts
2749 upvotes
Walmart in my city near Edmonton has really good meat, never have an issue, I buy the ribeyes whenever they are on sale.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5648 posts
2490 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
FWIW, one of my neighbours used to be a meat cutter/kill liner (so he presumably knows his meat) and thinks beef cattle in the west is bigger than in the east.

I went to Walmart and most of the the cuts were small as usual. Probably to stop people making off with huge pieces.

All mechanically tenderised. RCSS has larger cuts (but no claims as to cattle breed of meat grade) at maybe $1/Kg.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7725 posts
1607 upvotes
Was just in Walmart, saw the steak were wrapped in normal packaging, saran with a foam tray but then the whole thing is sealed in an air bubble... Like those air filled plastic bags for packaging you get form Amazon to protect and buffer between the shipping item(s) and the box but there is a tray of steak inside of it...
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
May 10, 2008
552 posts
482 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
hdom wrote: Was just in Walmart, saw the steak were wrapped in normal packaging, saran with a foam tray but then the whole thing is sealed in an air bubble... Like those air filled plastic bags for packaging you get form Amazon to protect and buffer between the shipping item(s) and the box but there is a tray of steak inside of it...
I wonder if the bubble is to prevent shoplifters from stuffing them in their purses or under their clothes....

Only small pieces left when I was at the grandview hwy location just now. Good luck everyone!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3591 posts
2293 upvotes
Vancouver
Angel Girl wrote: I wonder if the bubble is to prevent shoplifters from stuffing them in their purses or under their clothes....

Only small pieces left when I was at the grandview hwy location just now. Good luck everyone!
It's carbon monoxide to keep the meat looking fresh - been happening for over a decade.

If it were for theft prevention, they would attach it to a big cheap piece of plastic or cardboard, similar to the way Costco sells abalone cans.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5648 posts
2490 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Spinner wrote: It's carbon monoxide to keep the meat looking fresh - been happening for over a decade.

If it were for theft prevention, they would attach it to a big cheap piece of plastic or cardboard, similar to the way Costco sells abalone cans.
I bought two last time. One of them deflated and the meat became brown looking.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1783 posts
972 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
RCSS priced match this. Still a little pricey but I picked up a very generous two rib for around $42. It was still pretty massive LOL.
Jun 13, 2007
71 posts
31 upvotes
Only single bone pieces at Metrotown Walmart. Bought one to cut into steaks.. don't think I can balance it on the single bone for a roast Confused Face
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5648 posts
2490 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I cooked mine (1 rib) in a dutch oven at 200F until it was ~100-105F inside then browned it over the grill. Very nice.