• Sep 16th, 2021 10:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2452 posts
1181 upvotes
GTA

[Walmart] Warm - Jabra Elite 85t with wireless charging - refurbished- $147

Jabra 85t refurb with wireless charging for $147.
Thread Summary
If you're shopping around, take a look at RFD Reviews' to picks for the best wireless earbuds!
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4491 upvotes
M-Arkham
Any reason I should upgrade to this from my 65t which is still going strong?

Btw, I love my 65t
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Nov 24, 2010
147 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty low review rating.
Images
  • Jabra.JPG
Jun 16, 2021
39 posts
33 upvotes
It is certainly better than 65t active but... the 65t was less than a third of the price at refurbished status. In my opinion no matter how good it is it is not close to 3x better
Jan 28, 2013
776 posts
1092 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Brewmeanie wrote: Any reason I should upgrade to this from my 65t which is still going strong?

Btw, I love my 65t
Less ear fatigue because of the shape. Better mics. Wireless charging case. More juice. ANC.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2493 posts
1015 upvotes
North York
SPYderBra wrote: It is certainly better than 65t active but... the 65t was less than a third of the price at refurbished status. In my opinion no matter how good it is it is not close to 3x better
Additionally, jabra in general are not considered to be great music quality. If I was going to pay 150+ I would be looking elsewhere since music is one of my main uses. That said, these are disposable products so paying 42 for 65t is preferable.

The people buying two are shopping addictions btw lol. There will be something better with fresher batteries in a couple years!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2205 posts
1411 upvotes
Kitchener
quazy wrote: Additionally, jabra in general are not considered to be great music quality. If I was going to pay 150+ I would be looking elsewhere since music is one of my main uses. That said, these are disposable products so paying 42 for 65t is preferable.

The people buying two are shopping addictions btw lol. There will be something better with fresher batteries in a couple years!
I used to think the same, in terms of music quality, but have been pleasantly surprised in the last year or so with Jabra. I have the 75t and actually like the sound a bit more then my Sony WF-1000XM3 (and battery life is much better on Jabra) and my Samsung buds pros. For work I just got the over the ear 85s and they are actually really nice.

That being said if I really want to zone out or am listening to something special I will popping my corded custom IEMs or go sit in my stereo room.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2493 posts
1015 upvotes
North York
keyser-soze wrote: I used to think the same, in terms of music quality, but have been pleasantly surprised in the last year or so with Jabra. I have the 75t and actually like the sound a bit more then my Sony WF-1000XM3 (and battery life is much better on Jabra) and my Samsung buds pros. For work I just got the over the ear 85s and they are actually really nice.

That being said if I really want to zone out or am listening to something special I will popping my corded custom IEMs or go sit in my stereo room.
So far i am finding 65t actually sounds pretty good with wavelet turned on to the 65t profile. Mids could be more clear, open, but this is pretty common from headphones that aren't at the highest end.
Dec 13, 2019
591 posts
465 upvotes
keyser-soze wrote: I used to think the same, in terms of music quality, but have been pleasantly surprised in the last year or so with Jabra. I have the 75t and actually like the sound a bit more then my Sony WF-1000XM3 (and battery life is much better on Jabra) and my Samsung buds pros. For work I just got the over the ear 85s and they are actually really nice.

I second this! I also have the 75t and they sound great. Punchy bass with clear sound. I also had some wired Jabra earbuds and they were terrible. Sound was very flat and not dynamic at all. Jabra has really come a long way. Otherwise, it's extremely difficult to justify such a high price for essentially disposable products by the fact you can't replace the batteries in them.
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Dec 24, 2017
12 posts
17 upvotes
Just bought 75t last week because Wirecutter recommended them! I like them so far, but haven't had a lot of experience yet.

Two issues for me is that buds usually don't stay in my ears (especially Apple), and I get bad ear soreness after extended periods. Neither have been an issue for me yet with my 75t, which I assume are a similar shape to these.

I am returning my 75t for this deal (via Amazon)

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/revi ... s-earbuds/